Round 11: North Queensland vs St George Illawarra

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Next week I'd be going with a backline of
  1. Sloan (we have no one else.)
  2. Finau
  3. Feagai (had a shocker today. Needs a baking.)
  4. Feagai (A centre or not in the 17.)
  5. Rava
  6. Lomax
  7. Sullivan
Hunt to start at hooker. Suli to start on the bench and come on in the forwards barring a backline injury.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt (In the first 20min when he was playing hooker, looked really dangerous and set up the first try.)
I said last week his good distribution gets us on the front foot. He does not have the same impact with ball at half. No mention of Sully, where did he play and how did he go.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I said last week his good distribution gets us on the front foot. He does not have the same impact with ball at half. No mention of Sully, where did he play and how did he go.
Sully looked good in the first 20min. Got binned in ridiculous circumstances which he had no control over and wasn't seen again.....

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Just took a look at his stats, 3 runs for 20m, 4 tackles but only played 20 mins?

Hunt 5 runs -25m, Mbye 2- 27m. That is where our go forward is falling down and our attack with it. We are always on the back foot. Liddle ran 130m last week, prob similar today, yet USELESS GRIFFIN DROPPED HIM..

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Max Feigai may have missed a couple of telling tackles but he made 10 more than his brother who should have been dropped three weeks ago.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Just took a look at his stats, 3 runs for 20m, 4 tackles but only played 20 mins?

Hunt 5 runs -25m, Mbye 2- 27m. That is where our go forward is falling down and our attack with it. We are always on the back foot. Liddle ran 130m last week, prob similar today, yet USELESS GRIFFIN DROPPED HIM..
Griffin has completely lost it. I can't see any other possible reason for his recruitment and selections.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Sione also plays centre and with a decent organiser I can see him doing great things. Next week put him in Matt Feagai's place and piss him back to Ressies. Put his brother on notice. You have Lomax at 5/8. I say fullback and move Sloan there as he has better ball skills and put Junior in the three quarters where he can better utilise his running game..

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Sione also plays centre and with a decent organiser I can see him doing great things. Next week put him in Matt Feagai's place and piss him back to Ressies. Put his brother on notice. You have Lomax at 5/8. I say fullback and move Sloan there as he has better ball skills and put Junior wider even taking Rava's wing, moving the big Fijian to the bench where he will do much more damage coming on late..
I'm not giving up on Feagai just yet. We all know he can tackle. We've seen enough to know it. Just need a coach who will make him believe and make him never repeat tonight. I'd be giving Amone a stint in the NSW Cup. Sullivan 7, Hunt 6, Liddle 9, Lomax 3, Suli 16 for me.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Looks like everyone is talking about the shockers of our centres and Sullivan being hooked for no obvious reason. I agree with that but did anyone see BMM and Kerr? Every time they got near the ball, it was slow motion stuff. At one point commentators even commented on BMM getting the ball and "walking" into the defence.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Can see from the replay that the Cowboys took a clear game plan and structure into the match while we forgot ours as we do every week. Their half would runs rings round Hunt.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
It is obvious that Sloan and Amone are wasting their talents in their present positions. So once Griffin finally departs, lets think outside the box and swap them to where they'd be most useful. Our season is done and dusted so time to experiment.

Last edited: