18. Michael Molo
  19. Tautau Moga
  20. Jaiyden Hunt
  21. Talatau Amone
  22. Jack de Belin
Finally JDB is back!

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
We are a good chance to win this ................................................ If the game goes for 20 min NO LONGER ......................... ;)
After the game, Hook and Hunt will placate us by telling the truth that the Dragons were right in it for 20min.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons team:​

1. Tyrell Sloan- give him more ball
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax- give him more ball
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Jayden Sullivan - needs to keep Amone at bay.
  7. Ben Hunt - lift your game
  8. Francis Molo - needs consistency
  9. Moses Mbye
  10. Blake Lawrie - our best go forward man
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  12. Jaydn Su’A- get him on the edge
  13. Jack Bird
  14. Jacob Liddle - making decisive dummy half runs
  15. Zane Musgrove- more mins
  16. Toby Couchman- ditto
  17. Josh Kerr
  18. Michael Molo
  19. Tautau Moga
  20. Jaiyden Hunt
  21. Talatau Amone
  22. Jack de Belin
Finally JDB is back!
How do my crossed out players keep getting a start. Bewildering. Seems Griffin wants to be sacked rather than reapply.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So same same. As a coach I rarely panicked but surely after 2 x 40 points put on any team as a coach unless you have no other options because of injuries, suspension, availability someone must pay the price for sub standard performances. Surely the statisticians and asst coaches would be acutely aware of who hasn't been pulling their weight. It sends a message to the rest of the squad that as a coach you are not scared to chop anyone for non performance and that includes your best players or cpt. Obviously this is not the present case with our high flying team. It just sends the wrong message that with no changes being made that you accept mediocrity and once you accept that standard there is no coming back as a coach.

Eric

Staff
He doesn't have the stamina to play in the forwards.
Not yet but I would start the process. Not exactly sure how I would do that. Maybe something like start him on the wing, move him into the forwards after 30min and then take him off for a rest after 50min and then the last 10. Something like that.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Moses Suli saying his former Manly team mate Viliami Fifita did not want to come here. Suli admits the same. Do we really want uncommitted guys wearing the famous RedV. This kinda senseless talk is sure to create some division among the players, specially the long termers, as the media will no doubt beat it up ad finitum.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Not yet but I would start the process. Not exactly sure how I would do that. Maybe something like start him on the wing, move him into the forwards after 30min and then take him off for a rest after 50min and then the last 10. Something like that.
That's not exactly how it works. I'll try to clear this up. So you have a big back big enough to play in your pack so how do you determine if you can transform that player. So Rav been playing wing defensively he avg 5.5 tackles last season missing 1.36. He avg 14.57 runs per game avg 138m in 2022. Now compare those figures with a decent backrower I'll use the Souths player Koloamatangi avg tackles 29, missed 1.92, avg 14.72 runs avg 135 run mtrs. So attack stat's similar but it's the defensive stat's that usually kills off the move. So Rav would have to make 5 times more tackles that he does now and that just wears a player out. I'd suggest that he would be tanked after 15 min. Just my experience and views

Eric

Staff
That's not exactly how it works. I'll try to clear this up. So you have a big back big enough to play in your pack so how do you determine if you can transform that player. So Rav been playing wing defensively he avg 5.5 tackles last season missing 1.36. He avg 14.57 runs per game avg 138m in 2022. Now compare those figures with a decent backrower I'll use the Souths player Koloamatangi avg tackles 29, missed 1.92, avg 14.72 runs avg 135 run mtrs. So attack stat's similar but it's the defensive stat's that usually kills off the move. So Rav would have to make 5 times more tackles that he does now and that just wears a player out. I'd suggest that he would be tanked after 15 min. Just my experience and views
Good point. But what is there to lose by giving it a try? He's on the books for this year and next, he's bigger than most backrowers, he runs as hard as any. Is fast for a backrower but too slow for a good winger. Maybe he could recondition himself to play in the backrow. It's been done before. Ben Creagh actually started out on the wing, didn't he?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
So Rav been playing wing defensively he avg 5.5 tackles last season missing 1.36.
Add the defensive lapses when he leaves his wing and is too late on his man which creates an overlap leading inevitably either to large metre gains or a try. Three last match. The big guy is a liability. Either he is sacked or moved inside. He can handle the pack, has a big engine. If not then we have to let him go.
Jack Bostock
Yeh one we let slip our net. Cant keep em all and we have several good young three quarters coming thru.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Moses Suli saying his former Manly team mate Viliami Fifita did not want to come here. Suli admits the same. Do we really want uncommitted guys wearing the famous RedV.
This kinda senseless talk is sure to create some division among the players, specially the long termers.Those vultures in the media have already started the beat up and will continue to run with its controversy ad finitum.

Last edited: