Round 21: Dragons vs Penrith Panthers - 28 July @ 2PM

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
We're coming off a heart stopping win against the Broncos, keeping our finals hopes alive. The club, coaches & players are reminding fans at every opportunity finals footy is the goal this season. They're desperate to taste some September footy & so am I!!!

In our path for finals glory is the mighty Penrith Panthers, it'll be a big game on a hopefully rainy Sunday arvo at WIN. I say rain because Panthers have an issue with wet weather footy & it suits our power game a bit more.

Cleary will return & they'll go to another level with him in the team. We've already beaten them once this season, can we do it again?

Flanno will have the lads fired up, fresh off a bye. Who makes way for Hunt & Lomax? Any other changes

Outs: Bird, Sloan, Eisenhuth
Ins: Lomax, Hunt, RFM

My Team:

1. Lomax
2. CT
3. Suli
4. Feagai
5. Rava
6. Flanno
7. Hunt
8. Molo
9. Liddle
10. Sele
11. Su'a
12. RFM
13. JDB

14. Marschke
15. BMM
16. T. Couchman
17. Leilua

18. R. Couchman

Dragons by 6pts
MOM: Su'a

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
We're coming off a heart stopping win against the Broncos, keeping our finals hopes alive. The club, coaches & players are reminding fans at every opportunity finals footy is the goal this season. They're desperate to taste some September footy & so am I!!!

In our path for finals glory is the mighty Penrith Panthers, it'll be a big game on a hopefully rainy Sunday arvo at WIN. I say rain because Panthers have an issue with wet weather footy & it suits our power game a bit more.

Cleary will return & they'll go to another level with him in the team. We've already beaten them once this season, can we do it again?

Flanno will have the lads fired up, fresh off a bye. Who makes way for Hunt & Lomax? Any other changes

Outs: Bird, Sloan, Eisenhuth
Ins: Lomax, Hunt, RFM

My Team:

1. Lomax
2. CT
3. Suli
4. Feagai
5. Rava
6. Flanno
7. Hunt
8. Molo
9. Liddle
10. Sele
11. Su'a
12. RFM
13. JDB

14. Marschke
15. BMM
16. T. Couchman
17. Leilua

18. R. Couchman

Dragons by 6pts
MOM: Su'a
Ryan Couchman > BMM

I understand the thinking of Zac at fullback but I think we need at least one fast runner. Even though CT scored 3 tries, I liked Rava's tough carries on Sat. So I'd replace CT with Zac.

Also dropping Lawrie? I'd drop Sele first. Also Bird in for Marschke.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ryan Couchman > BMM

I understand the thinking of Zac at fullback but I think we need at least one fast runner. Even though CT scored 3 tries, I liked Rava's tough carries on Sat. So I'd replace CT with Zac.

Like BMM bench impact, I thought Sele had a great game & Lawrie is injured. Worried about Cleary exposing Sloans defensive positioning & goal line defence.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Like BMM bench impact, I thought Sele had a great game & Lawrie is injured. Worried about Cleary exposing Sloans defensive positioning & goal line defence.
Agree but Ryan Couchman has more impact. BMM might be bigger I think Toby is running for more metres than Molo as well.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ryan Couchman > BMM

But Flanno won't pick Ryan so not much use talking about it. Frank Molo ran for only 86m and missed 6 tackles against the Broncos.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Am I the only person who sees the problem with Kyle Flanno? I'd have Bird at 5/8.

Hunt needs someone to help him out with organisation & game management, that's not Bird's style of play. Also Kyle provides another kicking option while with Bird it would mean Hunt is only our sole kicker. I don't think Bird is a good fit with Hunt as halves. I think Bird is good depth now & potentially utility off the bench.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt needs someone to help him out with organisation & game management, that's not Bird's style of play. Also Kyle provides another kicking option while with Bird it would mean Hunt is only our sole kicker. I don't think Bird is a good fit with Hunt as halves. I think Bird is good depth now & potentially utility off the bench.
Kyle hardly ever kicks.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Bye round is kind of boring but the good news is that the guaranteed 2 points will surely see the Dragons in the top 8.

From now we play:
  1. Penrith (lose)
  2. Melbourne (lose)
  3. Canterbury (win)
  4. Gold Coast (win)
  5. Cronulla (win)
  6. Parramatta (win)
  7. Canberra (win)

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Bye round is kind of boring but the good news is that the guaranteed 2 points will surely see the Dragons in the top 8.

From now we play:
  1. Penrith (lose)
  2. Melbourne (lose)
  3. Canterbury (win)
  4. Gold Coast (win)
  5. Cronulla (win)
  6. Parramatta (win)
  7. Canberra (win)
It's between Penrith, Melbourne and the f*cking Rorters anyway. Rest are making up the numbers.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
It's between Penrith, Melbourne and the f*cking Rorters anyway. Rest are making up the numbers.
I don't praise other clubs as a rule but I'll make an exception for Bellamy. They've been without Munster for almost the entire season and cruising to the minor premiership regardless.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
They will be without Edwards but otherwise at full strength. It'll be interesting to see how Sloan goes vs their back up fullback. Except for the halves, I don't think they really have that much on the Dragons. Probably just a bit better right across the ground and much better in the halves.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
They will be without Edwards but otherwise at full strength. It'll be interesting to see how Sloan goes vs their back up fullback. Except for the halves, I don't think they really have that much on the Dragons. Probably just a bit better right across the ground and much better in the halves.

Interesting, we have an odd ability to match them better than a lot of teams. I'm hoping for a close match, we should be the fresher team since we're coming off the bye.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Team Tips: Ben Hunt will be back on deck after missing Round 19 due to Origin, with Jesse Marschke to drop out of the 17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner is a chance of returning from a back injury and will likely push Luciano Leilua back to the bench and Ben Murdoch-Masila out of the side.

No BMM in the side is better but I'd still prefer the first 4 forwards picked were:
  • JDB
  • Su'A
  • Toby Couchman
  • Ryan Couchman

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Team Tips: Ben Hunt will be back on deck after missing Round 19 due to Origin, with Jesse Marschke to drop out of the 17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner is a chance of returning from a back injury and will likely push Luciano Leilua back to the bench and Ben Murdoch-Masila out of the side.

Expect more changes than that, they could even be saved till 24hour update.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Zac Lomax
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Max Feagai
  5. Christian Tuipulotu
  6. Kyle Flanagan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle