Round 18: vs Sydney Roosters

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
This is how it works, not that I agree with it.

As bad as it look for Hunt to come out and say he wanted out it was far worse look for the club that our marquee player wanted out.
So Flanno convinced him to stay and who knows what the BS deal was.

We are on the nose for many reasons. Flanno was close with a lot of players and thought he would get some big name signings that never happened and that put more pressure on him.

In Flannos eyes he can not afford to lose his only marquee player. So he strokes the selfish bastards ego.

I also think Flanno knew about the leadership shortcomings hence he mentioned it in pre-season, to the extent of bringing in Tubby Taylor to help with leadership. He also said Hunt needed some help with leadership.

TBH I've never thought of Hunt as a game managing halfback, he's always been a 5/8th in my eyes who can help out a legitimate half like Widdop. Hunt plays best as an instinctive player. Even his kicking game is great when it's on the fly, like kicking out from dummy half to kick a 40/20. He's simply not a halfback.

Another thing, Hunt beams with happiness whenever QLD is mentioned & we rarely see this reaction when speaking about the Dragons. Playing for us is just a business decision for him, max out the $$$. Hence he doesn't want to give up the halfback & captaincy as he can command the highest $$$.

I'm unsure what the raiders are going to do with their multitude of halves next year BUT if Fogarty was available then I'd get him in a heartbeat. He's a legitimate half. I'd even be happy with someone like Toby Sexton. We need a pure playmaker.

Hunt is similar to DCE in both are more instinctive players but DCE has Turbo to organise the edges for him & Jurbo to organise the middles, so he can just play off the cuff BUT DCE has transformed into a likeable leader.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Eisenhuth being the captain shows the lack of leaders in this team. Su'a or Cook should be our captain next year, I remember hearing Su'a say he's going to be the captain next year when he told the group about re-signing but it could've been in jest.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I also think Flanno knew about the leadership shortcomings hence he mentioned it in pre-season, to the extent of bringing in Tubby Taylor to help with leadership. He also said Hunt needed some help with leadership.

TBH I've never thought of Hunt as a game managing halfback, he's always been a 5/8th in my eyes who can help out a legitimate half like Widdop. Hunt plays best as an instinctive player. Even his kicking game is great when it's on the fly, like kicking out from dummy half to kick a 40/20. He's simply not a halfback.

Another thing, Hunt beams with happiness whenever QLD is mentioned & we rarely see this reaction when speaking about the Dragons. Playing for us is just a business decision for him, max out the $$$. Hence he doesn't want to give up the halfback & captaincy as he can command the highest $$$.

I'm unsure what the raiders are going to do with their multitude of halves next year BUT if Fogarty was available then I'd get him in a heartbeat. He's a legitimate half. I'd even be happy with someone like Toby Sexton. We need a pure playmaker.

Hunt is similar to DCE in both are more instinctive players but DCE has Turbo to organise the edges for him & Jurbo to organise the middles, so he can just play off the cuff BUT DCE has transformed into a likeable leader.
Need a game managing 1/2 or 5/8. I don't see any particular reason why it has to be the halfback. I think Melbourne did ok with Hughes as a running 1/2 though his game seems to have evolved so that now he does a bit of both. But on Hunt, definitely a runner and kicker, not a game manager/playmaker.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Need a game managing 1/2 or 5/8. I don't see any particular reason why it has to be the halfback. I think Melbourne did ok with Hughes as a running 1/2 though his game seems to have evolved so that now he does a bit of both. But on Hunt, definitely a runner and kicker, not a game manager/playmaker.

Melb have developed halves, think cronk who came through as a centre? Then Hughes as a fullback. They've nailed development.