jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Max Feagai cut and heading back to the NSW Cup. Mbye to start at centre. God have mercy on the St George Illawarra Dragons and their madman coach. I'd prefer Josh McGuire to start at centre than Mbye.
The only evening up thing about this must win game is they are now missing Croker their hooker JT their best forward and Davey their prop. I rate Hunt above Cherry picker and with the home ground advantage we should get away with this one

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The only evening up thing about this must win game is they are now missing Croker their hooker JT their best forward and Davey their prop. I rate Hunt above Cherry picker and with the home ground advantage we should get away with this one
We need to as if not we drop even further down the slippery dip to oblivion for yet another season.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Max Feagai cut
So Max was in the initial 17 was he? Suli has a high grade syndesmosis injury. Whatever that is. Likely his last match for us unless by a big turnaround we make the finals. The big Tongan international has been massive for us in recent weeks. Now if you want to compare the actual impact difference between Suli and Mbye. A no match.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
We need to as if not we drop even further down the slippery dip to oblivion for yet another season.
We can't make the 8 without Suli in the centres he has been one of our best all season . For runs and run metres he makes the top 13 out of 427 odd players. A big big loss which I'm afraid try as he may Mbye can't match his figures or work rate

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
So Max was in the initial 17 was he? Suli has a high grade syndesmosis injury. Whatever that is. Likely his last match for us unless by a big turnaround we make the finals. The big Tongan international has been massive for us in recent weeks. Now if you want to compare the actual impact difference between Suli and Mbye. A no match.
Max was in the extended squad, not in the 17.

Eric

Staff
How about player ratings? Here is the template:
  1. Cody Ramsey -
  2. Mathew Feagai -
  3. Moses Mbye -
  4. Zac Lomax -
  5. Tautau Moga -
  6. Talatau Amone -
  7. Ben Hunt -
  8. Jack de Belin -
  9. Andrew McCullough -
  10. Blake Lawrie -
  11. Billy Burns -
  12. Jayden Su'A -
  13. Jack Bird -
  14. Jayden Sullivan -
  15. Tariq Sims -
  16. Francis Molo -
  17. Josh McGuire -

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Cody Ramsey - N/A
  2. Mathew Feagai - 6
  3. Moses Mbye - 6
  4. Zac Lomax -6
  5. Tautau Moga - 5
  6. Talatau Amone - 7
  7. Ben Hunt - 9
  8. Jack de Belin - 8
  9. Andrew McCullough - 7
  10. Blake Lawrie - 9
  11. Billy Burns - 8
  12. Jayden Su'A - 8
  13. Jack Bird - 6
  14. Jayden Sullivan - N/A
  15. Tariq Sims - 8
  16. Francis Molo - 7
  17. Josh McGuire - 7

Eric

Staff
  1. Cody Ramsey - off early injured
  2. Mathew Feagai - 5 quiet
  3. Moses Mbye - 6 solid. Few mistakes. Hardly had the defence worried at any point.
  4. Zac Lomax - 5 Good defence and hard running in the first half. In the second half it all went wrong.
  5. Tautau Moga - 5 Same as Mbye
  6. Talatau Amone - 7 Unfortunately didn't really trouble with his running game but passed, kicked well, better in defence.
  7. Ben Hunt - 9 Controlled the game, scored two tries, the first a good solo try.
  8. Jack de Belin - 9 In my view, the teams best. Tackled maybe even better than usual. Smashed Marty Tapau twice, stepped right passed him and ran for another 10m when Tapau tried to return the favour. Made good metres almost every carry. Played his role as a middle link man.
  9. Andrew McCullough - 7 Tackled everything that moves but attack is non-existent. Some will point out he made a few good runs. IMO a faster hooker would have run right through a few times. Manly forwards were on the back foot most of the game.
  10. Blake Lawrie - 9 What has happened to this guy? Just behind JDB and just ahead of Hunt in my view.
  11. Billy Burns - 8 This guy is growing on me! Better than Su'A.
  12. Jayden Su'A - 7 Didn't put a foot wrong. I could give him an 8 but I thought Burns was just a bit better.
  13. Jack Bird - 5 The 3 or 4 or 5 mistakes weren't good but as was pointed out in the Live Game chat, his online defence...... seriously bad!
  14. Jayden Sullivan - Didn't play long enough to be rated.
  15. Tariq Sims - 8 Really good game in attack and defence.
  16. Francis Molo - 6 Solid
  17. Josh McGuire - 7 A little more than solid but a little less than really good.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Cody Ramsey - off early injured
  2. Mathew Feagai - 5 quiet
  3. Moses Mbye - 6 solid. Few mistakes. Hardly had the defence worried at any point.
  4. Zac Lomax - 5 Good defence and hard running in the first half. In the second half it all went wrong.
  5. Tautau Moga - 5 Same as Mbye
  6. Talatau Amone - 7 Unfortunately didn't really trouble with his running game but passed, kicked well, better in defence.
  7. Ben Hunt - 9 Controlled the game, scored two tries, the first a good solo try.
  8. Jack de Belin - 9 In my view, the teams best. Tackled maybe even better than usual. Smashed Marty Tapau twice, stepped right passed him and ran for another 10m when Tapau tried to return the favour. Made good metres almost every carry. Played his role as a middle link man.
  9. Andrew McCullough - 7 Tackled everything that moves but attack is non-existent. Some will point out he made a few good runs. IMO a faster hooker would have run right through a few times. Manly forwards were on the back foot most of the game.
  10. Blake Lawrie - 9 What has happened to this guy? Just behind JDB and just ahead of Hunt in my view.
  11. Billy Burns - 8 This guy is growing on me! Better than Su'A.
  12. Jayden Su'A - 7 Didn't put a foot wrong. I could give him an 8 but I thought Burns was just a bit better.
  13. Jack Bird - 5 The 3 or 4 or 5 mistakes weren't good but as was pointed out in the Live Game chat, his online defence...... seriously bad!
  14. Jayden Sullivan - Didn't play long enough to be rated.
  15. Tariq Sims - 8 Really good game in attack and defence.
  16. Francis Molo - 6 Solid
  17. Josh McGuire - 7 A little more than solid but a little less than really good.
Maybe I should have rated JDB 9 as well, after reading that. Making metres is Lawrie's job. Making metres is only a relatively small part of JDB's job but Lawrie also had a few offloads. No, if I were choosing 3-2-1, it'd be Lawrie 3, Hunt 2, JDB 1 but nothing between the three of them.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Block cracks his second 200m game for the season. Give the bloke the carries and he'll deliver. I keep saying this. Jack another 100 but his tackle count drops when he plays prop. Big metres also for Sims and Sua.
Talatau Amone - 7 Unfortunately didn't really trouble with his running game but passed, kicked well, better in defence.
Eric Eric We all agree Junior at 5/8 is a work in progress. If he did all those aspects of his game satisfactorily then he is progressing nicely. His running game is natural to him.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Did I read that JDB is a distinct chance for a Kangaroo spot. That my friends is music to my ears. Seems Mal has been taking close notice of the way the man has been tearing it up for us this year. No player deserves to play for his country more than Jack.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
How about player ratings? Here is the template:
  1. Cody Ramsey -
  2. Mathew Feagai -
  3. Moses Mbye -
  4. Zac Lomax -
  5. Tautau Moga -
  6. Talatau Amone -
  7. Ben Hunt -
  8. Jack de Belin -
  9. Andrew McCullough -
  10. Blake Lawrie -
  11. Billy Burns -
  12. Jayden Su'A -
  13. Jack Bird -
  14. Jayden Sullivan -
  15. Tariq Sims -
  16. Francis Molo -
  17. Josh McGuire -
I will post my report card after I watch the full replay Eric Eric.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Did I read that JDB is a distinct chance for a Kangaroo spot. That my friends is music to my ears. Seems Mal has been taking close notice of the way the man has been playing this year. No player deserves it more.
Personally I haven't heard that but he absolutely deserves it. Mal probably hates the idea but being the coward he is, wants to make up for his ultra aggressive stance regarding standing de Belin down.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Making metres is only a relatively small part of JDB's job
Yes when he plays lock. But even when he is one of the bookends he still fills in as a receiver to get our attack moving. So usually he has less running metres as a result.
Lawrie also had a few offloads
That is the main part of his game we have been waiting for him to produce.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yes when he plays lock. But even when he is one of the bookends he still gets into receiver to get our attack moving. So usually less running metres.

That is the main part of his game we have been waiting for him to produce.
Lawrie needed to work on a few things. Still has to but recently he has proved he's going in the right direction. The offload is a big one. Perhaps the same can't be said of Bird.