Round 24 vs Wests Tigers

Eric

Staff
It's been a long, disappointing season but we are almost at the end.

Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons at CommBank Stadium, 2.00pm AEDT

Dragons team:​

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Jack Bird
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Aaron Woods
  9. Jayden Sullivan
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Josh McGuire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Tyrell Fuimaono
  15. Jaiyden Hunt
  16. Jackson Ford
  17. Tyrell Sloan
  18. Jack Gosiewski
  19. Jonathon Reuben
  20. Poasa Faamausili
  21. Joshua Coric
  22. Josh Kerr

For the life of me, I don't understand why he doesn't pick McGuire as a prop in front of Woods and then Gosiewski, Ford or Burns in their natural position as an edge backrower.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Jack Bird
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Aaron Woods
  9. Jayden Sullivan
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Josh McGuire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Tyrell Fuimaono
  15. Jaiyden Hunt
  16. Jackson Ford
  17. Tyrell Sloan
  18. Jack Gosiewski
  19. Jonathon Reuben
  20. Poasa Faamausili
  21. Joshua Coric
  22. Josh Kerr

For the life of me, I don't understand why he doesn't pick McGuire as a prop in front of Woods and then Gosiewski, Ford or Burns in their natural position as an edge backrower.
Surely you should have been left with no doubt that he would pick Woods against the Tigers? Bird at centre again. I knew Sullivan would start at hooker but gee whiz here's another confused rising star. Sloan off the bench again God knows why . I hope that the coach has actually lost the boardroom

Eric

Staff
Surely you should have been left with no doubt that he would pick Woods against the Tigers? Bird at centre again. I knew Sullivan would start at hooker but gee whiz here's another confused rising star. Sloan off the bench again God knows why . I hope that the coach has actually lost the boardroom
If you are baffled by these bizarre selections, imagine how confused I am.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Jack Bird
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Aaron Woods
  9. Jayden Sullivan
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Josh McGuire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Tyrell Fuimaono
  15. Jaiyden Hunt
  16. Jackson Ford
  17. Tyrell Sloan
  18. Jack Gosiewski
  19. Jonathon Reuben
  20. Poasa Faamausili
  21. Joshua Coric
  22. Josh Kerr

Wouldn't surprise me if the Tigers win.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If you are baffled by these bizarre selections, imagine how confused I am.
I knew Woods would be picked even though his horrible missed tackle allowed Fifita that try. Defensively Woods on the line appears to be in his own world. He doesn't talk to his defensive partners and jogs off the line. He is very much past his best and should be allowed to leave next season

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
They will bounce back but in reality without their cpt they will be rudderless, their props are clueless and ill disciplined. We should beat them.
They are missing a few key players. Two unavailable to the Dragons who would have been certain selections, Mbye and McCullough, probably strengthen the team. Molo, Rava and Suli are losses but should still be able to win. I'll tip the Dragons but I think it'll be close for at least the first 60min.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Jack Bird
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Aaron Woods
  9. Jayden Sullivan
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Josh McGuire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Tyrell Fuimaono
  15. Jaiyden Hunt
  16. Jackson Ford
  17. Tyrell Sloan
  18. Jack Gosiewski
  19. Jonathon Reuben
  20. Poasa Faamausili
  21. Joshua Coric
  22. Josh Kerr

Doesn't Woods need so many games to be resigned ?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yep. You think Melbourne or the Rorters would have recruited Woods? Not in a million years, IMO.
Bellamy would demand better and then drop him in short order if he didn't get better. He hasn't gotten better under Hook all season. Just a few ok games scattered in with the bad.

Good news is that he's apparently on not much money. Might be worth keeping around to help out Coric for example. As so many of the other vets are leaving.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Bellamy would demand better and then drop him in short order if he didn't get better. He hasn't gotten better under Hook all season. Just a few ok games scattered in with the bad.

Good news is that he's apparently on not much money. Might be worth keeping around to help out Coric for example. As so many of the other vets are leaving.
With all due respect, that it nonsense. JDB is a veteran by now. Lawrie is 26 next season. Su'a and Bird have been around several years. It'll still be an oldish pack without Woods.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
With all due respect, that it nonsense. JDB is a veteran by now. Lawrie is 26 next season. Su'a and Bird have been around several years. It'll still be an oldish pack without Woods.
Frank Molo is hardly a rookie as well.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Remember Corey Norman? He was on 900k a year. Woods as far as I know is on less than 200k. It's not a disaster if he stays for one more year. That's all I'm saying.