11. Luciano Leilua
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Tom Eisenhuth
  14. Hame Sele
  15. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
  16. Ryan Couchman
  17. Blake Lawrie
  18. Lyhkan King-Togia
I'm alright with that.. even though im one of Sloans critics, given the situation, I think he needs to be there, there is no point reinventing the wheel with 6 weeks to go...when Mathew is back we shall see.

LKT into Jersey 18 is intriguing though..

Eric

Staff
I'm alright with that.. even though im one of Sloans critics, given the situation, I think he needs to be there, there is no point reinventing the wheel with 6 weeks to go...when Mathew is back we shall see.

LKT into Jersey 18 is intriguing though..
LKT at #18 is big. Surely it means he's been penciled in for first grade next year. It might also mean Flanno has given up on Blaize Talagi unless he's going to be a centre on centre money.

Good to see Ryan finally in first grade.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Hopefully dropping Sloane will shake him up a bit. An old Wayne Bennett trick. He needs to be more elusive in attack and not submit in tackles at the slightest touch.
If he doesn't fire up now, he probably never will.

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
Bird has been shown the door apparantly, along with Rava. Looks like all in for Holmes. Still I think he should be picked off the bench…

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think Flanno feels like its a calculated risk.. especially against packs like the Panthers and Storm...its not the best roster so if we cant keep up with their big blokes.. the rest wont matter...

I would have loved to see both Couchmans this week, they seem to be able to handle long minutes without getting lazy.. be interested to see if we have the punch we need with 2 of them instead of say a BMM. Lawrie is not rly adding a whole lot unfortunately but it is what it is... apparently even Alex Tuivatake is injured also.. didnt pick that up yesterday.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I think Flanno feels like its a calculated risk.. especially against packs like the Panthers and Storm...its not the best roster so if we cant keep up with their big blokes.. the rest wont matter...

I would have loved to see both Couchmans this week, they seem to be able to handle long minutes without getting lazy.. be interested to see if we have the punch we need with 2 of them instead of say a BMM. Lawrie is not rly adding a whole lot unfortunately but it is what it is... apparently even Alex Tuivatake is injured also.. didnt pick that up yesterday.
I agree that's what Flanno is thinking but I think there is no reason for it. Bird isn't a good backrower or lock but isn't the worst either. Specially if he isn't required to do it for 80min.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

I don't see any reason Storms pack is better. It's just their spine is about 10x better. Wingers are also much better. Also a much better coach. Other than that, they aren't that good at all.

Eric

Staff
LKT getting the FG squad expirence, I expect Thick Mick to be 18th man.
Both should come back and play Cup Sunday. Nick T may be bumped up too.
Finally. Looking forward to Nict T, Buchanan and LKT playing well because we are going to need them next year.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Finally. Looking forward to Nict T, Buchanan and LKT playing well because we are going to need them next year.
Hopefully at least Buchanan and LKT get a chance in first grade before the year is out. I guess after this week, due to the Dragons terrible for and against, we'll be practically out of finals contention.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
o Buchanan is (imo) struggling a little bit at cup yet, like he needs to get some regular games in and get used to the pace (possibly also get him back on the left), I think he has missed a lot through HIA and injury, plus origin too.
o LKT I wouldnt hate if he got a game at the end, maybe off the bench as a utility.
o NickT I am rly keen to see how he goes against blokes the same size as him.. game is televised on Sunday too.
o First grade need to win 4 outta 5 (assuming a storm loss), if we lose to the Dogs too, it would almost be over.. but the first strictly 'must win' will be the Titans @ WIN the week after.