14. Jacob Liddle
  15. Zane Musgrove
  16. Toby Couchman
  17. Josh Kerr
  18. Michael Molo

19. Jaiyden Hunt
  20. Talatau Amone
  21. Aaron Woods
Still no JDB. Could have really used him against a tough Broncos pack.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Brisbane Broncos vs St George Illawarra Dragons at Suncorp Stadium

Dragons team:​

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Jayden Sullivan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Moses Mbye
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird

14. Jacob Liddle
  15. Zane Musgrove
  16. Toby Couchman
  17. Josh Kerr
  18. Michael Molo

19. Jaiyden Hunt
  20. Talatau Amone
  21. Aaron Woods
Still no JDB. Could have really used him against a tough Broncos pack.
WTF is going on with JDB?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
live on the GC so will be making the trek up to Lang Park. I don't expect a win however in saying that if the ponies take it easily and have already pencilled in the 2 pts who knows. It of course is a big step up from the Titans who most probably won't be featuring in the top 8. Reynolds v Hunt will be integral to our chances of being competitive. The bigger test are the engine rooms. Hass and Carrigan are two of the form forwards. Completion rates will be as important as the missed tackle count. Hopefully the lads will rise to the occasion and make it competitive but that awful try line and red zone defending has me concerned. Also it appears our best defensive forward will be not be again playing. If I was still coaching I'd be running Hass straight at Mbye and Carrigan at Hunt, both missed 5 tackles last week. Anyway the Dragons army will be once again tucked away in the corner here's hoping that we start better than last week otherwise it will again be a long train trip home

Eric

Staff
live on the GC so will be making the trek up to Lang Park. I don't expect a win however in saying that if the ponies take it easily and have already pencilled in the 2 pts who knows. It of course is a big step up from the Titans who most probably won't be featuring in the top 8. Reynolds v Hunt will be integral to our chances of being competitive. The bigger test are the engine rooms. Hass and Carrigan are two of the form forwards. Completion rates will be as important as the missed tackle count. Hopefully the lads will rise to the occasion and make it competitive but that awful try line and red zone defending has me concerned. Also it appears our best defensive forward will be not be again playing. If I was still coaching I'd be running Hass straight at Mbye and Carrigan at Hunt, both missed 5 tackles last week. Anyway the Dragons army will be once again tucked away in the corner here's hoping that we start better than last week otherwise it will again be a long train trip home
Will you be able to make yourself heard over 30 000 of them?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
On paper, a week ago I would have given us a better chance against Brisbane than GC.
You jest, surely? Last week we were playing reserves, this week we are playing 1st grade. Barring injuries and suspensions the ponies are a top 4 team. They now have the ex factor at 1, one of the best rated no.7 who has a sublime short kicking game and 2nd to non game management then on top of that one of the best props in the game. I'm going to support us, I just hope we can be competitive.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
You jest, surely? Last week we were playing reserves, this week we are playing 1st grade. Barring injuries and suspensions the ponies are a top 4 team. They now have the ex factor at 1, one of the best rated no.7 who has a sublime short kicking game and 2nd to non game management then on top of that one of the best props in the game. I'm going to support us, I just hope we can be competitive.
Nope. Look at them on paper. Both 1 very good prop. GC better backrower, 5/8, fullback close. Donkey's have a significant advantage in the centres. 1 very good winger.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Forwards just wilted. Like they are unfit.
If you looked at the Titans stat's against the new favourites for the spoon the Tigers those stat's were pretty poor, they ran for 300m less than the Tigers, missed 47 tackles, made 9 errors but still won. They were just as poor against us. Failed to find touch twice from penalties, kicked the ball out on the full. Their play maker was playing injured and their 7 wasn't up to it. Against us they had the same completion rate, 13 errors and ran for 500m less than us. I believe that Holbrook will be the first coach to be shown the door.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Gold CoastBrisbaneBetter player
  1. AJ Brimson
  2. Alofiana Khan-Pereira
  3. Phillip Sami
  4. Aaron Schoupp
  5. Jojo Fifta
  6. Kieran Foran
  7. Tanah Boyd
  8. Jamil Joliffe
  9. Sam Verrills
  10. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
  11. David Fifita
  12. Joe Stimson
  13. Isaac Liu
  14. Jayden Campbell
  15. Erin Clark
  16. Jo Vuna
  17. Moeaki Fotuaika
  1. Reece Walsh
  2. Corey Oates
  3. Kotoni Staggs
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Selwyn Cobbo
  6. Ezra Mam
  7. Adam Reynolds
  8. Corey Jensen
  9. Billy Walters
  10. Payne Haas
  11. Kurt Capewell
  12. Jordan Riki
  13. Patrick Carrigan
  14. Cory Paix
  15. Keenan Palasia
  16. Thomas Flegler
  17. Martin Taupau
  1. Close but GC
  2. Brisbane
  3. Brisbane
  4. Brisbane
  5. Brisbane
  6. GC
  7. Brisbane
  8. Even
  9. GC
  10. Even
  11. GC
  12. Even
  13. Brisbane
  14. GC
  15. Even
  16. Brisbane
  17. GC
Justin HolebrookKevin WaltersEven
Gold Coast 6Brisbane 7Even 4
for jodragon40 jodragon40

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Gold CoastBrisbaneBetter player
  1. AJ Brimson
  2. Alofiana Khan-Pereira
  3. Phillip Sami
  4. Aaron Schoupp
  5. Jojo Fifta
  6. Kieran Foran
  7. Tanah Boyd
  8. Jamil Joliffe
  9. Sam Verrills
  10. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
  11. David Fifita
  12. Joe Stimson
  13. Isaac Liu
  14. Jayden Campbell
  15. Erin Clark
  16. Jo Vuna
  17. Moeaki Fotuaika
  1. Reece Walsh
  2. Corey Oates
  3. Kotoni Staggs
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Selwyn Cobbo
  6. Ezra Mam
  7. Adam Reynolds
  8. Corey Jensen
  9. Billy Walters
  10. Payne Haas
  11. Kurt Capewell
  12. Jordan Riki
  13. Patrick Carrigan
  14. Cory Paix
  15. Keenan Palasia
  16. Thomas Flegler
  17. Martin Taupau
  1. Close but GC
  2. Brisbane
  3. Brisbane
  4. Brisbane
  5. Brisbane
  6. GC
  7. Brisbane
  8. Even
  9. GC
  10. Even
  11. GC
  12. Even
  13. Brisbane
  14. GC
  15. Even
  16. Brisbane
  17. GC
Justin HolebrookKevin WaltersEven
Gold Coast 6Brisbane 7Even 4
for jodragon40 jodragon40
Wow, in my opinion 1- 5 Broncos, 7 "Bronco's, 10 - 13 Broncos, 15 - 17 Broncos. So 13 Broncos - 4 Titans. Fifita v Capewell, 1 has achieved nothing the other is a premiership winner.

So let me get this correct in your opinion the Titans are nearly equal to the Broncos based on your player ratings. So, I believe the Broncos barring injuries and suspensions will finish in the top 4, so under your ratings system Titans finish 6th - 8th would that be right?

Under my player ratings the Titans will finish around about 12th. Will be interesting to look back at this post come September. In saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion. But this is a good issue to discuss player ratings especially after we started a post on rating the Dragons players after round 1 on a 3, 2, 1 points basis and half if not more didn't give Hunt the 3 points interestingly.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Wow, in my opinion 1- 5 Broncos, 7 "Bronco's, 10 - 13 Broncos, 15 - 17 Broncos. So 13 Broncos - 4 Titans. Fifita v Capewell, 1 has achieved nothing the other is a premiership winner.

So let me get this correct in your opinion the Titans are nearly equal to the Broncos based on your player ratings. So, I believe the Broncos barring injuries and suspensions will finish in the top 4, so under your ratings system Titans finish 6th - 8th would that be right?

Under my player ratings the Titans will finish around about 12th. Will be interesting to look back at this post come September. In saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion. But this is a good issue to discuss player ratings especially after we started a post on rating the Dragons players after round 1 on a 3, 2, 1 points basis and half if not more didn't give Hunt the 3 points interestingly.
Well, if you want to go there, most of those Broncos players have won nothing but a wooden spoon. Most have never played a finals game. Titans have multiple premiership winners in their team.

In my estimation Broncos are a fringe top 8 team and so are the Titans.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well, if you want to go there, most of those Broncos players have won nothing but a wooden spoon. Most have never played a finals game. Titans have multiple premiership winners in their team.

In my estimation Broncos are a fringe top 8 team and so are the Titans.
OK we will see as the season unfolds. Good luck

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Carrigan probably out for the Broncos. That makes it even for Dragons missing JDB.

Last edited: