Round 12 vs Bulldogs

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Look you are certainly entitled to your opinion but the pace of the game today makes it near impossible for any forward to play 80 minutes.
Except for nearly every edge forward and a handful of hookers and middle forwards.
If you look at Eisenhuth stat's for the last 3 yrs he has never been asked to play more than 60 min apart for a handful of games. He has avg playing 17 games per season.
Coming on as a middle forward probably. I doubt Bellamy would stand for an edge backrower who can't play 80min.
To my eye based on my experiences he was fatigued
Agree but why?
and out matched, he was being asked to do the impossible against a SOO centre. Only 3 weeks ago against the Sharks he was being tounted as a workhorse , 66 tackles, 1 missed. Personally on this and other forums he has been singled out as one of the catalysts for a diabolical loss. I do not share that view.
Excuse me sir but marking Stephen Crighton isn't impossible. Very far from it.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
BOD shd've stuck with him. Seemed to have a better rapport with players imho.
Carr did far better with what he had to work with but I'm not giving up on Flanno yet. He needs and intervention vis-a-vis Kyle. That might be the slap around around the ear he needs to stop picking rejects from other clubs and start picking both Couchmans and winger Finau immediately while fast tracking half a dozen other young players for possible first grade selection.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Please explain.
I'm sure he thinks Kyle is the best player in the team and possibly in the NRL. But he needs to face the reality that isn't the case. Someone, like Craig Young or Ben Haran needs to sit down with Flanno and explain clearly that Kyle just isn't an NRL quality player.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Done nothing close to that before or since. His running metres are still poor. The workhorse in our pack is Lawrie , yet he is still bagged unmercifully.
Lawrie is a hard worker but his leg speed is slow and he isn't big for a prop. Lose forward momentum when he is on even though he probably makes more metres than Frank Molo because he does much more work. I think he's worth having. Every good pack needs a really hard worker.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Done nothing close to that before or since. His running metres are still poor. The workhorse in our pack is Lawrie , yet he is still bagged unmercifully.
That was only 2 games ago before last Thursday. He does his job as a defensive forward. If only the other players would do their jobs . Same as Lawrie does his job .

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
That was only 2 games ago before last Thursday. He does his job as a defensive forward. If only the other players would do their jobs . Same as Lawrie does his job .
  1. He didn't last game.
  2. How many "hard workers" rather than tackle breakers should a good pack have?

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
  1. He didn't last game.
  2. How many "hard workers" rather than tackle breakers should a good pack have?
Good edge forwards tackle and run a lot. Having a supposed tackling machine in the pack is doing very little for the actual defence. See below.
Last year's first 6 loss margins under Hook
22, 32, 2, 6, 1, 2. Total 65 points. 2 wins in that run.
Carr's first 6 losses
14, 8, 30, 36, 10, 6. Total 104. 3 wins in that run
This year under Flanno
38, 22, 20, 42, 10, 32. Total 164. 5 wins

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Another koala bear, a protected species?
Well there my friend is the problem , the boy's club continues to raise its head ........ I have no doubt that once Flanno is finished Deano boy is ready to take over ......... The Youngs , Doust , Gordon's , Piggott , Graigh , and all others Millward and co are slowing killing this once feared mighty club ....... And throw in a CEO who does what ever the f**K he does .......

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Burton's kicking effect

Watched a relay of the game on eagle cam just to maps the forwards after down town kicks.
Dogs forwards were back onside under 20 seconds Dragons forward over 20 seconds up till 30 seconds (JDB) the last set in first half.

The forwards looked out of it by half time then add losing two middles, which brings us to playing Tom on the edge.
Tom on the edge v Roosters didn't work so why try it again, when we were already down one forward.
Why not leave Suli where he was, have Zac at 2 and Brown 1 in defence, that's the least disruption to the team.
It also give us 2 middles on the bench.
It should of at the least been done at the 60min mark when Tom injures his shoulder in a hit up. It looks like it was a burner he couldn't lift his arm amd Dogs targeted him.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Burton's kicking effect

Watched a relay of the game on eagle cam just to maps the forwards after down town kicks.
Dogs forwards were back onside under 20 seconds Dragons forward over 20 seconds up till 30 seconds (JDB) the last set in first half.

The forwards looked out of it by half time then add losing two middles, which brings us to playing Tom on the edge.
Tom on the edge v Roosters didn't work so why try it again, when we were already down one forward.
Why not leave Suli where he was, have Zac at 2 and Brown 1 in defence, that's the least disruption to the team.
It should of at the least been done at the 60min mark when Tom injures his shoulder in a hit up. It looks like it was a burner he couldn't lift his arm amd Dogs targeted him.

How did you get eagle cap? is it on kayo or somewhere else? I love that camera angle.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Burton's kicking effect

Agree. Eisenhuth was unfairly targeted in my view and to my eagle eye. It's easy to lay the blame on a tired and now known to have been injured 2nd rower. You could tell by the change in his tackling style something wasn't right, and although entitled to their opinions having such a player marking a SOO centre was never goingtoend well. Just my views.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
CT wing would like to see Si
Matt centre
Jesse 7 or 14
HAS FL FORGOTTEN HOW TERRIBLE MATT WAS LAST TIME HE PLAYED FIRSTS. Yes he is going fine in Ressies, captain and fullback but that is where he needs to stay. Nu Brown is a utility, can play hooker or 5/8/half, how about centre? Please not Marschke, he aint first grade standard. We are on the end of another walloping if he is our play maker..

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Agree. Eisenhuth was unfairly targeted in my view and to my eagle eye. It's easy to lay the blame on a tired and now known to have been injured 2nd rower. You could tell by the change in his tackling style something wasn't right, and although entitled to their opinions having such a player marking a SOO centre was never goingtoend well. Just my views.
This is a hill you will die on.
The 3 missed tackles that led directly to tries were in the first 10min of the second half, so before the 60min mark, and only one was on Crighton.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
This is a hill you will die on.
The 3 missed tackles that led directly to tries were in the first 10min of the second half, so before the 60min mark, and only one was on Crighton.
Very dramatic statement. People can point and lay the blame on an individual player, that is human nature especially when your team has been given a footballing lesson on the field and humiliated. Perhaps next time we lose a back with no utility on the bench Eisenhuth won't be placed in that position. I personally feel that I'm tobogganing down the hill. Just my views.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Very dramatic statement. People can point and lay the blame on an individual player, that is human nature especially when your team has been given a footballing lesson on the field and humiliated. Perhaps next time we lose a back with no utility on the bench Eisenhuth won't be placed in that position. I personally feel that I'm tobogganing down the hill. Just my views.
I don't think you are wrong about him not being a centre. I just think no matter what position he is in, missing those tackles was unacceptable. 1 happens. 2 is a concern. 3 in 10min isn't acceptable. Not even if he was a little halfback with props running at him. Still should do better than Eisenhuth did.