Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
As far as picking players out of position, he's been doing it all year. Last round it just became stupid!

14. ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Last week’s ranking: 9th (down five spots)
After a promising start to the season, the Dragons look to have panicked in shaking up their spine for their 48-14 loss to the Eels. Moving Moses Mbye from hooker to fullback, switching Jack Bird from lock to five-eighth and dropping young guns Tyrell Sloan and Talatau Amone wreaked of throwing away the combinations the Dragons had worked all pre-season to cement. Sloan and Amone are young and will take time to develop with some growing pains, but they are much better options in their preferred positions than pulling other players out of their own spots in the team. The Dragons lost their way in defence against the Eels which could be partly down to players playing out of position and not understanding their roles in the new defensive structures.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
As far as picking players out of position, he's been doing it all year. Last round it just became stupid!

14. ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Last week’s ranking: 9th (down five spots)
After a promising start to the season, the Dragons look to have panicked in shaking up their spine for their 48-14 loss to the Eels. Moving Moses Mbye from hooker to fullback, switching Jack Bird from lock to five-eighth and dropping young guns Tyrell Sloan and Talatau Amone wreaked of throwing away the combinations the Dragons had worked all pre-season to cement. Sloan and Amone are young and will take time to develop with some growing pains, but they are much better options in their preferred positions than pulling other players out of their own spots in the team. The Dragons lost their way in defence against the Eels which could be partly down to players playing out of position and not understanding their roles in the new defensive structures.
I was hoping the coach would learn by the mistakes but as I mentioned in another post sometimes they just can't own up

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I was hoping the coach would learn by the mistakes but as I mentioned in another post sometimes they just can't own up
If he does end up starting Bird and Mybe at 5/8 and fullback again, I think it's fair to say he has lost the plot. Even if they have blinders which results in a good win, does anyone believe these two at fullback and 5/8 are going to get us into the finals, let alone premiership contention? Amone and Sloan both had rough nights against the Sharkies. Amone has curiously put his running game away in all 4 games he has played (not counting the 5 min he got last round). But they have both shown tremendous ability last year or this year in other games. If they fire, there is absolutely a chance of playing in the finals and dare I say it, challenging for a premiership.

A few more changes are needed as well. Lawrie has been put back to the bench. A good start. If he doesn't improve, he needs to work on his game in the NSW Cup. He's not going to get bigger but he can learn to pass. Maybe J. Hunt can't pass either but he's big, runs and hits hard. M. Molo can pass, runs hard, tackles hard. His stamina must be quite bad otherwise surely he would have gotten selected before now.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If he does end up starting Bird and Mybe at 5/8 and fullback again, I think it's fair to say he has lost the plot. Even if they have blinders which results in a good win, does anyone believe these two at fullback and 5/8 are going to get us into the finals, let alone premiership contention? Amone and Sloan both had rough nights against the Sharkies. Amone has curiously put his running game away in all 4 games he has played (not counting the 5 min he got last round). But they have both shown tremendous ability last year or this year in other games. If they fire, there is absolutely a chance of playing in the finals and dare I say it, challenging for a premiership.

A few more changes are needed as well. Lawrie has been put back to the bench. A good start. If he doesn't improve, he needs to work on his game in the NSW Cup. He's not going to get bigger but he can learn to pass. Maybe J. Hunt can't pass either but he's big, runs and hits hard. M. Molo can pass, runs hard, tackles hard. His stamina must be quite bad otherwise surely he would have gotten selected before now.
If I were in control I would suggest that both Woods and Burgess would be rotating before round 6