Round 26: Warriors vs St George Illawarra

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Also took too long to address the Feagai issue.
That was the most baffling issue for me too. I think he has given BMM and Musgrove Firsts game time as he sees both not returning. God knows who will want the whale but hearing that Musgrove will go to Super League. He'd be a sensation against Pom defences and at home too with his own average defence.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
That was the most baffling issue for me too. I think he has given BMM and Musgrove Firsts game time as he sees both not returning. God knows who will want the whale but hearing that Musgrove will go to Super League. He'd be a sensation against Pom defences and at home too with his own average defence.
Musgrove I feel has been a little hard done by. BMM the opposite.

Red T

SGI Junior League
What was wrong with Conner ? I didn’t think he was too bad ? Anyway, Warriors’ first try—-the six again call ??? The try from the kickoff…I think they claimed he passed it to himself, which is a joke. It would have been the fastest NRL try ever. Party poopers !!! I agree with the call that Sloane did not ground the ball. He did try to pick it up. He is brain dead ! I do not think he can fullback next year…

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
What was wrong with Conner ? I didn’t think he was too bad ? Anyway, Warriors’ first try—-the six again call ??? The try from the kickoff…I think they claimed he passed it to himself, which is a joke. It would have been the fastest NRL try ever. Party poopers !!! I agree with the call that Sloane did not ground the ball. He did try to pick it up. He is brain dead ! I do not think he can fullback next year…
Not too bad but Liddle was sharper out of dummy half. Running and passing. Conner might be a bit better defender.

I actually mentioned that 6 again at halftime. What was it for??? Was 5th tackle and our blokes could hardly get off any faster. Was a clean play the ball. No offside call.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Conner will have another chance next week. He hasn't been bad. Hasn't done enough to be bad. How many times has he run from dummy half?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

SLOAN’S MOMENT OF MADNESS GIVES FLANAGAN AMMUNITION

Incoming coach Shane Flanagan has already made it clear the fullback jersey is up for grabs next season. With that in mind, Tyrell Sloan’s most recent “brain explosion” hasn’t done him any favours, handing the Warriors a crucial try on Friday night.

As the score sat at 10-6, the young gun attempted to scoop up a Shaun Johnson grubber instead of batting it clear or grounding it. Sloan fumbled the ball, which handed prop Addin Fonua-Blake a four-pointer to take the Warriors to a winning lead with only minutes left on the clock.

Speaking in the post-match press conference, interim coach Ryan Carr once again hailed his side’s effort and explained Sloan will learn from the mistake. “It’s a learning thing, you have got to go through them to get through them,” Carr said. “Got that one wrong obviously. I think he was just trying to pick it up and make a play when, what was it 10-6 at the time? “Probably just got to go for a short drop out there... it’s a learning experience for him and it hurt us in the end.”

Commentator Warren Smith wasn’t as eloquent in his assessment of the mistake and Steve Roach was also stunned. “He’s prone to having a brain explosion at times Sloan, trying to pick the ball up… that’s the biggest gift since Luke Brooks was given a BBQ,” Smith said during Fox’s coverage. “Sloan just tried to scoop it up, I can’t understand for the life of me… just put your hand on it, ground it, the coach will be talking to him about that,” Steve Roach said. “Four minutes remaining, now a ten-point lead… they should have had no worse than a dropout there, instead Tyrell Sloan… it’s a real area of his game (to improve), attention to detail,” Smith added.

No NRL fan can doubt Sloan’s talent and at 21, he still has a long career ahead of him. But with Flanagan potentially giving Zac Lomax a chance to compete for the fullback spot and Cody Ramsey likely returning, he has one more game this season to show he is the club’s long-term No.1.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

SLOAN’S MOMENT OF MADNESS GIVES FLANAGAN AMMUNITION

Incoming coach Shane Flanagan has already made it clear the fullback jersey is up for grabs next season. With that in mind, Tyrell Sloan’s most recent “brain explosion” hasn’t done him any favours, handing the Warriors a crucial try on Friday night.

As the score sat at 10-6, the young gun attempted to scoop up a Shaun Johnson grubber instead of batting it clear or grounding it. Sloan fumbled the ball, which handed prop Addin Fonua-Blake a four-pointer to take the Warriors to a winning lead with only minutes left on the clock.

Speaking in the post-match press conference, interim coach Ryan Carr once again hailed his side’s effort and explained Sloan will learn from the mistake. “It’s a learning thing, you have got to go through them to get through them,” Carr said. “Got that one wrong obviously. I think he was just trying to pick it up and make a play when, what was it 10-6 at the time? “Probably just got to go for a short drop out there... it’s a learning experience for him and it hurt us in the end.”

Commentator Warren Smith wasn’t as eloquent in his assessment of the mistake and Steve Roach was also stunned. “He’s prone to having a brain explosion at times Sloan, trying to pick the ball up… that’s the biggest gift since Luke Brooks was given a BBQ,” Smith said during Fox’s coverage. “Sloan just tried to scoop it up, I can’t understand for the life of me… just put your hand on it, ground it, the coach will be talking to him about that,” Steve Roach said. “Four minutes remaining, now a ten-point lead… they should have had no worse than a dropout there, instead Tyrell Sloan… it’s a real area of his game (to improve), attention to detail,” Smith added.

No NRL fan can doubt Sloan’s talent and at 21, he still has a long career ahead of him. But with Flanagan potentially giving Zac Lomax a chance to compete for the fullback spot and Cody Ramsey likely returning, he has one more game this season to show he is the club’s long-term No.1.
Brain explosions like that happen. I think Flanno will be more worried about his defence.