Round 24: Dragons vs Gold Coast Titans - 18 August @ 2PM

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
imo it doesnt really matter whos the best or whatever... this period is basically our finals series.. its sudden death footy (with 1x2nd-chance card left).. there wasnt a whole lot of epic backline movements today, just grit, energy, hard work and wanting it more than our opposition..

I thought Marshke was the smarter bet but wasnt sure of his injury status, and hes gone off after 2m57s in Cup, so thank god we didnt risk him in first grade.. especially as we got the win anyway, and it was those extra effort areas that saved us several times with bird. But you'd have to imagine thats it for Marshke this year.. and Brown didnt play either so hes obviously not 100%.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
imo it doesnt really matter whos the best or whatever... this period is basically our finals series.. its sudden death footy (with 1x2nd-chance card left).. there wasnt a whole lot of epic backline movements today, just grit, energy, hard work and wanting it more than our opposition..

I thought Marshke was the smarter bet but wasnt sure of his injury status, and hes gone off after 2m57s in Cup, so thank god we didnt risk him in first grade.. especially as we got the win anyway, and it was those extra effort areas that saved us several times with bird. But you'd have to imagine thats it for Marshke this year.. and Brown didnt play either so hes obviously not 100%.
Attack in the backs wasn't very good. Couchmans, JDB, Su'A, Leilua punching holes in the middle. But Birds defence was excellent and put in some good kicks as well. Also on hand to take a few offloads and run some decent metres.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
3. JDB
2. Su'A
1. Bird

Flip of a coin between JDB and Su'A. I picked JDB because I'm biased:). Couchmans, Luciano, Hunt, Liddle unlucky to miss out. Feagais defence has improved out of sight but could have helped the forwards out more with carries. Blake was again disappointing. Eisenhuth was ok but when Toby came on for him, instant improvement through the middle.

LKT came on late but didn't miss a beat. Good first game. Next week Blake might be under some pressure from Mike Molo or RFM. Other than that, same 17.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Every time Hunt has a good game those NC scribes overblow his tyres. Dont hear them blasting him when he has a bad game and he has had plenty of those this season.
And one thing I am noting, are our coaching staff too, is that whenever one of Hunt or Kyle are absent the other stands out. So what is that telling us. Tells me that they are not compatible.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Illusion Illusion dont believe all you read mate. ;)
I kg of Blocka is his gut flab so why did Dan Lawson not have him at peak fitness with the flab replaced by muscle in the off season. Not see him man handled like he has been this season. Is adding to his mistake rate no doubt.

Last edited:

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Good attacking 1st half & great defensive 2nd half. Titans can be a lethal attacking team & we defended well to keep them to 16 points considering all their possession in the 2nd half.

Ben Hunt had a great game but he needs to have great games against poor defensive sides. That's why he's getting paid $1mil/yr, he needs to back up against good sides like the Sharks.

Bird played his role well, couchies were amazing along with JDB they gave us a punch from the bench. LKT was okay in limited game time, I wouldn't persist with him off the bench unless Flanno will play him longer minutes. Give that spot to another forward. CT & Liddle were both fantastic too.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Good attacking 1st half & great defensive 2nd half. Titans can be a lethal attacking team & we defended well to keep them to 16 points considering all their possession in the 2nd half.

Ben Hunt had a great game but he needs to have great games against poor defensive sides. That's why he's getting paid $1mil/yr, he needs to back up against good sides like the Sharks.

Bird played his role well, couchies were amazing along with JDB they gave us a punch from the bench. LKT was okay in limited game time, I wouldn't persist with him off the bench unless Flanno will play him longer minutes. Give that spot to another forward. CT & Liddle were both fantastic too.
And considering one try they scored was as lucky as it gets.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Illusion Illusion dont believe all you read mate. ;)
I kg of Blocka is his gut flab so why did Dan Lawson not have him at peak fitness with the flab replaced by muscle in the off season. Not see him man handled like he has been this season. Is adding to his mistake rate no doubt.
There is only so much a trainer can do. And only so much Blake can do. He isn't a good athlete.