10. Blake Lawrie - 9
  11. Billy Burns - 6
  12. Jayden Su'A -
  13. Jack Bird - 6
  14. Jayden Sullivan -
  15. Tariq Sims - 8
  16. Francis Molo - 6
  17. Josh McGuire - 6

Certainly not a spectacle as the forwards dominated the middle while the outside backs were starved of the leather. I counted four touches by Zac Lomax in the second half.. and two of those was when he went into dummy half looking for some involvement. Lawie, JDB and Sims were the pick of the pack while Macca actually got out of first gear in the early stages then reverted to his usual snail pace work. Our skipper was his usual busy self. We all know Benny has a top shelf running and kicking game, but he also has a bottom shelf passing game. So often play breaks down due to a poor pass or his indecision with ball in hand. Bird is like a broken down Durocell battery. He tries to be in everything but invariably mucks it up. His defense has improved, tho it must be said he was out in the centres where he can pick his man. Junior's all round game is on the improve but he needs to work on more commitment with his front on defense.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Certainly not a spectacle as most of the play was in the centre with the outside backs rarely having ball in hand. Our forwards were strong led by Blake Lawrie, JDB and Tariq Sims. I find it disappointing that we are letting him go yet keeping Bird and Macca. Speaking of the latter he actually got out of first gear in the early stages then reverted to his usual snail pace work. Benny has a top shelf running and kicking game, but a bottom shelf passing game. So often play breaks down due a poor pass or his indecision. Bird is like a broken down Durocell battery. He tries to be in everything but invariably mucks it up. Junior needs to work on his front on defense.
If Sims was the same age as Bird, any coach would half a brain would massively prioritize him over Bird. So Griffin probably wouldn't. I think Melbourne have a good buy for the one year deal. I would have wanted the Dragons to offer him one more year but not more than that.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Certainly not a spectacle as the forwards dominated the middle while the outside backs were starved of the leather. I counted four touches by Zac Lomax in the second half.. and two those was when he went into dummy half looking for some ball. Lawie, JDB and Sims were the pick of the pack while Macca actually got out of first gear in the early stages then reverted to his usual snail pace work. Our skipper was his usual busy self. We all know Benny has a top shelf running and kicking game, but he also has a bottom shelf passing game. So often play breaks down due a poor pass or his indecision with ball in hand. Bird is like a broken down Durocell battery. He tries to be in everything but invariably mucks it up. His defense has improved tho it must be said he was out in the centres where he can pick his man. Junior's all round game is on the improve but he needs to work on committing more in his front on defense.
A bit harsh on Hunt I think that he has been outstanding for us. In regards to his passing game the dragons don't structure well in attack and the opposition target Hunt knowing he is currently our only playmaker. In attack we don't have bodies in motion and I can count on 1 hand the times we have run a line outside back in therefore his passing is predictable and can be seen as poor.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Certainly not a spectacle as the forwards dominated the middle while the outside backs were starved of the leather. I counted four touches by Zac Lomax in the second half.. and two those was when he went into dummy half looking for some ball. Lawie, JDB and Sims were the pick of the pack while Macca actually got out of first gear in the early stages then reverted to his usual snail pace work. Our skipper was his usual busy self. We all know Benny has a top shelf running and kicking game, but he also has a bottom shelf passing game. So often play breaks down due a poor pass or his indecision with ball in hand. Bird is like a broken down Durocell battery. He tries to be in everything but invariably mucks it up. His defense has improved tho it must be said he was out in the centres where he can pick his man. Junior's all round game is on the improve but he needs to work on committing more in his front on defense.
The problem with Macca is that I think that was his top gear. I know it's hypothetical but I think a hooker with a bit more speed would have had a field-day in that first half in particular.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
A bit harsh on Hunt. In attack we don't have bodies in motion
We had plenty of bodies in motion today. Everyone in the engine room wanted his hands on the ball. Yes I am harsh on the skipper's passing game as he lacks skill and we lose structure. So often he turns the ball back inside rather than feed the backs with ball in space. Yes he needs help.. but his halves partner is still in nappies with his play making.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
We had plenty of bodies in motion today. Everyone in the engine room wanted his hands on the ball. Yes I am harsh on the skipper's passing game as he lacks skill and we lose structure. So often he turns the ball back inside rather than feed the backs with ball in space. Yes he needs help.. but his halves partner is still in nappies with his play making.
He needs to be fully toilet trained very soon.

Eric

Staff
Certainly not a spectacle as the forwards dominated the middle while the outside backs were starved of the leather. I counted four touches by Zac Lomax in the second half.. and two of those was when he went into dummy half looking for some involvement. Lawie, JDB and Sims were the pick of the pack while Macca actually got out of first gear in the early stages then reverted to his usual snail pace work. Our skipper was his usual busy self. We all know Benny has a top shelf running and kicking game, but he also has a bottom shelf passing game. So often play breaks down due to a poor pass or his indecision with ball in hand. Bird is like a broken down Durocell battery. He tries to be in everything but invariably mucks it up. His defense has improved, tho it must be said he was out in the centres where he can pick his man. Junior's all round game is on the improve but he needs to work on more commitment with his front on defense.
Difficult weather conditions to be a great spectacle but the forward battle was good. Agree completely via Bird. As jodragon40 jodragon40 pointed out
He was dangerous with the ball he had 10 hit ups for 90m 6 tackle busts and a try assist so he was more involved on the edge which we needed. Defence wasn't as good as per usual but overall it was an improvement
he certainly has promise with ball in hand. Last night was trying to do too much and was screwing up as a result. And his defence is unacceptable! I can hardly believe the coach hasn't pulled him aside and told him to fix or he'll be fixing it in the NSW Cup yet Griffin must not have as his defence has been poor to ridiculous all year!

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Bird's biggest problem, other than the one I have mentioned is he does not know which position he is playing as Griffin moves him around like a chess piece. He has played centre, 5/8 now back row. For mine his best position is back row so for goodness sake leave him there and he may actually start to settle and play like a forward and not a back.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Bird's biggest problem, other than the one I have mentioned is he does not know which position he is playing as Griffin moves him around like a chess piece. He has played centre, 5/8 now back row. For mine his best position is back row so for goodness sake leave him there and he may actually start to settle, be more productive and play like a forward and not a back.
Reckon he'd be a much better interchange utility than Mbye.