Round 18: vs Sydney Roosters

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Watched the first half replay on eagle cam. It's great for what is happening while replays are being shown on TV.
Hunt, our half, our leader, our marquee million dollar player.

First try, Sloan sitting on the ground after try Tom goes over gets him up and gets the boys in a circle. Hunt standing on his own watching the replay.

High shot by JWH, Sua, Zac, Frank run in on JWH, Flanno approaches Ref and complains about hit. Hunt standing in background.

Second try Roosters run decoy interference. Liddle approaches Ref to make complaint. Hunt standing in ingoal by himself.

Hunt our f*cking captain, f*ck off.

Peter D

SGI Junior League
I beg to differ. My rapidly fading memory tells me that the salary cap was introduced by the NSWRL in 1990 and after super league it was continued by the newly formed NRL in 1998. No doubt in my mind that they were not playing by the rules in 1993
You are correct . This is why the Dragons got Barnhill and Collins because Raiders were way over the cap and had these guys playing largely reserve grade so they had to shed quite a few players.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Watched the first half replay on eagle cam. It's great for what is happening while replays are being shown on TV.

First try, Sloan sitting on the ground after try Tom goes over gets him up and gets the boys in a circle. Hunt standing on his own watching the replay.

High shot by JWH, Sua, Zac, Frank run in on JWH, Flanno approaches Ref and complains about hit. Hunt standing in background.

Second try Roosters run decoy interference. Liddle approaches Ref to make complaint. Hunt standing in ingoal by himself.

Is Flanno doing anything about it?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Agree , in fact if you closely watch a number of games this season especially you will see Hunt is failing to discharge his duties as a captain. In my day your best players were not automatically selected as the captain. I looked for a number of characteristics in a player, in fact I had 7:
1. Being selfless- team 1st mentality
2. Lead by example
3. The ability to Inspire your teamates
4. Have a positive attitude and relationship between him, his teamates and the coaching staff
5. Have the ability to achieve the core values of the club, team and inspire to reach the set goals
6. Train hard and inspire others to achieve their optimum performance on a consistent basis
7. Be able to step up, defend your teamates on the field

Not everyone has the necessary qualities to be a captain. I have had to remove the captaincy from players because the extra responsibility was affected their on field performances.

Hunt fails to inspire me as a leader as you have rightly pointed out. The question is whether the coach has seen the same and at the very least pulls him aside privately and raises his concerns. Time will tell.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Doesn't Flanno pull him aside and tell him to improve his attitude or there will be consequences?

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg

Why was Flanno so desperate for Hunt to stay but so easily accepted Lomax leaving?

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Is Flanno doing anything about it?

Doesn't Flanno pull him aside and tell him to improve his attitude or there will be consequences?

Surely club officials have had enough of him and can see the guys not a marquee 7 and send him on his way .......

Why was Flanno so desperate for Hunt to stay but so easily accepted Lomax leaving?

X2 same here ........
This is how it works, not that I agree with it.

As bad as it look for Hunt to come out and say he wanted out it was far worse look for the club that our marquee player wanted out.
So Flanno convinced him to stay and who knows what the BS deal was.

We are on the nose for many reasons. Flanno was close with a lot of players and thought he would get some big name signings that never happened and that put more pressure on him.

In Flannos eyes he can not afford to lose his only marquee player. So he strokes the selfish bastards ego.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

As bad as it look for Hunt to come out and say he wanted out it was far worse look for the club that our marquee player wanted out.

We are on the nose for many reasons. Flanno was close with a lot of players and thought he would get some big name signings that never happened and that put more pressure on him.

In Flannos eyes he can not afford to lose his only marquee player. So he strokes the selfish bastards ego.
I feel that even though it's been 10 yrs since the peptides saga Flanagan hasn't been completely forgiven. That's just my view. In regards to Hunt I ask how can he be considered a marquee signing now in the twilight of his career. Coaching at any level is a tough gig. Running a RL club as a CEO is a tough gig. Making the hard tough decisions is an expectation when you achieve such positions of authority and power. Perhaps we are getting closer for those decisions that need to be made to again make us a competitive top 8 team?

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg

Ok I hear you but honestly what has Hunt done or how has he improved our club as the Marquee player ....... And we are letting a younger player that's just starting to fill his potential go , Lomax .......

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Ok I hear you but honestly what has Hunt done or how has he improved our club as the Marquee player ....... And we are letting a younger player that's just starting to fill his potential go , Lomax .......
A marquee player is an athlete who is considered exceptionally popular, skilled, or otherwise outstanding, especially in his chosen professional sport. Is Hunt popular amongst his peers? I have my doubts.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
A marquee player is an athlete who is considered exceptionally popular, skilled, or otherwise outstanding, especially in his chosen professional sport. Is Hunt popular amongst his peers? I have my doubts.
Yep agree the only way I would keep him on was to move him to 9 when needed , but that's not going to happen with Cook coming ...... We need a genuine organizing 7 and 6 before we are a real threat , because we are not going to be that until that happens ......

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Yep agree the only way I would keep him on was to move him to 9 when needed , but that's not going to happen with Cook coming ...... We need a genuine organizing 7 and 6 before we are a real threat , because we are not going to be that until that happens ......
Mate your right. I know my time has come and gone but I've been a keen student of the game since 70. If I and you can see that our current spine is not going to improve us enough to firstly play semi finals football and secondly make us competitive surely other people in authority can?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I don't think we need an organizing 7 and 6 but one of the two definitely needs to be. How about Josh Schuster? I think his best position is 5/8 but needs to lose some weight.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg

Oh wow, that's horrible leadership & body language.

Where do you see eagle cam? Is it on Kayo? Love that view of the game.