Round 23: Dragons vs Canterbury

Eric

Staff
Probably gone for the rest of the regular season. How damning is it going to be for (coach) Flanno if the replacement goes well?
I think it's going to be hard for Kyle to come back from this. If he was a big name, he could take it on the chin and move on but to have big names on social media making fun of him....... What will that do to his confidence?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Disappointing second stanza as we blew chances to reduce the lead.

Hunt was horrible, intercept passes, hospital passes, long kicks that gives the returnee a clear no pressure 20m run, inexplicable short drop outs, belt the leather off it sook. He does not inspire and has only one remaining asset, the short kick game, yet we hold onto him like he is gold dust.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Did Crichton complain after the match as I did not see play stopped over this biting incident. But I did miss a short passage, may have happened then

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think it's going to be hard for Kyle to come back from this. If he was a big name, he could take it on the chin and move on but to have big names on social media making fun of him....... What will that do to his confidence?
This might be a blessing in disguise. Flanno was never going to drop him and we were never going to challenge any of the better teams with him. Whoever replaces him might be no better but at this time, there's nothing to lose.

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
Bullgrubs captain Stephen Crichton pushes his face into Kyle’s face and perhaps this has resulted in the blood. I think Kyle has denied biting him…

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Bullgrubs captain Stephen Crichton pushes his face into Kyle’s face and perhaps this has resulted in the blood. I think Kyle has denied biting him…
Video appears to show him closing his mouth around Crighton's nose. Anyway, see if he pleads guilty. That will give us a better indication.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Next weeks team should be:
  1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Zac Lomax
  3. Mat Feagai
  4. Max Feagai
  5. Christian Tuipulotu
  6. Brown
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Jack de Belin
  11. Luciano Leilua
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Toby Couchman

14. Eisenhuth
  15. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
  16. Ryan Couchman
  17. Mike Molo

18. Mathew Feagai
Sorry about Blocka but this is a ruthless business. His game has gone downhill rapidly. Which was predictable. Eisenhuth gets a stay of execution due to Sele being unavailable. Suli and Flanno are almost certainly out.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Here's a bit of trivia for the faithful. Just visited Neuschwestein castle in Bavaria, Germany. It's the castle that Walt Disney used for Disneyland. It was built in the 16th Century by King Ludwig the 2nd. In the Kings Throne room is a 6 x 3 foot painting of , Yes you guessed it, St George dressed in his silver armour, riding his white horse, Lance in hand piercing the fiery dragon. I of course was in the group of 25 foreigner's wearing my Dragons cap and Dragons collared shirt. The guide asked me what my connection was with the painting. Me not wanting to waste an opportunity stated it was my family's coat of arms. A gasp was heard around the room and those true believers ensured free German beer for the rest of the tour. God I love my Dragons 😆

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Here's a bit of trivia for the faithful. Just visited Neuschwestein castle in Bavaria, Germany. It's the castle that Walt Disney used for Disneyland. It was built in the 16th Century by King Ludwig the 2nd. In the Kings Throne room is a 6 x 3 foot painting of , Yes you guessed it, St George dressed in his silver armour, riding his white horse, Lance in hand piercing the fiery dragon. I of course was in the group of 25 foreigner's wearing my Dragons cap and Dragons collared shirt. The guide asked me what my connection was with the painting. Me not wanting to waste an opportunity stated it was my family's coat of arms. A gasp was heard around the room and those true believers ensured free German beer for the rest of the tour. God I love my Dragons 😆
Do we have to call you Sir JoDragon now?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Next weeks team should be:
  1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Zac Lomax
  3. Mat Feagai
  4. Max Feagai
  5. Christian Tuipulotu
  6. Brown
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Jack de Belin
  11. Luciano Leilua
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Toby Couchman

14. Eisenhuth
  15. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
  16. Ryan Couchman
  17. Mike Molo

18. Mathew Feagai
Sorry about Blocka but this is a ruthless business. His game has gone downhill rapidly. Which was predictable. Eisenhuth gets a stay of execution due to Sele being unavailable. Suli and Flanno are almost certainly out.
Sele might be available. He only has the flu.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Phil Rothfield is talking about bad blood between Flanagans and the Bulldogs. Why is that? There should be bad blood because they are a rival but less so than Cronulla and Roosters. Is there bad blood because the Bulldogs didn't offer him a contract? Does coach Flanno care about the team at all or is it all about Kyle?

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
We were too sideways, predictable & slow in attack. We had success going through the middle but reverted moving the ball to the edges with slow ball movement which allowed the bulldogs defence to rush up & stifle our attack. You could make a fair argument that Ben Hunt is the worst 'marquee' player in the comp. We desperately need a genuine no.7, Sexton is off-contract. Get him because Hunt is a 5/8th not a half back.

Eric

Staff
Phil Rothfield is talking about bad blood between Flanagans and the Bulldogs. Why is that? There should be bad blood because they are a rival but less so than Cronulla and Roosters. Is there bad blood because the Bulldogs didn't offer him a contract? Does coach Flanno care about the team at all or is it all about Kyle?
What does "referred straight to the judiciary" actually mean? There is no option for a guilty plea?

Eric

Staff
We were too sideways, predictable & slow in attack. We had success going through the middle but reverted moving the ball to the edges with slow ball movement which allowed the bulldogs defence to rush up & stifle our attack. You could make a fair argument that Ben Hunt is the worst 'marquee' player in the comp. We desperately need a genuine no.7, Sexton is off-contract. Get him because Hunt is a 5/8th not a half back.
Sexton was picked out of Gold Coast reserve grade. These halfbacks exist. Don't need them to bust tackles and score tries. Need them to manage the players around him more than anything. IMO Hunt is excellent when it comes to busting tackles but very poor managing the players around him.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Sexton was picked out of Gold Coast reserve grade. These halfbacks exist. Don't need them to bust tackles and score tries. Need them to manage the players around him more than anything. IMO Hunt is excellent when it comes to busting tackles but very poor managing the players around him.

Spot on mate. I've always been high on Sexton. Halfbacks need to play their role which is what you've posted. Manage the players, having a good & consistent kicking game. Running the ball is a bonus.