Round 19 St George Illawarra v Manly

Eric

Staff
Take the win even though I wanted more. Mybe, Moga in the team ahead of some very promising young players and still getting the win is the biggest plus. Then conceding only 6. Then the form of JDB and Hunt. Negatives are Jack Birds defence and some of his brain explosions. Zac Lomax was really poor in the second half.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well a win is a win but gee whiz they made it hard. The stats indicate that we completed at 80% Missed 33 tackles instead of the 50 . Lawrie ran for 200m + that's the 2nd time this season he is finally learning to run lower to the ground. I do like the look of Burns he ran for 119m , Sua for 116m, JDB 110m, Sims was wonderful 147m even McGuire ran for 121m so with stats like that you win games. But we need to improve greatly against the Cowboys next week to be a chance of winning. Should be a bumper crowd next Sunday at Kogarah once again so I suggest Sloan will be recalled Sullivan will get more game time.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Take the win even though I wanted more. Mybe, Moga in the team ahead of some very promising young players and still getting the win is the biggest plus. Then conceding only 6. Then the form of JDB and Hunt. Negatives are Jack Birds defence and some of his brain explosions. Zac Lomax was really poor in the second half.
In those conditions, Macca could get away with being slow as a wet week but in dry conditions, he's way, way off the pace.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Well a win is a win but gee whiz they made it hard. The stats indicate that we completed at 80% Missed 33 tackles instead of the 50 . Lawrie ran for 200m + that's the 2nd time this season he is finally learning to run lower to the ground. I do like the look of Burns he ran for 119m , Sua for 116m, JDB 110m, Sims was wonderful 147m even McGuire ran for 121m so with stats like that you win games. But we need to improve greatly against the Cowboys next week to be a chance of winning. Should be a bumper crowd next Sunday at Kogarah once again so I suggest Sloan will be recalled Sullivan will get more game time.
Did not watch. Who were our best other than Jack and Benny.
There you have it:).
In the backs Hunt was excellent and Amone good. Other than that, no one stood out in my opinion.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Just for god sake, don't pick Mybe in the centres! And do something about Jack Birds on line defence!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
There you have it:).
In the backs Hunt was excellent and Amone good. Other than that, no one stood out in my opinion.
I thought our defence was very good and our forwards laid the platform credit where credit is due holding even a weakened seagulls to 1 try deserves recognition especially when you consider they scored 80 odd points in the previous 2 wins against the Storm and Knights. I have always said defence wins games.