Recruitment and Retention for 2025

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
When I speak of a game manager I am speaking about a player that can read the ebbs and flows of the game. A player who is in the position to change or adjust a game plan on the field depending on the circumstances and be able to communicate that to the other players on the field.
Good analysis. Something Hunt has never had the nouse to do.
remember we are still chasing an outside back and a big prop for our last 2 spots.
Flanno has said he wants two middles, expect they are 2 props or a prop and a lock if he keeps JDB at #10. What are his plans for the Couchies?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Another journeyman. This will be his 4th club and still in his 20s.
When it comes to recruiting quality we are beggars so have to get what we can. Check out Joes last season stats, on a par with Jacks. I reckon the Eels are risking losing him due to their salary cap as he certainly is no has been. Compare his stats with these dudes Wiremu Grieg and Kelma Tuilagi, two more Eels props sent to market.

Last edited:

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Flanno has said he wants two middles
I believe he does, but I don't know whether Eisenhuth is going to count as 1 of them... I think it depends if we can move 2 middles i.e. Lawrie+Fifita on to clear the room.

However we do know Flanno is 'right now' chasing an outside back (manly or other) & a middle (it seems like rcg has failed, so maybe lodge or england).. so as of right now.. we can only register those 2 contracts with the NRL.. i.e. the NRL wont let us do anything else until we clear more space.

After that, his next priority is halves coverage (but thats messy now due to potential Hunt trades), and after that.. perhaps that extra Middle.. but then its coming back to how many we can move on.. its hard to think that far ahead after missing RCG and with this Hunt thing.. we have some more pressing issues we need to fix asap.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I believe he does, but I don't know whether Eisenhuth is going to count as 1 of them... I think it depends if we can move 2 middles i.e. Lawrie+Fifita on to clear the room.

However we do know Flanno is 'right now' chasing an outside back (manly or other) & a middle (it seems like rcg has failed, so maybe lodge or england).. so as of right now.. we can only register those 2 contracts with the NRL.. i.e. the NRL wont let us do anything else until we clear more space.

After that, his next priority is halves coverage (but thats messy now due to potential Hunt trades), and after that.. perhaps that extra Middle.. but then its coming back to how many we can move on.. its hard to think that far ahead after missing RCG and with this Hunt thing.. we have some more pressing issues we need to fix asap.
The wonders of running a RL team.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Reed or Hammoud halfback, LKT 5/8.
Yeah I mean nothing is a lock yet.. Ward played some 6 in nsw cup even though hes normally a 7... and I liked it.. he is really nippy and has the skillset of a 7.. I think Hammoud or Reed could do the same potentially, Hammoud was a 6 in SG Ball anyway... Reed played 6 in that recent grandfinal I think it was.. and did great, might be less pressure while coming through.. either way its all good.. I mean Moses was a 6 early also if you recall.

Big qn is probably who our Top 30 halfback depth is going to be, that might be the NSW Cup 7.. but muchhhhhh to play out yet.....

Note: They are even talking about Gutho being back on the radar again tonight... he might be a better call than the other outside back Justa said we were looking at.. would cover 1/3/6, but im not sure if that deal would be something we could wrap up ahead of November.. thats leaving things late.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
Yeah I mean nothing is a lock yet.. Ward played some 6 in nsw cup even though hes normally a 7... and I liked it.. he is really nippy and has the skillset of a 7.. I think Hammoud or Reed could do the same potentially, Hammoud was a 6 in SG Ball anyway... Reed played 6 in that recent grandfinal I think it was.. and did great, might be less pressure while coming through.. either way its all good.. I mean Moses was a 6 early also if you recall.
I thought so too. So what was the problem? The only thing I can think of is that they have high hopes in Reed and/or Hammoud. Though hasn't the latter played all his juniors at 5/8?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Sounds like Phil Gould is preparing to cut JAC loose.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hopefully unless you're an A-grade player in our team then your spot isn't guaranteed. I want the likes of LKT/Flanno/Sloan/CT/all the middles bar JDB to fight for a top 17 spot in the off-season. I think flanno will be very tough & get their competitive spirit out of them. They've had a season to understand Flanno & vice versa, now the real coaching begins.

The only locks in the team at the moment should be:

3. Suli
1 or 4. Holmes
7. Hunt
9. Cook
11. Sua
12. Luciano
13. JDB
14. Liddle
Luciano hasn't deserved that, has he? he might be under some pressure from Hamish Stewart in particular next year.

Last edited:

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Sloane would be NSW Cup (cant play wing if you get picked up when you run), but we would finally have fullback depth.. Gutho would also fix our backline depth issues covering 1/3/6, but its just rumour at this point.. we have to wait and see.