Recruitment and Retention for 2025

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Luke played between 4to15 games per season for the dogs over 4 years, but 28 games for Wigan this year:

nervous about his injuries.. but maybe its a gamble we take.. he was on 800k per season back in 2020 mind you.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
JAC may not be sacked if he takes a (substantial) pay cut. Otherwise he will be fired.
Where did you hear that? Doesn't seem likely to me from a legal perspective. Unless it's taking a substantial pay cut to get an extension which is likely anyway.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Luke played between 4to15 games per season for the dogs over 4 years, but 28 games for Wigan this year:

nervous about his injuries.. but maybe its a gamble we take.. he was on 800k per season back in 2020 mind you.
Didn't realise he was with them for 4 years. I thought it was something like a big injury in training saw him miss almost all one season and then suspensions and a number of niggling injuries saw him miss a lot of 2 more. Must have been 3 more unless he had 2 major injuries.

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
But by itself it is not a sackable offense. In a modern society you are supposed to rehabilitate rather than take a fire and brimstone, Old Testament approach. But you are right, they cannot ask him directly to take a pay cut. They would have to do it in a more subtle way.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
But by itself it is not a sackable offense. In a modern society you are supposed to rehabilitate rather than take a fire and brimstone, Old Testament approach. But you are right, they cannot ask him directly to take a pay cut. They would have to do it in a more subtle way.
On NRL 360 they were saying he might have a few strikes against his name already. Added to the fact he lied to club officials about it. That might be 2 strikes right there.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
On NRL 360 they were saying he might have a few strikes against his name already. Added to the fact he lied to club officials about it. That might be 2 strikes right there.
That must be it. Though it wouldn't surprise me if using illicit narcotics is sackable just by itself.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I read the Dogs were at present looking at legal options and how much they would have to pay him out.

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
Gutho won’t be fullback at Parra next year. He won’t like that ! Where will he play then ? He is on big money. Off the bench ?

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
Listening to Gus on 100% Footy, hes using the language "We will do whats best for the club", in other words JAC almost certainly gone.. Im not rly fussed either way on him, has a lot of injuries and doesnt cover any positions bar wing.. but if it was something we were looking for sure..

RCG I would be shocked if he doesnt have somewhere lined up.. I do keep hearing there is a slim chance its still us.. but surely thats only a thing if his other options have dried up.. the ones he was willing to torpedo our deal over.
Brad Arthur said RCG has something lined up, which makes me think possibly a club looking to clear a spot for him, wouldnt suprise me if JAC goes RCG comes in.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Gutho won’t be fullback at Parra next year. He won’t like that ! Where will he play then ? He is on big money. Off the bench ?
Was always overrated. Parra would have been better if he wasn't taking 2 hits up every set. Anyway, not a big deal for them as he only has one more year. Our old boy Bud Sullivan has 3 years left from next year at the Tigers and appears to be barely maintaining his spot in reserve grade.
Brad Arthur said RCG has something lined up, which makes me think possibly a club looking to clear a spot for him, wouldnt suprise me if JAC goes RCG comes in.
I think they have some serious salary cap issues. Letting JAC go was probably already calculated in to clear up space for some of their young players like Preston and Kiraz.

Last edited:

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Roosters have signed Townsend and after Verrills.
3 way swap is on the cards if we can't get Campbell.
Hunt to Titans, Fifita to 3rd club and we get a half from them.

Assume Jojo Fifita, surely not David after he just recommitted this year.

Tbh it's Campbell that needs to agree, I'm sure the titans would do it since they're in a win now mode while Foran is still playing & a relatively weak top 4 next year. Only the Sharks & Storm will get better, so an open comp imo. If not Campbell then I'd ask for mofo.

Kini
Foran
Hunt
Brimson (transition Brimson to the halves once Foran retires).

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Not sure if anyone else has listened to the flanno podcast on dragons den, he's aiming for a middle & potentially an outside back signing in the off-season. Said Sloan pretty much has next year to a nail a spot, otherwise he's goneskis. He sounded pretty annoyed at missing top 8, I like that attitude. Underlying tone was return to pre-season in top shape otherwise face the wraith. He kept talking about Holmes playing a centre, so assume he'll give Sloan 1st crack at fullback. He was also adamant of the cook/liddle combo in our 17, so pencil liddle in for one bench spot.

Thinking the initial backline will be:
Sloan
CT
Holmes
Suli
?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Assume Jojo Fifita, surely not David after he just recommitted this year.

Tbh it's Campbell that needs to agree, I'm sure the titans would do it since they're in a win now mode while Foran is still playing & a relatively weak top 4 next year. Only the Sharks & Storm will get better, so an open comp imo. If not Campbell then I'd ask for mofo.

Kini
Foran
Hunt
Brimson (transition Brimson to the halves once Foran retires).
They tried Brimson in the halves. Just didn't work out. I think he will be the one given permission to look elsewhere. Campbell goes pretty well at 5/8.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Look everyone is entitled to their opinions, I believe that we all want what is best for our beloved club. My prediction was that we would play semi finals football again next season, I still firmly believe that is achievable. We won't be a competitive top 8 team with our current halves pairing. If Hunt stays we finish 8th at best if he goes we need a game manager not a eyes up player such as Campbell (Titans). Flanagan also doesn't fit that bill but undoubtedly if fit will be in the run on team. We badly need a big bodied prop hopefully even if we pick one up from the ESL. I wouldn't be surprised if young Sloan is moved to the wing if his defensive game management doesn't improve. Time will tell we will know more after the 1st November deadline who we have recruited to fill the final spots in our top 30. We still have Allen in our backs recovering from his injury and he has played multiple backline positions in his career. We have the coach, he is rebuilding his support staff and coaching staff, he is making meaningful changes to our poor culture and discipline and it would now appear that he has the support of the management to dictate the removal of staff that doesn't share his visions for our future which looks bright

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Flanagan also doesn't fit that bill but undoubtedly if fit will be in the run on team.
Why? I honestly believe he's a 5/8 who can't pass while running. I'm probably wrong because that is just ridiculous but after watching LKT in his one run on game running to the defence and passing, not catching and passing immediately or running, not even looking like passing as Kyle does, I wondered.

Last edited:

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Why? I honestly believe he's a 5/8 who can't pass while running. I'm probably wrong because that is just ridiculous but after watching LKT in his one run on game running to the defence and passing, not catching and passing immediately or running, not even looking like passing as Kyle does, I wondered.
LTK to 5/8 Flanno to the bench to cover until we get a real 7 ..........