Round 22 v Canberra

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Wanna know what I think of this coach. Sorry, expletives are not allowed.
I guess not to good. Speaking from experience coaching at any level is a tough gig. The old school coaches like Griffin can over value their personal views and opinions of individual players especially when you have a team similar to ours where we are lacking individual abilities in your pack. You need your metre eaters, you need your offloader and you need your defensive brick wall. So you can over coach because old school coaches take the full responsibility and don't necessarily seek advice from their assistant coaches

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I guess not to good. Speaking from experience coaching at any level is a tough gig. The old school coaches like Griffin can over value their personal views and opinions of individual players especially when you have a team similar to ours where we are lacking individual abilities in your pack. You need your metre eaters, you need your offloader and you need your defensive brick wall. So you can over coach because old school coaches take the full responsibility and don't necessarily seek advice from their assistant coaches
If he is unable to bring out the best in individual players he is in the wrong game.

Then the suits need to make sufficient space in our cap to give us those assets.

I see your point but this coach is useless to us if he follows that policy. What then is the point in having assistants if you ignore them.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The bloody well make sufficient space in our cap to give us that.

I see your point but this coach is useless to us if he follows that policy. What then is the point in having assistants if you ignore them.
There isn't therefore you sack them. I really don't know if this particular coach is going to deliver us a competitive team next season will show us if my 25 prediction will come to fruition

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
His name is Talatau Amone. A future long term Dragon, that is, if he does not follow his fellow amigos out the back door.
Sorry that was a touch condescending.
It's OK I'm thick skinned. The kid did well today his avg this season is 5 runs per game today he doubled that took on the line followed his edge forwards and looked every inch a 1st grader who can conjure up the tries playing eyes up footy. It's like Griffin said, ok kid go do your own thing and it nearly paid off. His Achilles heel is defence 4 missed today same as Hunt so 8 between them again which is the season avg.

Eric

Staff
His name is Talatau Amone. A future long term Dragon, that is, if he does not follow his fellow amigos out the back door.
Sorry that was a touch condescending. I may call it a day now.
It's OK I'm thick skinned. The kid did well today his avg this season is 5 runs per game today he doubled that took on the line followed his edge forwards and looked every inch a 1st grader who can conjure up the tries playing eyes up footy. It's like Griffin said, ok kid go do your own thing and it nearly paid off. His Achilles heel is defence 4 missed today same as Hunt so 8 between them again which is the season avg.
Junior was good today. No question but need to see more of it. Mbye got to be on 900K a season by playing one good game every year and every coach has thought, "I can get that out of him every week."

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I thought Mbye, Moga and Feagai were really bad today. Sad to say, but unless they can transition into the forwards, I don't think the Feagai's are going to make it. Too slow for the backs. Ramsey looked good in comparison with the wingers but really, I think if you watch the game carefully, he was good compared to the wingers but still bad.

Then we come to Macca.... Macca, Macca, Macca. I almost feel sorry for him. It's not his fault the coach keeps picking him.

Forwards were pretty much as expected except Blake Lawrie is getting better and better but has to develop an offload to go to the next level in my rankings.

Anyway.
  1. Cody Ramsey - 4
  2. Mathew Feagai - 2
  3. Moses Mbye - 2
  4. Zac Lomax - 5
  5. Tautau Moga - 2
  6. Talatau Amone - 8
  7. Ben Hunt - 6
  8. Jack de Belin - 7
  9. Andrew McCullough - 3
  10. Blake Lawrie - 7
  11. Josh Mcguire - 5
  12. Jaydn Su’A - 5
  13. Jack Bird - 5
  14. Michael Molo - 4
  15. Aaron Woods - 5
  16. Tyrell Fuimaono -
  17. Billy Burns - 6

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Cody Ramsey - 6
  2. Mathew Feagai - 3
  3. Moses Mbye - 3
  4. Zac Lomax - 5
  5. Tautau Moga - 3
  6. Talatau Amone - 8
  7. Ben Hunt - 7
  8. Jack de Belin - 7
  9. Andrew McCullough - 3
  10. Blake Lawrie - 7
  11. Josh Mcguire - 5
  12. Jaydn Su’A - 5
  13. Jack Bird - 4
  14. Michael Molo - 4
  15. Aaron Woods - 4
  16. Tyrell Fuimaono - N/A
  17. Billy Burns - 5

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Cody Ramsey - 5.. where was Sloan. Another kick in the guts for this talented player.
  2. Mathew Feagai - 4- has played better.
  3. Moses Mbye - 4- not his best game
  4. Zac Lomax - 6.. again not sufficient ball to stand out.
  5. Tautau Moga - 3- He is also leaving. Give Ramsay his spot.
  6. Talatau Amone - 8.. We may have seen the future Amone today.
  7. Ben Hunt - 6.. unlikely to add to his Dally M points
  8. Jack de Belin - 8.. typical JDB
  9. Andrew McCullough - 4- typical McC
  10. Blake Lawrie - 8- 'Block' has hit a new level.
  11. Josh Mcguire - 4.. his best was long ago.
  12. Jaydn Su’A - 6- a good future.
  13. Jack Bird - 5- showed a few good touches for a change.
  14. Michael Molo - 5- waste of money.
  15. Aaron Woods - 6- made some good defensive plays.
  16. Tyrell Fuimaono - NA
  17. Billy Burns - 5- Jaiden Hunt in last three games
I was confused between the Molo brothers. My rating was for Francis not Michael. He has been the best of the two imo. So changing his score to 6.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Cody Ramsey - 5.. where was Sloan. Another kick in the guts for this talented player.
  2. Mathew Feagai - 4- has played better.
  3. Moses Mbye - 4- not his best game
  4. Zac Lomax - 6.. again not sufficient ball to make an impact
  5. Tautau Moga - 3- lacks consistency. Give Ramsay his spot.
  6. Talatau Amone - 8.. We may have seen the future Amone today.
  7. Ben Hunt - 6.. unlikely to add to his Dally M points
  8. Jack de Belin - 8.. typical JBD
  9. Andrew McCullough - 4- typical McC
  10. Blake Lawrie - 8- 'Block' has a new lease on life.
  11. Josh Mcguire - 4.. his best was long ago.
  12. Jaydn Su’A - 6- a good future.
  13. Jack Bird - 5- showed a few good touches for a change.
  14. Michael Molo - 5- waste of money.
  15. Aaron Woods - 5- flatter after some good recent form
  16. Tyrell Fuimaono - NA
  17. Billy Burns - 5- Jaiden Hunt in last three games
I'm not so sure about Hunt missing out on at least one Dally M point. No way he deserves it. 2 good kicks (and at least 2 very bad kicks) but pretty bad otherwise. But at this stage they automatically give him 1 or 2 points if it's a close game Dragons lose and 3 points if they win.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
But at this stage they automatically give him 1 or 2 points if it's a close game Dragons lose and 3 points if they win.
Agree. Not saying he does not deserve points occasionally but as you point out he gets em anyway. Win or lose. Therein lies the surprise for me at his leading the DMs.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Agree. He has a charmed career as our skipper and supposed prime organiser behind a mediocre side. Therein lies the surprise for me at his leading the DMs.
I know this coach won't but any coach with just a little sense would surely play Hunt at hooker and give Sullivan a good chance at halfback for the remainder of the season.

If Sullivan blows it, fine, go ahead with the big money offer to Hunt. If Sullivan aces it or does ok, we know Hunt is worth not more than 750K extension for 2 years (remembering he still on over 1mil next season) to play hooker.

Personally, if Sullivan aces it, I wouldn't make Hunt an offer. Put our hopes in Connor Muhleisen or Sam Hooper to being the long-term hooker.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Agree. He has a charmed career as our skipper and supposed prime organiser behind a mediocre side. Therein lies the surprise for me at his leading the DMs.
I know this coach won't but any coach with just a little sense would surely play Hunt at hooker and give Sullivan a good chance at halfback for the remainder of the season.

If Sullivan blows it, fine, go ahead with the big money offer to Hunt. If Sullivan aces it or does ok, we know Hunt is worth not more than 750K extension for 2 years (remembering he still on over 1mil next season) to play hooker.

Personally, if Sullivan aces it, I wouldn't make Hunt an offer. Put our hopes in Connor Muhleisen or Sam Hooper to being the long-term hooker.
My personal opinion is that Hunt cops a lot of unwarranted criticism. He's playing the way the coach tell him to play. Why does Hunt take kick off rather than Lomax? It's because the coach is telling him to. Lomax and Amone in particular are being forced to curtail their skills in order to accommodate Hunt doing so much himself.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
My personal opinion is that Hunt cops a lot of unwarranted criticism. He's playing the way the coach tell him to play. Why does Hunt take kick off rather than Lomax? It's because the coach is telling him to. Lomax and Amone in particular are being forced to curtail their skills in order to accommodate Hunt doing so much himself.
Agree

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Since he became favourite for the Dally M, I think he's gone "above and beyond" a few times in search of personal glory.

Just the feeling I get though generally it's as you say.