RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Makes sense, personally Sloan straight back in at fullback. I have found that there is no better medicine for a young player touted to be the next big thing than to unexpectedly drop them. Ramsay back on the wing. Starting pack spot on. Mbye back to bench replacing McCullough who will have his work cut out keeping Cook quiet. Be looking forward to the edge battle where this game will be won Sua & Sims v Murray & Arrow in my humble opinion. Sua will lift against his old team. Lawrie has had his last chance .Suli ran for 175m 2nd only to Rav his post tackle metres made our forwards look like teddy bears 75m next was Molo. Suli is coming good. Bird was awful missing every 3rd tackle he made you can't as a team carry players missing every 3rd tackle. You need more JDB who didn't miss a tackle. I once again question openly the coaches use of our best forward JDB only 47 mins for a player who can play the 80, something not right there. Forward hit up well those stats are embarrassing Lawrie 3 for 23m Sims Molo 12 each. You need your forwards consistently making 10 hit ups a game for 100m until then God help us.
I don't think JDB has ever been an 80min player but he has always played way more than 47. Against Penrith he played for over 70min and was awesome. He should be on for the first 30min, get a break and come on for the last 30min.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I don't think JDB has ever been an 80min player but he has always played way more than 47. Against Penrith he played for over 70min and was awesome. He should be on for the first 30min, get a break and come on for the last 30min.
In my view he could play 80 min if asked if you are going to replace him I agree with your assumption

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Agree. If pushed, as he was against Penrith, could give him only an extra 5min break at the end and beginning of the halves.

Eric

Staff
Makes sense, personally Sloan straight back in at fullback. I have found that there is no better medicine for a young player touted to be the next big thing than to unexpectedly drop them. Ramsay back on the wing. Starting pack spot on. Mbye back to bench replacing McCullough who will have his work cut out keeping Cook quiet. Be looking forward to the edge battle where this game will be won Sua & Sims v Murray & Arrow in my humble opinion. Sua will lift against his old team. Lawrie has had his last chance .Suli ran for 175m 2nd only to Rav his post tackle metres made our forwards look like teddy bears 75m next was Molo. Suli is coming good. Bird was awful missing every 3rd tackle he made you can't as a team carry players missing every 3rd tackle. You need more JDB who didn't miss a tackle. I once again question openly the coaches use of our best forward JDB only 47 mins for a player who can play the 80, something not right there. Forward hit up well those stats are embarrassing Lawrie 3 for 23m Sims Molo 12 each. You need your forwards consistently making 10 hit ups a game for 100m until then God help us.
Is Ramsey a better winger than Feagai? Feagai needs to get more involved but from his involvements, he looked strong. Stronger than Ramsey.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Is Ramsey a better winger than Feagai? Feagai needs to get more involved but from his involvements, he looked strong. Stronger than Ramsey.
Yes like the look of Feagai hard to pick between the two Ramsay has had limited opportunities because we favour our right side of Lomax and Rav but we need to develop the left between Suli and his winger

Eric

Staff
Yes like the look of Feagai hard to pick between the two Ramsay has had limited opportunities because we favour our right side of Lomax and Rav but we need to develop the left between Suli and his winger
Specially in light of the form of Zac Lomax so far this year........

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Agree he needs to be more confident and selective hasn't been the same since that thumb injury
The bottom line is, the whole team should be better but the most immediate problem is the forwards. If Griffin doesn't go with a starting pack of Molo, Woods, McCullough, Su'a, Sims, de Belin, it'll be something other than form.

I'd also like Sloan and Amone to come back in. Now they have gotten a kick up the ass by beIng dropped, I expect both will fire up.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The bottom line is, the whole team should be better but the most immediate problem is the forwards. If Griffin doesn't go with a starting pack of Molo, Woods, McCullough, Su'a, Sims, de Belin, it'll be something other than form.

I'd also like Sloan and Amone to come back in. Now they have gotten a kick up the ass by beIng dropped, I expect both will fire up.
Agree

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

One more problem is that last night they looked like a slow team. McCullough has been a really good player but the way his opposite number ran past him last night to score was alarming. Then when Blake scored that runaway try, no one in our team was making up ground chasing. A slow 5/8, one slow centre in Suli and Lomax is hardly JAC. Rava and Feagai both seem on the slow side for wingers. And Mbye is as slow as a wet week for a fullback.

I agree, he has to bring Amone and Sloan back into the starting side. Hopefully they have learned their lesson.

Eric

Staff
One more problem is that last night they looked like a slow team. McCullough has been a really good player but the way his opposite number ran past him last night to score was alarming. Then when Blake scored that runaway try, no one in our team was making up ground chasing. A slow 5/8, one slow centre in Suli and Lomax is hardly JAC. Rava and Feagai both seem on the slow side for wingers. And Mbye is as slow as a wet week for a fullback.

I agree, he has to bring Amone and Sloan back into the starting side. Hopefully they have learned their lesson.
It seems Griffin is going with his old favourites sometimes. I think he's too professional for that but it's the way it sometimes seems to me. Connor Muhleisen is also a tackling machine who also can play 80min who also gives good service out of dummy half. Not sure what his running game is like but it can't be worse than McCullough's. Muhleisen can't come into the side now because he's not in the top 30 but he should be!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It seems Griffin is going with his old favourites sometimes. I think he's too professional for that but it's the way it sometimes seems to me. Connor Muhleisen is also a tackling machine who also can play 80min who also gives good service out of dummy half. Not sure what his running game is like but it can't be worse than McCullough's. Muhleisen can't come into the side now because he's not in the top 30 but he should be!
He is in the development squad so can't play until halfway through the season unfortunately, seems another shining light at the end of a darkening tunnel that we need and you are correct in the game these days is greatly quicker than in mine so you need size speed and stamina in at least 10 of your starting 17 in my view

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
He is in the development squad so can't play until halfway through the season unfortunately, seems another shining light at the end of a darkening tunnel that we need and you are correct in the game these days is greatly quicker than in mine so you need size speed and stamina in at least 10 of your starting 17 in my view
I didn't know he's in the development squad. Good to know. Surely he'll get a chance sooner rather than later. Who else, if anyone might a get a start after round 10 from the development squad? Jackson Shereb? Josh Coric?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

Yep. Agree with everyone else. Amone and Sloan have to come back in. If Hook goes with the forward pack as far as I can see everyone wants, Sloan and Amone won't be under so much defensive pressure. And will have more time to get their running game going!