16. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Konnect

17. Jack Bird – sponsored by Professionals Padstow

Reserves

18. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

19. Lyhkan King-Togia

20. Mikaele Ravalawa

21. Michael Molo

22. Connor Muhleisen

Couchy twins back on the field together will it be a wet game.
Screenshot_20240808_153559_Chrome.jpg

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Interested to see how Bird goes as 5/8th. He doesn't look like the organising type which is what Hunt needs imo. Also a new defensive edge combo with feagai/bird replacing suli/flanno, I can see the titans targeting that side.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Dragons: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Zac Lomax 3. Mathew Feagai 4. Max Feagai 5. Christian Tuipulotu 6. Kyle Flanagan 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Jack de Belin 11. Luciano Leilua 12. Jaydn Su'A 13. Tom Eisenhuth 14. Toby Couchman 15. Ryan Couchman 16. Blake Lawrie 17. Jack Bird

Pleased to see both the C bros picked. Eisenhuth hanging by a thread. And bring in Nu Brown or King-Togia for Flanagan, please not Bird.

Last edited:

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I would have preferred this to be happening next year re: LKT.... but when I look at a bench of Toby, Ryan, Blake..and maybe RFM.. I mean thats very same-same-same-same.. no impact forward. no utility cover.. if we want 2nd row cover, Ryan would be fine.. Ryan and Toby can go long minutes.. dont really need to run 4 similar sized forwards like that.

So LKT isnt the worst idea, even if he doesnt play tbh... and he covers us for backline injury... also Bird seems to get really tired in 2nd halves in NSW Cup.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I would have preferred this to be happening next year re: LKT.... but when I look at a bench of Toby, Ryan, Blake..and maybe RFM.. I mean thats very same-same-same-same.. no impact forward. no utility cover.. if we want 2nd row cover, Ryan would be fine.. Ryan and Toby can go long minutes.. dont really need to run 4 similar sized forwards like that.

So LKT isnt the worst idea, even if he doesnt play tbh... and he covers us for backline injury... also Bird seems to get really tired in 2nd halves in NSW Cup.
Having Bird and LKT in the team is a good idea. Bring LKT on after about 30min. If he's going ok, leave him on and bring Bird back as a ball playing forward in the second half.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
The club confirmed the LKT debut tomorrow.. even though I dont think hes ready for this stage, I think its an easy inclusion on that bench, pointless having 4 small forwards essentially, 2 Couchies can do extra minutes if needed.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
The club confirmed the LKT debut tomorrow.. even though I dont think hes ready for this stage, I think its an easy inclusion on that bench, pointless having 4 small forwards essentially, 2 Couchies can do extra minutes if needed.
In a perfect world, he'd have the off season to train as the 5/8. Have the trial games and if it was determined he should do a few more weeks in NSW Cup, he'd do that. But events mean he is needed now.