Round 12 vs Bulldogs

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Tom Eisenhuth is a Melbourne reject.

Before jodragon40 jodragon40 goes off on me, I know he hasn't been that bad until tonight. But I wouldn't say he's been good either.
People are entitled to their opinions and have targeted Eisenhuth. However in my experience we have at best a 60 min 2nd rower who was already fatigued marking a SOO centre. Ciraldo saw the new left edge defensive structure, Flanagan, Eisenhuth and Rav and implemented his alternative attacking contingency plans . The rest is history now. I have been saying all season that running 4 forwards off the bench is fraught with danger. The Roosters game and now last night's game shows perhaps this may be the last time this season such a bench will happen again. Time will tell

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I understand you but as he is in the team specifically for his defence, don't you think no matter how fatigued, those misses just weren't good enough? Needs a stint to try and get his mojo back in the NSW Cup.
Not in my view. Eisenhuth was given mission impossible. He is at the very best a 60 min player has avg 45 min in games so far this season. He was asked to mark a SOO centre and quite simply it was beyond his ability to do so.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Fox has only Jack running over 100m.. again. Add his 35 tackles and another herculean game from him.
Once again JDB was our best forward statistically. Defensively made 41 tackles missed 1, second only behind Liddle who made 49 and missed 4. In attack made 15 runs for 155m, 56 post contact metres, second only to Lomax who made 21 runs for 192m. Only other forward that cracked the 100m was Molo with 12 runs for 106m, 41 p.c.m.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I haven't but those were 3 pathetic misses which a first grader has no business doing. One of them was just after halftime. 3 were within 10min of halftime.
Again fatigued I don't know what else people are thinking. You can tell if a player is fatigued by his actions, the changes in his demeanour when attempting those tackles, he was standing tall instead of leaning into the tackles with his strong shoulder, reaching out with his arms and poor body position. The only thing that fixes on field fatigue is a rest. If you look at his time on field stat's so far this season he is replaced between 20 - 25 min because he has done the baulk of the defence in the ruck area. As a coach I found it did no one any help by simply blaming 1 or 2 individuals for poor performances without first identifying the reasons for their performance. It is not as simplistic as supporters believe. The coach had no options last night and akin to the Roosters game we paid the price.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Flanno had options but Flanno is about Flanno too stubborn for his own good.
We had the best centre in the club on the wing work something out around him.
Flannos hatred of Zac prevents him from doing that.
As I’ve said before the biggest problem at the club is Hunt he was outplayed by a half that has been in ressies all year.
Our whole structure for the last 5 years is built around him.
Nothing changes until he goes.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
As I’ve said before the biggest problem at the club is Hunt he was outplayed by a half that has been in ressies all year.
Unfortunately I agree, honestly look at our current spine. Anyone with some decent RL experience would look at that spine and if honest would say that's not a top 8 spine.

Eric

Staff
He hates Lomax but has others he just adores. Eisenhuth, RFM, Kyle (of course), Hunt, Sele. All his recruits basically.

Bird just a bit less than Kyle.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Right on said this many times Hunt is not a 7 never was and never has been , his kicking game is crap no idea .......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
People are entitled to their opinions and have targeted Eisenhuth. However in my experience we have at best a 60 min 2nd rower who was already fatigued marking a SOO centre. Ciraldo saw the new left edge defensive structure, Flanagan, Eisenhuth and Rav and implemented his alternative attacking contingency plans . The rest is history now. I have been saying all season that running 4 forwards off the bench is fraught with danger. The Roosters game and now last night's game shows perhaps this may be the last time this season such a bench will happen again. Time will tell
I rhink this is right but honestly, edge backrowers and centres are supposed to be 80min players.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
He hates Lomax but has others he just adores. Eisenhuth, RFM, Kyle (of course), Hunt, Sele. All his recruits basically.

Bird just a bit less than Kyle.
I've been banging on about this for a while now. I think since it became obvious Bird wasn't going to make it in the forwards full-time. Which was after a few games for me.

I think Bird is a good player. Strictly as an interchange utility. Last night proves the point. If we had a centre who went down, Bird could have slotted right in. And if not, he could have come on to give Luciano a break because he's coming back from injury or give JDB a well earned rest. And could have even come on as a 5/8 if the coach hooked our 5/8.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Again fatigued I don't know what else people are thinking. You can tell if a player is fatigued by his actions, the changes in his demeanour when attempting those tackles, he was standing tall instead of leaning into the tackles with his strong shoulder, reaching out with his arms and poor body position. The only thing that fixes on field fatigue is a rest. If you look at his time on field stat's so far this season he is replaced between 20 - 25 min because he has done the baulk of the defence in the ruck area. As a coach I found it did no one any help by simply blaming 1 or 2 individuals for poor performances without first identifying the reasons for their performance. It is not as simplistic as supporters believe. The coach had no options last night and akin to the Roosters game we paid the price.
I think you are 100% right. It was fatigue greatly contributing to those misses. My point is that he shouldn't have been fatigued.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Tom Eisenhuth is a Melbourne reject.

Before jodragon40 jodragon40 goes off on me, I know he hasn't been that bad until tonight. But I wouldn't say he's been good either.
He had a shocker last night but has been ok. I have no problem with picking up a Melbourne reject or two. Two max. Well run teams only have a reject or two max.

To have not 1 or 2 but 3 Grubs rejects is incomprehensible🤬! When you consider they have been worse than us over the last several years.