Round 11 vs New Zealand

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I like to be more original than just say "x5" so I'm just going to wish you a good, relaxing vacation. Enjoy the beer in Europe while they still have gas for it.
There's always one.

Back on topic, I think jodragon40 jodragon40 is correct that in the first 15min Dragons lightwight pack might find the going difficult.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
There's always one.

Back on topic, I think jodragon40 jodragon40 is correct that in the first 15min Dragons lightwight pack might find the going difficult.
Trust me without Mcguire going forwards we will be on the back foot. Although I do note that they have a new face in their pack but there engine room is far bigger than ours with Fanoua- Blake, Tevanga and Lodge the ball playing skills of Harris will be very dangerous on the edge with their pack rolling up the field, however they will miss their hooker Egan he is far quicker than Tevanga and their best forward all season Curran surely we can't start with Lawrie.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Trust me without Mcguire going forwards we will be on the back foot. Although I do note that they have a new face in their pack but there engine room is far bigger than ours with Fanoua- Blake, Tevanga and Lodge the ball playing skills of Harris will be very dangerous on the edge with their pack rolling up the field, however they will miss their hooker Egan he is far quicker than Tevanga and their best forward all season Curran surely we can't start with Lawrie.
In principle I agree Lawrie shouldn't start but who do you have starting instead? Last week McGuire was the obvious choice but this week? Woods? Probably a better option but he was really bad last weekend.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
There's always one.

Good ball control, kick early and into space. Turn their big props around. After 20min or so, begin to dominate. Also rely on the big wingers and Suli to be busy early.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Good ball control, kick early and into space. Turn their big props around. After 20min or so, begin to dominate. Also rely on the big wingers and Suli to be busy early.
You sound like a coach good simple game plan when you know that your outgunned in the engine room. Warriors plan will be pretty simple run hard straight use your size in the middle of the park and give Johnston room to weave his magic. Run straight at Mbye and Lawrie who will miss tackles and roll down the middle. Simple plan to overcome a smaller more mobile pack.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
In principle I agree Lawrie shouldn't start but who do you have starting instead? Last week McGuire was the obvious choice but this week? Woods? Probably a better option but he was really bad last weekend.
Mcguire did his groin hence the poor performance he showed courage to battle on but in hindsight should have been left off the field after the injury occurred. We were banking on Woods and Burgess earlier this season but it would appear neither is up to 1st grade standards anymore. So then you roll the dice and bring back Kerr just to get some size in there. Although he really isn't the answer as we have seen but in saying that in game 1 against the Warriors he did run for 123m and made 23 tackles missed 0. I most probably would have started him this week.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
You sound like a coach good simple game plan when you know that your outgunned in the engine room. Warriors plan will be pretty simple run hard straight use your size in the middle of the park and give Johnston room to weave his magic. Run straight at Mbye and Lawrie who will miss tackles and roll down the middle. Simple plan to overcome a smaller more mobile pack.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Lawrie misses most of his tackles on faster players who run either side of him. Not the bigger players who run straight into him. Mybe is definitely a worry as is Jack Bird.
Mcguire did his groin hence the poor performance he showed courage to battle on but in hindsight should have been left off the field after the injury occurred. We were banking on Woods and Burgess earlier this season but it would appear neither is up to 1st grade standards anymore. So then you roll the dice and bring back Kerr just to get some size in there. Although he really isn't the answer as we have seen but in saying that in game 1 against the Warriors he did run for 123m and made 23 tackles missed 0. I most probably would have started him this week.
Kerr would have been an option. His defence is pretty good and he takes the metres on offer but I think his tackle busts and PCMs are close to zero each week. A really bad stat for any forward.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg

DRAGONS v WARRIORS

Saturday, 3pm, Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Blake Lawrie
  9. Moses Mbye
  10. Francis Molo
  11. Jack Bird
  12. Jack Gosiewski
  13. Jack De Belin
  14. Jayden Sullivan
  15. Tariq Sims
  16. Aaron Woods
  17. Michael Molo

Reserves:​

18. Tyrell Fuimaono
19. Tautau Moga
20. George Burgess
21. Tyrell Sloan
22. Josh Kerr
23. Jackson Ford
24. Jaiyden Hunt
Did Tyrell Fuimaono run over the coach's dog? Looks like he has fallen way out of favour.

Eric

Staff
Did Tyrell Fuimaono run over the coach's dog? Looks like he has fallen way out of favour.
Kind of weird how he dropped off the radar after coming off the bench in two games. I didn't notice him do anything really bad in those games.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Kind of weird how he dropped off the radar after coming off the bench in two games. I didn't notice him do anything really bad in those games.
Probably has something to do with a bad attitude at training. Can't think of anything else.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Probably has something to do with a bad attitude at training. Can't think of anything else.
He was brought over from Penrith where I presume Griffin had previously coached him. Hard to believe Griffin has only just found he has a bad attitude. But then again he certainly isn't injured and only played 2 first grade games when he seemed far from the worst forward so..... What is it? Another mystery.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Do you think I may have a future as a coach?

There are some dangers but Dragons are definitely favourites. Get a win this week and next week against the Bullgrubs and should be back on track.

Need more from de Belin as well. He has escaped criticism because of the other forwards playing worse.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Do you think I may have a future as a coach?

There are some dangers but Dragons are definitely favourites. Get a win this week and next week against the Bullgrubs and should be back on track.

Need more from de Belin as well. He has escaped criticism because of the other forwards playing worse.
On the flip side, lose either of these games, especially the Grubs game, the spoon is a distinct possibility.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons vs Warriors 3pm at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium

Dragons team: 1. Cody Ramsey 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 9. Moses Mbye 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Jack Bird 12. Jack Gosiewski 13. Jack de Belin 14. Jayden Sullivan 15. Tariq Sims 16. Aaron Woods 17. Michael Molo 18. Francis Molo 19. Tyrell Fuimaono 20. Tautau Moga 21. George Burgess 22. Tyrell Sloan 23. Josh Kerr 24. Jackson Ford 25. Jaiyden Hunt

Late Mail: Cody Ramsey gets a crack at the fullback jersey with Tyrell Sloan shifting to the reserves. Moses Mbye holds the hooker spot with Andrew McCullough still sidelined. Jack Gosiewski comes into the second row for Josh McGuire (groin). Michael Molo will make his debut off the bench with brother Francis Molo shifting to 18th man.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team: 1. Cody Ramsey 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 9. Moses Mbye 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Jack Bird 12. Jack Gosiewski 13. Jack de Belin 14. Jayden Sullivan 15. Tariq Sims 16. Aaron Woods 17. Michael Molo 18. Francis Molo 19. Tyrell Fuimaono 20. Tautau Moga 21. George Burgess 22. Tyrell Sloan 23. Josh Kerr 24. Jackson Ford 25. Jaiyden Hunt

Late Mail: Cody Ramsey gets a crack at the fullback jersey with Tyrell Sloan shifting to the reserves. Moses Mbye holds the hooker spot with Andrew McCullough still sidelined. Jack Gosiewski comes into the second row for Josh McGuire (groin). Michael Molo will make his debut off the bench with brother Francis Molo shifting to 18th man.
Definitely a mistake. If you look carefully at that team list, you'll notice there in no No.8.

Eric

Staff

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS v NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS

Saturday, 3pm, Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

Dragons Team

1. Cody Ramsey, 2. Mathew Feagai, 3. Moses Suli, 4. Zac Lomax, 5. Mikaele Ravalawa, 6. Talatau Amone, 7. Ben Hunt, 8. Blake Lawrie, 9. Moses Mbye, 10. Francis Molo, 11. Jack Bird, 12. Jack Gosiewski, 13. Jack De Belin

Bench: 14. Jayden Sullivan, 15. Tariq Sims, 16. Aaron Woods, 17. Michael Molo

Reserves: 18. Tyrell Fuimaono, 19. Tautau Moga, 20. George Burgess, 21. Tyrell Sloan, 22. Josh Kerr, 23. Jackson Ford, 24. Jaiyden Hunt

Players cut: To come

Late mail: No major changes expected at the Dragons.

Mistake has been corrected. Seems the coach is still going with Sims coming on to give JDB a rest. Bird and Mr. Gosiewski are both 80min players. Weird. Not to denigrate either in any way but I'd say Sims is a better backrower than both. I'd definitely have both Bird and Lawrie coming off the bench.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Starting team confirmed and jodragon40 jodragon40 won't be happy.

Dragons team:​

1. Cody Ramsey 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 18. Francis Molo 9. Moses Mbye 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Jack Bird 19. Tyrell Fuimaono 13. Jack de Belin 14. Jayden Sullivan 15. Tariq Sims 16. Aaron Woods 17. Michael Molo 20. Tautau Moga 23. Josh Kerr

Players cut: 12. Jack Gosiewski 21. George Burgess 22. Tyrell Sloan 24. Jackson Ford 25. Jaiyden Hunt

Late Mail: Cody Ramsey gets a crack at fullback, while Moses Mbye holds the hooker spot with Andrew McCullough still sidelined. Jack Gosiewski was originally named in the second row for Josh McGuire (groin), but he hwas been swapped out for Tyrell Fuimaono. Michael Molo will make his debut off the bench with brother Francis Molo starting in the No.18 jersey. The No.8 jersey has been retired as part of the Johnny Raper tribute taking place on Saturday.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Starting team confirmed and jodragon40 jodragon40 won't be happy.

Dragons team:​

1. Cody Ramsey 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 18. Francis Molo 9. Moses Mbye 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Jack Bird 19. Tyrell Fuimaono 13. Jack de Belin 14. Jayden Sullivan 15. Tariq Sims 16. Aaron Woods 17. Michael Molo 20. Tautau Moga 23. Josh Kerr

Players cut: 12. Jack Gosiewski 21. George Burgess 22. Tyrell Sloan 24. Jackson Ford 25. Jaiyden Hunt

Late Mail: Cody Ramsey gets a crack at fullback, while Moses Mbye holds the hooker spot with Andrew McCullough still sidelined. Jack Gosiewski was originally named in the second row for Josh McGuire (groin), but he hwas been swapped out for Tyrell Fuimaono. Michael Molo will make his debut off the bench with brother Francis Molo starting in the No.18 jersey. The No.8 jersey has been retired as part of the Johnny Raper tribute taking place on Saturday.
I'm really confused about what's going on. What have Sims and Gosiewski done that's so bad? I can't think of anything. As for Bird and Woods, I can nominate quite a few things they have done wrong.

Anyway, glad M. Molo hasn't been cut.