Round 26: Warriors vs St George Illawarra

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
It seems like we are 'jumping off' tackled players as fast as possible or they get '6 again' calls but they can lay all over us and no '6 again calls'

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Way too hard a pass from Liddle and even if Couchman caught it, there were only 4 Warriors forwards waiting for him.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Flanno has a lot of work to do with Sloan. Maybe more than he should be bothered with. Send him on his way.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Did I miss anything? Sounds like Sloan was disappointing again. 18-6 doesn't seem too bad
Finau is an upgrade on Feagai but went off with a sprained ankle after about 20min. Sloan was hardly sighted as opposed to their way less talented fullback who was in everything. Zac missed a bad tackle that led to a try but otherwise was good on the wing for abut 60min. Suli looked dangerous and got at least one clean line break but also wasn't busy.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I have serious concerns about:
  • The first no-try to Lomax. I haven't seen any video of the ball touching CNKs hand. The commentators were talking about Lomax intentionally knocking the ball forward. CNK himself didn't claim he touched the ball. His head went down immediately. He didn't protest to the ref.
  • What was the 6 again on the 5th tackle just before the Warriors scored their first try for?
  • It didn't lead to a try but mid-way through the first half the Warriors were accidentally offside on the last tackle. It was 100% obvious! There was no way the ref and touch judges simply "missed it". The ref ruled a handover rather than a penalty. Is accidentally offside no longer penalised?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Pleased for Finau with his debut, short lived as it turned out.

Crap bunker denies Zac a scintillating start.

Lawrie with a MOM performance, a whopping 177m, 48 tackles.

Do we have our best player JDB back for the final game. Need him to avoid us taking the dreaded spoon.

Low impact games from Hunt, Amone, Sloan, Muhleisen/Liddle. Hard to win games when your spine dont aim up.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Pleased for Finau with his debut, shot lived as it turned out.

Crap bunker denies Zac a scintillating start.

Lawrie with a MOM performance, a whopping 177m, 48 tackles.

Do we have our best player JDB back for the final game. Need him to avoid us taking the dreaded spoon.

Low impact games from Hunt, Amone, Sloan, Muhleisen/Liddle. Hard to win games when your spine dont aim up.
Unfortunately Muhleisen hasn't worked out.
Sloan........ Seriously all the talent in the world but if only he tried to get involved half as much as the Warriors fullback.
That game really highlighted Lawries strength. Not the flashiest prop but has a massive engine for a front rower.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Unfortunately Muhleisen hasn't worked out.
Sloan........ Seriously all the talent in the world but if only he tried to get involved half as much as the Warriors fullback.
That game really highlighted Lawries strength. Not the flashiest prop but has a massive engine for a front rower.
I noticed 3 involvements from Sloan.
  1. He kicked the ball straight over the sideline in the 3rd tackle when we were attacking.
  2. I think it was their fullback who just ran straight through Sloans "tackle" with such ease it was as if Sloan wasn't there. Didn't score or even made a break. Just ran another few metres before being tackled so hardly no one noticed it. I noticed it.
  3. When he gifted them the try late in the game.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Not the flashiest prop but has a massive engine for a front rower.
A Kangaroo smokie?
but if only he tried to get involved
Sloan tries but in my view under Hunt's influence he has been told to stay out of a play making role. The few games he has slotted into first/second receiver the back line has had more spark and the team better go forward. Hoping as part of his rebuilding of Sloan that Flanagan acts on his obvious ball skills in addition to his defensive flaws.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
When he gifted them the try late in the game.
Players with his gifted attacking skills are bound to make the odd telling error. I say we have to back him as new coach Flanagan is obviously doing. He knows a rare gem when he sees one. While defense remains Sloans achilles heel he has improved markedly on those other flaws pointed out by some here, namely bomb defusal intent, clean bomb taking, returning the ball with intent. That tells me the kid has a good work ethic and wants to better himself, which is a good basis for a coach to work with.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
A Kangaroo smokie?
In front of Haas, Tino Faasu*************, Jake Trebojevic, Collins, RCG, Paulo, Fotuaika, Welch? No chance.
Sloan tries but in my view under Hunt's influence he has been told to stay out of a play making role. The few games he has slotted into first/second receiver the back line has had more spark and the team better go forward. Hoping as part of his rebuilding of Sloan that Flanagan acts on his obvious ball skills in addition to his defensive flaws.
I don't think we can blame Hunt one bit for Sloans poor play. Maybe Hunt should be yelling at him during games. Shaming an humiliating him publicly because nothing else seems to be working.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt is the one that should be yelled at and ashamed. He has been close to horrible both on and off the field for the entire season..
I've been critical of Hunt. I think he's a good player but overpaid and overrated and quite arrogant. But he tries most of the time. Yesterday and more often than not, Sloan was just terrible.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Our two disallowed tries may have made a difference.

Since Carr took over we have been more competitive against the top sides. I say we hang onto him.
From what I can see of Carr , my not be the best coach wise , which I think makes up about 50% , but what he does have is the other 50% which is a people manager ...... He has lifted a very average team right across the park to be competitive ....... I for one hope he does stay around and keeps having the same influence as he does now , with Flanno doing the coaching side of it ......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
From what I can see of Carr , my not be the best coach wise , which I think makes up about 50% , but what he does have is the other 50% which is a people manager ...... He has lifted a very average team right across the park to be competitive ....... I for one hope he does stay around and keeps having the same influence as he does now , with Flanno doing the coaching side of it ......
The team has improved significantly sine he took over. Still a few things I don't like. Why does he keep picking BMM? Both Couchman's should be in the 17. Also took too long to address the Feagai issue. I like that he gave Muhleisen a chance.