Round 23: Dragons vs Canterbury

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I'm just glad Eisenhuth has finally been hooked. Nothing against him but Toby and Ryan Couchman in the 17 will be so much better.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Gee, I hope Hame is ok. We aren't allowed to talk about the vaccines so let's just wonder WTF is going on with Hame. As for the game, poor first half. Some big names did bad things.
Hunt had a few bad mistakes.
Su'A, is he on? Yes, he is. Made a strong tackle in the first set.
Suli hung an arm out. Bellamy would drop him for a week for that.
Blocka...... gives it his all but his all is no longer enough.
Was Eisenhuth hooked? I thought he was doing ok. Not good but his typical game.
Kyle Flanagan..... he's doing ok but like Blocka, his best just isn't enough.
Sloan dropped a few hard passes. Not a big deal but from time to time, he needs to start taking those passes.

Eric

Staff
I was about to lose my mind until that captains challenge. Ref said, "it might have been unintentional". i.e. Bulldogs have no responsibility for ball security." Incredible call!

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Unbelievably. They score off the most obvious dud call all night. Flanno needs to give the refs a blast and cop the fine! Rorters would never have just accepted that 10 years ago and as a result, they don't get these calls now.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I was about to lose my mind until that captains challenge. Ref said, "it might have been unintentional". i.e. Bulldogs have no responsibility for ball security." Incredible call!
And it happened just after this!!!!

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Kyle Flanno on the last gets the ball because Hunt was tackled on the 4th and just panics. Doesn't know what to do. Kicks the ball as hard as he can. That's it. Is that good enough?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Kyle Flanagan 2/10 A typical game from him. Gives his all but it's not enough. Not close to enough.
Jayden Su'A 2/10 one of his best games last week and one of his worst tonight. Why JDB continues to be our best forward.
Max Feagai 2/10 Once again, can't get away with hiding at this level. Need to go looking for work.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
The bulldogs are definitely beatable, and we were dominant for periods tonight (particularly up front where we bashed them), but those 2 early intercepts were a great example of how our night went.. we were dominating... but instead of us going up by 6.. they did.. and for every good set we had.. Burton just kicked them out of it.

We dont have any of the skill they do, we do have bigger bodies that run harder, but as we are finding out, its very hard to do that 2 games in a row.. unfortunately we don't have the smarts to get out of jail when our A-Game doesnt come off.

Hunt was really off from the start, it reminded me how he looked against Penrith, like he was sore and tired and at 80%, and we need him at 95%.. he was shouting at someone in attack at one point also, think it was Kyle and maybe Eisenhuth.. think Kyle was trying to tell him a different structure he was supposed to be doing.. but anyway they were obviously frustrated out there tonight.

Big question now is can we bounce back against the Titans next week, hoping they will be without their 2 best props.. and their defence is nothing like the Dogs.. its not a must-win but it kind of really is with the way we are up and down... we dont want to leave ourselves needing 3from3.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The bulldogs are definitely beatable, and we were dominant for periods tonight (particularly up front where we bashed them), but those 2 early intercepts were a great example of how our night went.. we were dominating... but instead of us going up by 6.. they did.. and for every good set we had.. Burton just kicked them out of it.

We dont have any of the skill they do, we do have bigger bodies that run harder, but as we are finding out, its very hard to do that 2 games in a row.. unfortunately we don't have the smarts to get out of jail when our A-Game doesnt come off.

Hunt was really off from the start, it reminded me how he looked against Penrith, like he was sore and tired and at 80%, and we need him at 95%.. he was shouting at someone in attack at one point also, think it was Kyle and maybe Eisenhuth.. think Kyle was trying to tell him a different structure he was supposed to be doing.. but anyway they were obviously frustrated out there tonight.

Big question now is can we bounce back against the Titans next week, hoping they will be without their 2 best props.. and their defence is nothing like the Dogs.. its not a must-win but it kind of really is with the way we are up and down... we dont want to leave ourselves needing 3from3.
Not only beatable but should be beaten! I've always rated both Couchmans above Eisenhuth and BMM. After tonight if Flanno seriously picks Eisenhuth or RFM again, leaving Ryan and/or Toby out, i surrender to the anti-Flanno faction. I think the chairman is Dousty but maybe for once he is right.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Bugger we lost. I'm off for a few beers at the Hoffenhaus in Munich. I'll have a few sorrowful pints. I still stick to my no semi finals football again this year, we have done well considering what we have . I didn't think we could win but still selected us to win. I did say this team needs to find consistency but we are getting there just not today

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Tyrell Sloan 5/10 Missed a few half chances, took a couple more. Not bad or good.
  2. Zac Lomax 6/10 Typical of him.
  3. Moses Suli 5/10 Missed a bad tackle in the first half.
  4. Max Feagai 4/10 He played. I saw him with one or two carries. Time to give Matt a chance in his place.
  5. Christian Tuipulotu 5/10 typical of him.
  6. Kyle Flanagan 2/10 Once again, no line breaks or assists, no tries or assists. No mistakes either but is that enough? Needs more creativity as halves are supposed to have.
  7. Ben Hunt 3/10 A few good runs and tackles. Several mistakes.
  8. Francis Molo 4/10 He played but I can't really remember him doing anything of note.
  9. Jacob Liddle 5/10 typical of him.
  10. Jack de Belin 7/10 Once again, easily best of the forwards.
  11. Luciano Leilua 6/10 I thought he did ok. Troubled them a bit on the edge.
  12. Jaydn Su’A 3/10 Uncharacteristic.
  13. Tom Eisenhuth 3/10 What is he in the team for? Doesn't trouble them in attack or scare anyone in defence. Only an average work rate.
  14. Hame Sele
  15. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 3/10 Now we know why Bulldogs are paying him to play for us.
  16. Ryan Couchman 6/10 Probably second best after JDB.
  17. Blake Lawrie 4/10 Unfortunately the speed of the game now doesn't suit him.
  18. Mathew Feagai

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I was out last nite. Watta shame going down to the Grubs. Consistency, being able to string two good games together, the reason I maintain Flanagan is not a good coach and we cud have done better..

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Our coach is also a crappy salesman waiting until now to literally knock on Holmes door. Who is aware he is on a cool million next year at the Cowboys, so if we are to land him for '25 there goes a decent hole in our war chest.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Tyrell Sloan 5/10 Missed a few half chances, took a couple more. Not bad or good.
  2. Zac Lomax 6/10 Typical of him.
  3. Moses Suli 5/10 Missed a bad tackle in the first half.
  4. Max Feagai 4/10 He played. I saw him with one or two carries. Time to give Matt a chance in his place.
  5. Christian Tuipulotu 5/10 typical of him.
  6. Kyle Flanagan 2/10 Once again, no line breaks or assists, no tries or assists. No mistakes either but is that enough? Needs more creativity as halves are supposed to have.
  7. Ben Hunt 3/10 A few good runs and tackles. Several mistakes.
  8. Francis Molo 4/10 He played but I can7t really remember him doing anything of note.
  9. Jacob Liddle 5/10 typical of him.
  10. Jack de Belin 7/10 Once again, easily best of the forwards.
  11. Luciano Leilua 6/10 I thought he did ok. Troubled them a bit on the edge.
  12. Jaydn Su’A 3/10 Uncharacteristic.
  13. Tom Eisenhuth 3/10 What is he in the team for? Doesn't trouble them in attack or scare anyone in defence. Only an average work rate.
  14. Hame Sele
  15. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 3/10 Now we know why Bulldogs are paying him to play for us.
  16. Ryan Couchman 6/10 Probably second best after JDB.
  17. Blake Lawrie 4/10 Unfortunately the speed of the game now doesn't suit him.
  18. Mathew Feagai
Will wait till I see the replay for any comment.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg

We were good in parts

We dominated for a lot of the game, and had our chances, but too many mistakes, brain farts like Kyle' pass on the 5th and Zac's 20-40 attempt, and passes that didn't stick. At least we didn't crumble like previous losses.