Round 12 vs Bulldogs

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
There was no choice, when we lost Sele and then Bird he had to play on.
No choice. Understand and agree with you. Should a backrower who played the first half without making any waves, good or bad, be so fatigued at the start of the second half to miss those three tackles he missed? If Kyle Flanno or Sloan missed those tackles, I'd be blowing up. For a second rower to make them is simply unacceptable. And if he was that fatigued after 40min, he has no business in first grade.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
No choice. Understand and agree with you. Should a backrower who played the first half without making any waves, good or bad, be so fatigued at the start of the second half to miss those three tackles he missed? If Kyle Flanno or Sloan missed those tackles, I'd be blowing up. For a second rower to make them is simply unacceptable. And if he was that fatigued after 40min, he has no business in first grade.
Look you are certainly entitled to your opinion but the pace of the game today makes it near impossible for any forward to play 80 minutes. If you look at Eisenhuth stat's for the last 3 yrs he has never been asked to play more than 60 min apart for a handful of games. He has avg playing 17 games per season. To my eye based on my experiences he was fatigued and out matched, he was being asked to do the impossible against a SOO centre. Only 3 weeks ago against the Sharks he was being tounted as a workhorse , 66 tackles, 1 missed. Personally on this and other forums he has been singled out as one of the catalysts for a diabolical loss. I do not share that view.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Look you are certainly entitled to your opinion but the pace of the game today makes it near impossible for any forward to play 80 minutes.
I respect your opinion but that is just wrong. Almost all edge backrowers play for 80min. Su'a does and I think Leilua will from next week.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I respect your opinion but that is just wrong. Almost all edge backrowers play for 80min. Su'a does and I think Leilua will from next week.
By all means please feel free to check for yourself. There of course are 1 or 2 forwards per team that do play the full 80 mins but the majority dont and couldn't, hence most teams run 4 forwards off the bench. If you try and play the large majority of forwards in todays game for the full 80 mins you will find those 80 min players if there are many will not be performing at their optimum level.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
By all means please feel free to check for yourself. There of course are 1 or 2 forwards per team that do play the full 80 mins but the majority dont and couldn't, hence most teams run 4 forwards off the bench. If you try and play the large majority of forwards in todays game for the full 80 mins you will find those 80 min players if there are many will not be performing at their optimum level.
yep. One or two edge backrowers. That's part of the job description. And BTW, also why JDBs numbers are so impressive.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Can only play what's in front of you, and they (coach) adjusted the plan (and players followed instructions) which doesn't seem to happen with us. We seem to do the same thing over and over expecting a different result- insanity (for the fans anyway).
True. Flanno is even worse than Griffin. Flanno has some options. Griffin just recruited all his old Broncos U21 team and had hardly any options apart from them. Flanno just recruits every unwanted journeyman unless that journeyman can play 5/8. In that case, Flanno has no interest.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Last year's first 6 loss margins under Hook
22, 32, 2, 6, 1, 2. Total 65 points. 2 wins in that run.
Carr's first 6 losses
14, 8, 30, 36, 10, 6. Total 104. 3 wins in that run
This year under Flanno
38, 22, 20, 42, 10, 32. Total 164. 5 wins