Round 24 vs Wests Tigers

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Might be worth keeping around to help out Coric for example. As so many of the other vets are leaving.
I agree. As a former Kangaroo he will make an excellent mentor for those juniors. He still has plenty of passion for the game listening to him interviewed before his 250th last week. I hope we extend him, but reckon the Tigers have already invited him home.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Jack will be pleased.

..and word is he wants to finish his career with his spiritual club, the Tigers. Dont blame him if we are paying him a miserable $200K. The man has represented his country.
Represented his country a long time ago. So did Josh McGuire. I think even Macca might have been in the squad a few times.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I agree. Like I say as a former Kangaroo he will make an excellent mentor for those juniors. he still has plenty of passion for the game. I hope we extend him, but fear the Tigers have already invited him home.
Better he left. Not a disaster if he sticks around for 1 more year.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
At least he makes the 17. Has the skills to slot into any spine position imo.
Sullivan is not a hooker. Ran about as often as Macca last week. Plus his defense is as bad as Hunt or Amone.
I'm not so sure about Sloan off the bench. It was as Anasta said on NRL 360. What's he supposed to do coming in on the wing?

I'd definitely have Sullivan at halfback and Hunt at hooker but the coach definitely won't.
Is this his first top game of the season. Big deal two games when he should have played the past two as well.
I was wondering why Jaiyden Hunt couldn't get selected in first grade. Then he did and I knew why he wasn't in before and hasn't been back since. Damaging ball runner and defender...... for about 7~9min before he's completely gassed. Really needs a big off season working on stamina.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I'm not so sure about Sloan off the bench. It was as Anasta said on NRL 360. What's he supposed to do coming in on the wing?

I'd definitely have Sullivan at halfback and Hunt at hooker but the coach definitely won't.

I was wondering why Jaiyden Hunt couldn't get selected in first grade. Then he did and I knew why he wasn't in before and hasn't been back since. Damaging ball runner and defender...... for about 7~9min before he's completely gassed. Really needs a big off season working on stamina.
Coach thinks Hunt is more likely to get 3 Dally M points at halfback and as a result, win the Dally M award and as a result of that, push his price up for his next contract. Who really cares if the team wins now? Coach doesn't. I don't really. Of course I want them to win but I think a loss is more likely to see Griffin sacked so I really don't care win or lose.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Coach thinks Hunt is more likely to get 3 Dally M points at halfback and as a result, win the Dally M award and as a result of that, push his price up for his next contract. Who really cares if the team wins now? Coach doesn't. I don't really. Of course I want them to win but I think a loss is more likely to see Griffin sacked so I really don't care win or lose.
X2

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
At least he makes the 17. Has the skills to slot into any spine position imo.
Sullivan is not a hooker. Ran about as often as Macca last week. Plus his defense is as bad as Hunt or Amone.
What people have to understand is that hooker and halfback are completely different to each other. The defensive mainstay in the ruck is your hooker. In today's fast paced game first and foremost your hooker needs to be solid in defence. Last week’s stats show young Sullivan for his first hit out did a good job. Made 22 tackles missed 3. Made 7 runs for 62m and scored a try. IMO that's a pass. Perhaps he is not a hooker but we lose nothing by having him there and giving him valuable minutes on the field in 1st grade. There is no doubt in my mind his next 2 games will be in that position.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
What people have to understand is that hooker and halfback are completely different to each other. The defensive mainstay in the ruck is your hooker. In today's fast paced game first and foremost your hooker needs to be solid in defence. Last week’s stats show young Sullivan for his first hit out did a good job. Made 22 tackles missed 3. Made 7 runs for 62m and scored a try. IMO that's a pass. Perhaps he is not a hooker but we lose nothing by having him there and giving him valuable minutes on the field in 1st grade. There is no doubt in my mind his next 2 games will be in that position.
This is why we need our old friend, bakings and all (just my view) jodragon40 jodragon40 to be an assistant coach.
I'm seriously wondering where these gurus get their qualifications from.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
This is why we need our old friend, bakings and all (just my view) jodragon40 jodragon40 to be an assistant coach.
I'm seriously wondering where these gurus get their qualifications from.
Most epic failures are among the highly educated. I was in Indonesia and was astonished to see the highly educated Australians thought what was true in Australia was true period.
Not saying that 's the case for JoDragon, it's just an example.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Most epic failures are among the highly educated. I was in Indonesia and was astonished to see the highly educated Australians thought what was true in Australia was true period.
Not saying that 's the case for JoDragon, it's just an example.
Thank god you used the caveat. I made it to year 10 . In 1977 my first full time job started. Had to do a course in 80 so I could get my lifetime job. Highly educated people can be very opinionated and the best school I grew up in were the streets of south western Sydney known back then as the school of hard knocks.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
This may be the game I care least about all season.

On the one hand, the shame of losing to this rabble. On the other lose and surely constable Young will say enough is enough and pull the trigger on this coach.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Bloody Griffin has parachuted Bird into JDBs position. For crying out loud Bird played his best match of season at centre, so Jack had to have believed he'd be back at lock. Baffling selections. Sloan gets a long overdue run on gig but not in his favored position.. on the wing. Hope he goes looking for the ball if he gets starved. His skills are wasted out there. Do reckon Ramsay is a better wing than fullback. Sullivan too is in his wrong position.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
A team of the future finally on. The criticism must have been ringing the coach constantly. Now let's see how the young stars go today. Don't believe in 4 forwards on the bench