Round 18: vs Sydney Roosters

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Router’s could be contenders this year. It turned when Hunt kicked the ball into JDB’s head…..But why are there no questions about Kyle at the press conferences ? Maybe Flanno has banned Kyle questions ! I think he would do okay in the Super League—-but not the NRL…If Jesse goes well this week then he should replace Kyle.
Roosters are good this year. Top 4 team. Dragons are a 9th~12th team.

Eric

Staff
Roosters are good this year. Top 4 team. Dragons are a 9th~12th team.
Don't forget they were without 2 of their best players. Good team no doubt but how do the cheating *@+=#/ get under the cap. Outbid Souffs for Suuali, Newcastle for Young, several clubs for Leniu, Tigers for Tedesco and can keep the (few) quality players they bring through from juniors.

I didn't watch the second half but after the first, I bet they are already making plans to poach the Couchmans.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Don't forget they were without 2 of their best players. Good team no doubt but how do the cheating *@+=#/ get under the cap. Outbid Souffs for Suuali, Newcastle for Young, several clubs for Leniu, Tigers for Tedesco and can keep the (few) quality players they bring through from juniors.

I didn't watch the second half but after the first, I bet they are already making plans to poach the Couchmans.
Reminds me of the days in the late 90s when the Broncos nearly had the Australian team

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
16 this year. Similar numbers at other clubs until he was dropped. Including Bullgrubs who prefer to use GC back up halfback.
Yep but the other bloke has had 7 years and still fails so lets drop both , Jessie on the bench and when Liddle needs a rest Hunt to 9 jessie to 7 .......

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Yep but the other bloke has had 7 years and still fails so lets drop both , Jessie on the bench and when Liddle needs a rest Hunt to 9 jessie to 7 .......
Hunt is one of the best hookers in the competition. Maybe top 10 in halves. Remember GCs former reserve grade halfback now playing for the Bulldogs (can't remember his name) gave Hunt a bath several weeks ago.
Reminds me of the days in the late 90s when the Broncos nearly had the Australian team
Yep but no salary cap back then.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hunt is one of the best hookers in the competition. Maybe top 10 in halves. Remember GCs former reserve grade halfback now playing for the Bulldogs (can't remember his name) gave Hunt a bath several weeks ago.

True but the last time they won, beat Melbourne, there was evidence they were cheating the cap. NRL called the CEO Andrew Gee in for questioning but Andrew Gee resigned instead so NRL couldn't question him and Broncos got away with it.
It would be nice if Hunt had some help from his halves partner, wouldn't it?

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
True but the last time they won, beat Melbourne, there was evidence they were cheating the cap. NRL called the CEO Andrew Gee in for questioning but Andrew Gee resigned instead so NRL couldn't question him and Broncos got away with it.

It would be nice if Hunt had some help from his halves partner, wouldn't it?
Yes it would but it seems Hunt wants to do everything and all Kyle is doing is getting the ball to Hunt on most plays ........ Not defending young Flanno he needs to do a lot more ......... So is this a coach thing or a Hunt thing or is it a Kyle thing ......... ?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yes it would but it seems Hunt wants to do everything and all Kyle is doing is getting the ball to Hunt on most plays ........ Not defending young Flanno he needs to do a lot more ......... So is this a coach thing or a Hunt thing or is it a Kyle thing ......... ?
Flanno gets his hands on the ball a lot and he isn't "young" in the NRL sense of the word nowadays. Been at 4 clubs already. Was on the NRL scrapheap before Flanno was appointed our head coach. No other clubs wanted him even on a minimum wage. Was at the Bulldogs but they went and hired Gold Coasts backup halfback and had Kyle playing off the bench in the NSW Cup. But it's ok. For Flanno he's good enough to be a starting 5/8 for us.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

I beg to differ. My rapidly fading memory tells me that the salary cap was introduced by the NSWRL in 1990 and after super league it was continued by the newly formed NRL in 1998. No doubt in my mind that they were not playing by the rules in 1993

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I beg to differ. My rapidly fading memory tells me that the salary cap was introduced by the NSWRL in 1990 and after super league it was continued by the newly formed NRL in 1998. No doubt in my mind that they were not playing by the rules in 1993
You are probably right but I believe there was some kind of cap earlier but with loopholes big enough for George Rose to stroll through untouched.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Flanno gets his hands on the ball a lot and he isn't "young" in the NRL sense of the word nowadays. Been at 4 clubs already. Was on the NRL scrapheap before Flanno was appointed our head coach. No other clubs wanted him even on a minimum wage. Was at the Bulldogs but they went and hired Gold Coasts backup halfback and had Kyle playing off the bench in the NSW Cup. But it's ok. For Flanno he's good enough to be a starting 5/8 for us.
Ok you are really on his back you don't want him there either do I but before you give it to him only what about our million dollar 7 that has done absolutely nothing for 7 years or got us anywhere near the play offs ........ So until Hunt keeps underperforming you can't blame just Kyle ....... Every week we get the same mid field bombs from Hunt no purpose straight to a player , cant get us repeated sets in a close game , never challenges the refs sooks on the field with players when they make a mistake , but he continues to give oppositions 7 set plays from his kicks ....... Yep agree Kyle is not the solution but either is Hunt and if they resign him that will just about do me ........

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Ok you are really on his back you don't want him there either do I but before you give it to him only what about our million dollar 7 that has done absolutely nothing for 7 years or got us anywhere near the play offs ........ So until Hunt keeps underperforming you can't blame just Kyle ....... Every week we get the same mid field bombs from Hunt no purpose straight to a player , cant get us repeated sets in a close game , never challenges the refs sooks on the field with players when they make a mistake , but he continues to give oppositions 7 set plays from his kicks ....... Yep agree Kyle is not the solution but either is Hunt and if they resign him that will just about do me ........
It's not that I'm on his back. He's just not NRL standard. I want the Dragons to win! When Flanno has reached the point where he has to drop Kyle or he will be sacked, I'll be on about Eisenhuth.

I'm going to say something a lot of people might not like.
  • Is Hunt overpaid? Yes
  • Is Hunt overrated? Yes
  • Is he toxic to have around? I think yes. I read Just a Mug Fan Just a Mug Fan said he never does anything for the juniors. Not to mention his public tantrum when Griffin was sacked.
  • Is Hunt a crap halfback? No
  • Is Hunt an average playmaker at best? Yes
  • Does he have a good running game? Yes
  • Is he a good kicker? Yes
And Kyle:
  • Overpaid? A bit because he has a contract at all.
  • Overrated? I don't know anyone other than Flanno who rates him.
  • Toxic to have around? Not at all as far as I know but being around at all must piss other players off because it's obviously only because he's the coaches son.
  • Is he a crap halfback or 5/8? Yes
  • Is he a crap playmaker? Yes
  • Does he have a crap running game? Yes
  • Is he a good kicker? No

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
💯 Words from my mouth mate. As a game manager, HE SUCKS!!! As a LEADER HE SUCKS. Seven effing years????

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Is he toxic to have around? I think yes. I read @
Just a Mug Fan
Just a Mug Fan said he never does anything for the juniors. Not to mention his public tantrum when Griffin was sacked.
That is the most telling negative of your resume on him. Adding going to the media over Zac wanting out.
YET THIS MAN REMAINS THE TEAM LEADER, let alone staying on our books. BEWILDERING!!!

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
That is the most telling aspect of your resume. YET HE REMAINS THE TEAM LEADER, let alone still on our books. BEWILDERING!!!
Agree with that. I thought before things turned out like they did, I wanted Lomax to be captain. Right now...... how is Su'As communication? JDB would obviously be a good choice but he is nearing the end of his career.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Just on Su'A was he dropped from origin ...... ?
I didn't even look at the QLD team. Seems he was which is too bad. I hope Dragons have as many Origin players as possible. Next year, I very much doubt Hunt will still be in the QLD team and Zac will be gone and Su'A is touch and go. We might have zero Origin players next year.