Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Cody Ramsey 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Jayden Sullivan 7. Ben Hunt 8. Blake Lawire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Aaron Woods 11. Jaydn Su’A 12. Tariq Sims 13. Jack de Belin 14. Moses Mbye 15. George Burgess 16. Francis Molo 17. Jack Bird

Analysis: It’s time for St George Illawarra Dragons’ next generation to make their mark. Tyrell Sloan and Cody Ramsey will battle for the No.1 jersey but we’re tipping coach Anthony Griffin to give Sloan the first shot and play Ramsey on the wing. New recruit Moses Suli will join Zac Lomax to form a lethal centre pairing, while the Feagai twins will keep the pressure on Mikaele Ravalawa — and Ramsey — for Round 1 selection. Jayden Sullivan is said to be the first cab off the rank for five-eighth which will see new recruit Moses Mbye become the Red V’s supersub and Talatau Amone unfortauntely drop out of the 17. Ben Hunt returns from a broken arm that wiped him out of the final five games of last season. Griffin will add his recruits Aaron Woods, Jaydn Su’A, George Burgess and Francis Molo to the forward pack and with plans to play Jack Bird as a second-rower he might start the year off the bench. Josh McGuire will be forced to watch on from the sidelines due to a lengthy ban.

Injuries/suspensions: Josh McGuire (suspension, Round 6)

Full squad: Daniel Alvaro (2022), Talatau Amone (2023), Jack Bird (2022), George Burgess (2023), Billy Burns (2022), Jack de Belin (2023, PO 2024), Matthew Feagai (2024), Max Feagai (2024), Poasa Faamausili (2022), Jackson Ford (2022), Tyrell Fuimaono (2023), Jack Gosiewski (2022), Ben Hunt (2023), Josh Kerr (2023), Blake Lawrie (2022), Zac Lomax (2026), Moses Mbye (2023), Andrew McCullough (2023), Josh McGuire (2022), Tautau Moga (2022), Francis Molo (2024), Cody Ramsey (2024), Mikaele Ravalawa (2023 PO 2024), Tariq Sims (2022), Jaydn Su’A (2024), Moses Suli (2024), Jayden Sullivan (2025), Aaron Woods (2022, PO 2023)

Development players: Shalom O’Ofou (2022), Tyrell Sloan (2023)

Putting Sillivan in front of Amone again. This is so consistently reported but so consistently rejected on this forum, I'm thinking Griffin may have leaked it.

Other than that, a pretty good team. I'm glad JDB is No.13 and Bird on the bench. I think it should be a shootout in the trails between Suli, Ramsey and the Feagai's.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Cody Ramsey 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Jayden Sullivan 7. Ben Hunt 8. Blake Lawire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Aaron Woods 11. Jaydn Su’A 12. Tariq Sims 13. Jack de Belin 14. Moses Mbye 15. George Burgess 16. Francis Molo 17. Jack Bird

Analysis: It’s time for St George Illawarra Dragons’ next generation to stake their claim in the NRL. Tyrell Sloan and Cody Ramsey will vie for the No.1 jersey but we think coach Anthony Griffin will give Sloan the first shot and play Ramsey on the wing. New recruit Moses Suli will join Zac Lomax to form a lethal centre pairing, while the Feagai twins will keep the pressure on Mikaele Ravalawa — and Ramsey — for Round 1 selection. Jayden Sullivan is said to be the first cab off the rank for five-eighth which will see new recruit Moses Mbye become the Red V’s supersub and Talatau Amone unfortauntely drop out of the 17. Ben Hunt returns from a broken arm that wiped him out of the final five games of last season. Griffin will add his recruits Aaron Woods, Jaydn Su’A, George Burgess and Francis Molo to the forward pack and with plans to play Jack Bird as a second-rower he might start the year off the bench. Josh McGuire will be forced to watch on from the sidelines due to a lengthy ban.

Full squad: Daniel Alvaro (2022), Talatau Amone (2023), Jack Bird (2022), George Burgess (2023), Billy Burns (2022), Jack de Belin (2023, PO 2024), Matthew Feagai (2024), Max Feagai (2024), Poasa Faamausili (2022), Jackson Ford (2022), Tyrell Fuimaono (2023), Jack Gosiewski (2022), Ben Hunt (2023), Josh Kerr (2023), Blake Lawrie (2022), Zac Lomax (2026), Moses Mbye (2023), Andrew McCullough (2023), Josh McGuire (2022), Tautau Moga (2022), Francis Molo (2024), Cody Ramsey (2024), Mikaele Ravalawa (2023 PO 2024), Tariq Sims (2022), Jaydn Su’A (2024), Moses Suli (2024), Jayden Sullivan (2025), Aaron Woods (2022, PO 2023)

Putting Sillivan in front of Amone again. This is so consistently reported but so consistently rejected on this forum, I'm thinking Griffin may have leaked it.

Other than that, a pretty good team. I'm glad JDB is No.13 and Bird on the bench. I think it should be a shootout in the trails between Suli, Ramsey and the Feagai's.
I'm not sure what Griffin is planning but it seems Mbye, Ramsey or Amone (Sullivan 5/8) is going to start at fullback. Sloan is still on a development deal. He can't play NRL until mid season.

It was widely thought Sloan's deal would be ammended to make him be in the top 30 late last year or before now this year. No sign of it happening.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Analysis: It’s time for St George Illawarra Dragons’ next generation of stars to make their mark. Tyrell Sloan and Cody Ramsey will fight for the No.1 jersey but we’re tipping coach Anthony Griffin to give Sloan the first shot and play Ramsey on the wing. New recruit Moses Suli will join Zac Lomax to form a lethal centre pairing, while the Feagai twins will keep the pressure on Mikaele Ravalawa — and Ramsey — for Round 1 selection. Jayden Sullivan is said to be the first cab off the rank for five-eighth which will see new recruit Moses Mbye become the Red V’s supersub and Talatau Amone unfortauntely drop out of the 17. Ben Hunt returns from a broken arm that wiped him out of the final five games of last season. Griffin will add his recruits Aaron Woods, Jaydn Su’A, George Burgess and Francis Molo to the forward pack and with plans to play Jack Bird as a second-rower he might start the year off the bench. Josh McGuire will be forced to watch on from the sidelines due to a lengthy ban.

Partnering Sullivan with Hunt may be good though long-term, Sullivan halfback and Amone 5/8.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Analysis: It’s time for St George Illawarra Dragons’ new generation to make their mark. Tyrell Sloan and Cody Ramsey will struggle for the fullback jersey but we’re tipping coach Anthony Griffin to give Sloan the first chance with Cody Ramsey on the wing. New recruit Moses Suli will join Zac Lomax to form a very dangerous centre pairing, while the Feagai twins will keep the pressure on Mikaele Ravalawa and Ramsey for first round selection. Jayden Sullivan is said to be the first cab off the rank for five-eighth which will see new recruit Moses Mbye become the Red V’s supersub and Talatau Amone unfortauntely drop out of the 17. Ben Hunt returns from a broken arm that wiped him out of the final five games of last season. Griffin will add his recruits Aaron Woods, Jaydn Su’A, George Burgess and Francis Molo to the forward pack and with plans to play Jack Bird as a second-rower he might start the year off the bench. Josh McGuire will be forced to watch on from the sidelines due to a lengthy ban.

Apart from Sullivan ↔ Amone I think that'll be the team. Though I think Fuimaiono is someone you people overlook to your detriment. Actually, I don't think Bird and Mbye will be on the bench. I think Fuimaiono will be on the bench. Not sure about Burgess and Woods in the 17 and the atart of the season. If we have Lawrie, Woods, Molo and de Belin to play prop in his second stint, maybe we can afford Mbye and Bird on the bench.

If Ramsey isn't fullback, I think one of the Feagai's will force him out of the 17.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Reading the interview with the coach, it seems this is the starting 13 planned for round 1.
1. Sloan
2. Ravalawa
3. Lomax
4. Suli
5. Ramsey
6. Amone
7. Hunt (c)
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Woods
11. Sims
12. Su'A
13. de Belin

The bench is a little more unclear but definitely

14. Bird

After that, who knows? I'm guessing

15. Fuimaono
16. Molo

All 3 of those bench players are capable of playing in the middle so with quicker game I'm going to go for a surprise

17. Jackson Ford

Bench is a little light but as I stated above about the faster game. As long as we have a few big guys for the first 20~30min.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Reading the interview with the coach, it seems this is the starting 13 planned for round 1.
1. Sloan
2. Ravalawa
3. Lomax
4. Suli
5. Ramsey
6. Amone
7. Hunt (c)
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Woods
11. Sims
12. Su'A
13. de Belin

14. Bird

15. Fuimaono
16. Molo

All 3 of those bench players are capable of playing in the middle so with quicker game I'm going to go for a surprise

17. Jackson Ford

Bench is a little light but as I stated above about the faster game. As long as we have a few big guys for the first 20~30min.
3 of the 4 bench players are similar. Small(ish), mobile forwards. I don't hate the idea but I think Hook might go with one more big prop, like Burgess or go the other way with Mbye.

Eric

Staff
3 of the 4 bench players are similar. Small(ish), mobile forwards. I don't hate the idea but I think Hook might go with one more big prop, like Burgess or go the other way with Mbye.
1. Sloan
2. Ravalawa
3. Lomax
4. Suli
5. Ramsey
6. Amone
7. Hunt (c)
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Woods
11. Sims
12. Su'A
13. de Belin

14. Bird

15. Fuimaono
16. Molo

17. Jackson Ford

I reckon he might go with a big prop and Mbye on the bench as well. Fuimaono is best in the middle so with Molo, I don't think Burgess will be in the 17.

Eric

Staff

Analysis
: Captain Ben Hunt is due back from the broken arm that prematurely ended his 2021 campaign in the pre-season. Hooker Andrew McCullough is set to make his return form an ankle injury that cut short his 2021 in the trials. Outside backs Zac Lomax (thumb) and Cody Ramsey (face) are both scheduled to return ahead of the trials. Back-rower Billy Burns is aiming for a comeback in Round 1 after he underwent surgery for a stress fracture in his foot in November. Forward Josh McGuire won’t get a chance until Round 6 at the earliest due to a suspension.

Ben Hunt (broken arm) - pre-season
Zac Lomax (thumb fracture) - pre-season
Cody Ramsey (face) - pre-season
Andrew McCullough (ankle) - trials
Billy Burns (foot) - Round 1.
Josh McGuire (suspension) - Round 6

There will probably be an injury or two by round 6. If not, McGuire might find it hard to get into the 17.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Analysis
: Captain Ben Hunt is due back from the broken arm that prematurely ended his 2021 campaign in the pre-season. Hooker Andrew McCullough is set to make his return form an ankle injury that cut short his 2021 in the trials. Outside backs Zac Lomax (thumb) and Cody Ramsey (face) are both scheduled to return ahead of the trials. Back-rower Billy Burns is aiming for a comeback in Round 1 after he underwent surgery for a stress fracture in his foot in November. Forward Josh McGuire won’t get a chance until Round 6 at the earliest due to a suspension.

Ben Hunt (broken arm) - pre-season
Zac Lomax (thumb fracture) - pre-season
Cody Ramsey (face) - pre-season
Andrew McCullough (ankle) - trials
Billy Burns (foot) - Round 1.
Josh McGuire (suspension) - Round 6

There will probably be an injury or two by round 6. If not, McGuire might find it hard to get into the 17.
I think Mbye will be in the 17 as well. Whether or not he deserves it is another story.

Injury backup for No.9 and every backline position will surely come in handy more often than not.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
1. Sloan
2. Ravalawa
3. Lomax
4. Suli
5. Ramsey
6. Amone
7. Hunt (c)
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Woods
11. Sims
12. Su'A
13. de Belin

14. Bird

15. Fuimaono
16. Molo

17. Jackson Ford

I like the look of this team. Not decided on Mbye or another forward on the bench. Remember Hook specifically nominated that Jack Bird could play in the halves and we know he can play in the centres. Is there any need to 2 utility players on the bench? Nope, I talked myself out of it. Definately another forward rather than Mbye on the bench.

Jackson Ford has been around a while now. If he gets a chance early in the season I hope he can make it count.

Eric

Staff
I like the look of this team. Not decided on Mbye or another forward on the bench. Remember Hook specifically nominated that Jack Bird could play in the halves and we know he can play in the centres. Is there any need to 2 utility players on the bench? Nope, I talked myself out of it. Definitely another forward rather than Mbye on the bench.

Jackson Ford has been around a while now. If he gets a chance early in the season I hope he can make it count.
You convinced me too. I no longer think Mbye will be in the 17 in round 1 if there are no injuries. 2 utility players on the bench is a waste. Billy Burns is big and young. He has a lot of upside. He might get a spot on the bench.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I like the look of this team. Not decided on Mbye or another forward on the bench. Remember Hook specifically nominated that Jack Bird could play in the halves and we know he can play in the centres. Is there any need to 2 utility players on the bench? Nope, I talked myself out of it. Definately another forward rather than Mbye on the bench.

Well, I still think Mbye will be in the 17 for round 1. Bird would come on as middle forward. Mbye injury backup for the backline or hooker. Or just to give McCullough a rest. I know he's an 80min player but getting old now.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
1. Sloan
2. Ravalawa
3. Lomax
4. Suli
5. Ramsey
6. Amone
7. Hunt (c)
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Woods
11. Sims
12. Su'A
13. de Belin

14. Bird

15. Fuimaono
16. Molo

17. Jackson Ford

Ever since the news rules to speed up the game were brought in, I've been a consistent advocate for Jackson Ford. New rules should really suit his game.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Well, I still think Mbye will be in the 17 for round 1. Bird would come on as middle forward. Mbye injury backup for the backline or hooker. Or just to give McCullough a rest. I know he's an 80min player but getting old now.
Unless the plan is to give Macca a rest, can't see why Mbye would be anything more than a depth signing.

Eric

Staff
1. Sloan
2. Ravalawa
3. Lomax
4. Suli
5. Ramsey
6. Amone
7. Hunt (c)
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Woods
11. Sims
12. Su'A
13. de Belin

14. Bird

15. Fuimaono
16. Molo

17. Jackson Ford

This is the wishful thinking of someone who hates St George from News Ltd for the first round.

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS:

1. Tyrell Sloan

2. Mathew Feagai

3. Moses Suli

4. Zac Lomax

5. Mikaele Ravalawa

6. Talatau Amone

7. Ben Hunt

8. Blake Lawrie

9. Andrew McCullough

10. Jack de Belin

11. Jaydn Su’A

12. Tariq Sims

13. Jack Bird

Bench: 14. Moses Mbye/Jayden Sullivan, 15. George Burgess, 16. Aaron Woods, 17. Josh Kerr

FULL SQUAD

Daniel Alvaro, Junior Amone, Jack Bird, George Burgess, Billy Burns, Jack de Belin, Poasa Faamausili, Mat Feagai, Max Feagai, Jackson Ford, Tyrell Fuimaono, Jack Gosiewski, Ben Hunt, Josh Kerr, Blake Lawrie, Zac Lomax, Moses Mbye, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire, Tautau Moga, Francis Molo, Cody Ramsey, Mikaele Ravalawa, Tariq Sims, Tyrell Sloan, Jaydn Su’A, Moses Suli, Jayden Sullivan, Aaron Woods.

Development players: Shalom Oofou, Jonathon Reuben

INJURIES/SUSPENSIONS: Josh McGuire (Round 6)

NOTES: The Dragons upgraded Tyrell Sloan to a full-time contract in January in a sign that the youngster is being groomed to be the club’s fulltime fullback.

Unless Josh Kerr has done something extraordinary over the off season, I can't see him in the 17. As others pointed out above, JDB will start at 13 and Bird on the bench. With Bird on the bench, no room for Mbye. I just think Billy Burns might get the nod over Jackson Ford. I have thought one of the Feagai's would get the nod over Ramsey all off season until I read the interview with Mr Griffin. I then thought Ramsey would get the nod over Sloan at fullback until at least round 10 (with Sloan on a development deal) but now I think Ramsey will on one wing with Ravalawa on the other.

The pressure will be on those two and Suli to keep the Feagai's out.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
This is the wishful thinking of someone who hates Saints from News Ltd for the first round.

DRAGONS:

1. Tyrell Sloan

2. Mathew Feagai

3. Moses Suli

4. Zac Lomax

5. Mikaele Ravalawa

6. Talatau Amone

7. Ben Hunt

8. Blake Lawrie

9. Andrew McCullough

10. Jack de Belin

11. Jaydn Su’A

12. Tariq Sims

13. Jack Bird

Bench: 14. Moses Mbye/Jayden Sullivan, 15. George Burgess, 16. Aaron Woods, 17. Josh Kerr

FULL SQUAD

Daniel Alvaro, Junior Amone, Jack Bird, George Burgess, Billy Burns, Jack de Belin, Poasa Faamausili, Mat Feagai, Max Feagai, Jackson Ford, Tyrell Fuimaono, Jack Gosiewski, Ben Hunt, Josh Kerr, Blake Lawrie, Zac Lomax, Moses Mbye, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire, Tautau Moga, Francis Molo, Cody Ramsey, Mikaele Ravalawa, Tariq Sims, Tyrell Sloan, Jaydn Su’A, Moses Suli, Jayden Sullivan, Aaron Woods.

NOTES: St George Illawarra Dragons upgraded Tyrell Sloan to a full-time contract in January in a sign that the youngster is being groomed to be the club’s fulltime fullback.

Unless Josh Kerr has done something extraordinary over the off season, I can't see him in the 17. As others pointed out above, JDB will start at 13 and Bird on the bench. With Bird on the bench, no room for Mbye. I just think Billy Burns might get the nod over Jackson Ford. I have thought one of the Feagai's would get the nod over Ramsey all off season until I read the interview with Mr Griffin. I then thought Ramsey would get the nod over Sloan at fullback until at least round 10 (with Sloan on a development deal) but now I think Ramsey will on one wing with Ravalawa on the other.

Josh Kerr is like Suli. Needs a rocket on a regular basis. Hunt and McCullough have to yell at him to 'RUN HARD' multiple times a game. Coach needs to threaten to hook him if he doesn't 'RUN HARD'.

He is far too big and mobile to be handled so easily by opposition defence.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
This is the wishful thinking of someone who hates St George from News Ltd for the first round.

1. Tyrell Sloan

2. Mathew Feagai

3. Moses Suli

4. Zac Lomax

5. Mikaele Ravalawa

6. Talatau Amone

7. Ben Hunt

8. Blake Lawrie

9. Andrew McCullough

10. Jack de Belin

11. Jaydn Su’A

12. Tariq Sims

13. Jack Bird

FULL SQUAD

NOTES: St George Illawarra upgraded Tyrell Sloan to a full-time contract in January in a sign that the youngster is being groomed to be the club’s fulltime fullback.

Yeah, not sure how much NRL Josh Kerr will see this year. Jackson Ford can probably cover a number of positions while Burns is only a backrower. So personally if I were to choose one for the bench, it'd be Ford. Burgess might get the nod over both of them.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Josh Kerr is like Suli. Needs a rocket on a regular basis. Hunt and McCullough have to yell at him to 'RUN HARD' multiple times a game. Coach needs to threaten to hook him if he doesn't 'RUN HARD'.

He is far too big and mobile to be handled so easily by opposition defence.
Far too big and mobile to be handled so easily by tacklers unless he simply gave up to the defence, which it seems he does.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
1. Sloan
2. Ravalawa
3. Lomax
4. Suli
5. Ramsey
6. Amone
7. Hunt (c)
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Woods
11. Sims
12. Su'A
13. de Belin

14. Bird

15. Fuimaono
16. Molo

All three of those bench players are capable of playing in the middle so with quicker game I'm going to go for a surprise

17. Jackson Ford

This team is better and far more likely than
This is the wishful thinking of some deluded idiot who hates St George from News Ltd for the first round.

1. Tyrell Sloan

2. Mathew Feagai

3. Moses Suli

4. Zac Lomax

5. Mikaele Ravalawa

6. Talatau Amone

7. Ben Hunt

8. Blake Lawrie

9. Andrew McCullough

10. Jack de Belin

11. Jaydn Su’A

12. Tariq Sims

13. Jack Bird

FULL SQUAD

NOTES: St George Illawarra upgraded Tyrell Sloan to a full-time contract in January in a sign that the youngster is being groomed to be the club’s fulltime fullback.

this team.

My only concern would be the bench being a little light for the former.

I wonder what will happen with McGuire after round 6. Hook obviously has a high opinion of him and some aggression is never out of place.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Analysis: It’s time for St George Illawarra Dragons’ next generation to make their mark. Tyrell Sloan and Cody Ramsey will battle for the No.1 jersey but we’re tipping coach Anthony Griffin to give Sloan the first shot and play Ramsey on the wing. New recruit Moses Suli will join Zac Lomax to form a lethal centre pairing, while the Feagai twins will keep the pressure on Mikaele Ravalawa — and Ramsey — for Round 1 selection. Jayden Sullivan is said to be the first cab off the rank for five-eighth which will see new recruit Moses Mbye become the Red V’s supersub and Talatau Amone unfortauntely drop out of the 17. Ben Hunt returns from a broken arm that wiped him out of the final five games of last season. Griffin will add his recruits Aaron Woods, Jaydn Su’A, George Burgess and Francis Molo to the forward pack and with plans to play Jack Bird as a second-rower he might start the year off the bench. Josh McGuire will be forced to watch on from the sidelines due to a lengthy ban.

Any backup hooker for McCullough