Round 4: St George Illawara vs Parramatta

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well the stats tell the story once again 1 forward ran for 100m plus . Bird once again was just too poor in defence this week missed 8 tackles tops our missed tackle count. Lawrie won't be playing next week so that will mean Molo and Woods start against the Rabbitohs Burgess off the bench. Tonight when the game was lost Hunt showed very little leadership on field and the rest followed his example. The pundits said we would only win 1 of our first 7 games and they may be proved right. We have the Rabbitohs then Knights then the Anzac Day clash against the Roosters. I thought our game plan in the 2nd half didn't change even though we were playing without luck with the 1st Parra try in the 2nd half you really need contingency plans and we don't at the moment and that's a measure of the coaching staff. As individuals some tried hard as a team we threw it in when things went against us. That is not a good sign of not only the team but what the club culture at the moment is. Until we realise that our engine room needs to be set goals, I.e. 4 x 100m plus, 6 missed tackles a game etc then unfortunately we will struggle once again to play semi finals football. Allowing 84 points to be scored against us in the last 2 games cannot be allowed to continue

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Well the stats tell the story once again 1 forward ran for 100m plus . Bird once again was just too poor in defence this week missed 8 tackles tops our missed tackle count. Lawrie won't be playing next week so that will mean Molo and Woods start against the Rabbitohs Burgess off the bench. Tonight when the game was lost Hunt showed very little leadership on field and the rest followed his example. The pundits said we would only win 1 of our first 7 games and they may be proved right. We have the Rabbitohs then Knights then the Anzac Day clash against the Roosters. I thought our game plan in the 2nd half didn't change even though we were playing without luck with the 1st Parra try in the 2nd half you really need contingency plans and we don't at the moment and that's a measure of the coaching staff. As individuals some tried hard as a team we threw it in when things went against us. That is not a good sign of not only the team but what the club culture at the moment is. Until we realise that our engine room needs to be set goals, I.e. 4 x 100m plus, 6 missed tackles a game etc then unfortunately we will struggle once again to play semi finals football. Allowing 84 points to be scored against us in the last 2 games cannot be allowed to continue
Why won't Lawrie be playing? Injured? I didn't watch the last 3 min.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The team was so much better when Woods and Molo were on.

Eric

Staff
The outside backs weren't bad but I noticed the lack of speed. If Mitchell Moses were in the Dragons team, he'd probably be the fastest player on the team.
Assuming Lawrie is out, I hope next weeks team is:
  1. Ramsey
  2. Feagai
  3. Suli
  4. Lomax
  5. Ravalawa
  6. Mbye
  7. Hunt
  8. Woods
  9. McCullough
  10. Molo
  11. Sims
  12. Su'A
  13. JDB
14. Bird
15. Amone
16. Gosiewski
17. Burgess

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The outside backs weren't bad but I noticed the lack of speed. If Mitchell Moses were in the Dragons team, he'd probably be the fastest player on the team.
Assuming Lawrie is out, I hope next weeks team is:
  1. Ramsey
  2. Feagai
  3. Suli
  4. Lomax
  5. Ravalawa
  6. Mbye
  7. Hunt
  8. Woods
  9. McCullough
  10. Molo
  11. Sims
  12. Su'A
  13. JDB
14. Bird
15. Amone
16. Gosiewski
17. Burgess
I personally wouldn't be keeping Sloan out of the team. I hope he has learnt his lesson that nobody is safe. Feigai was good but for me Ramsay back. I'd be having a quiet word with Lomax that he needs to take on the line and be more selective with his flick pass to Rav. So he has to decide early ball to Rav, use his step or use the flick. I noticed the Eels were waiting for the flick all night. Amone back, if not he will start Bird again but Bird is not fit enough to take on the extra defensive duties at 5/8. Mbye to me is more effective from the bench against a tiring forwards pack use him to replace McCullough when the time is right. Last night there were a few experimental options happening and that's all they should be never to be repeated. The coach needs to swallow his pride and stick his hand up and say he was wrong but early on in the season is the right time to tinker but more importantly learn by your mistakes. Next up Rabbitohs another big pack so time to lick our wounds and reset. Interesting to see the team selected by an under pressure coaching group.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The team was so much better when Woods and Molo were on.
Molo was our best forward last night but only ran 98m Sims 102m the rest of the pack well goodness gracious unless they realise that they need to start running hard and more importantly combining with each other we will be fighting for the dreaded spoon. The one time they did combine led to a beautiful try.