Round 5 vs Dolphins

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Yes. He said his better half is working and happy in the Gong and he's going to try hard to get an extension.
Now Benny will arrange for a higher paying job for her bugger 😅. Hopefully Su'a may be aware who the new coach will be. There would be conversations in the background going on between player managers and someone in the board.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It's time for Junior to deliver. He has a chance to show he belongs and Sully's form has been good considering he's playing behind that forward pack.

The Dragons are set to welcome back Junior Amone and Jack De Belin into their starting side according to The Illawarra Mercury. Jayden Sullivan has reportedly suffered a minor shoulder injury, making way for Amone who will appear for the first time in 2023. The five-eighth was subject to the NRL’s no-fault stand down policy in pre-season for his part in an alleged hammer attack before his charges were downgraded, meaning he fell below the NRL’s threshold and became free to play. Meanwhile, De Belin returns from a calf injury.
Shows you how badly he is needed. Usually he would have come back through Ressies. He will add that defensive starch when he comes on. Personally I would start him even if he only lasts 15 min just to take the sting out of the Dolphins pack. Then bring him back on again at the beginning of the 2nd half. I'm hoping that we can get 40 min out of him today.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
S'ua season stats are good but not terrific, runs 100m average, good wide impact, creating second phase play and almost 90% affective defense. He does play the full 80 so the coaches prob need to be getting more out of him in all assets if he wants to earn that extension and keep wolf Bennett at bay..

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
S'ua deserves an extention going on his season stats. Running 100m each game, good wide impact, off loading for second phase play and almost 90% affective defense.
Did he run 100m last week? I'm not completely sold on him. I wonder of the plan is to play the Couchman's in the middle or on an edge. People say they are better in the middle but a choice is a nice option.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
S'ua deserves an extention going on his season stats. Running 100m each game, good wide impact, off loading for second phase play and almost 90% affective defense.
Last season stat's were avg 13 runs for avg 121m and 3 tackle breaks. Defensively avg 24.72 tackles per game missing about 3. So far this year avg 10 runs avg 103m only 1 line break so very ordinary. Defensively avg 30 tackles missed 3.67 so on par. Nothing though that I would consider as a match breaker just a solid player. Depending on the money he was after would weigh upon me whether to resign him. I'll be looking for a improvement if either of those young ex Manly props get a start later this season and see if we are going forward

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Did he run 100m last week? I'm not completely sold on him. I wonder of the plan is to play the Couchman's in the middle or on an edge. People say they are better in the middle but a choice is a nice option.
Last week 10 runs for 94m

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Last season stat's were avg 13 runs for avg 121m and 3 tackle breaks. Defensively avg 24.72 tackles per game missing about 3. So far this year avg 10 runs avg 103m only 1 line break so very ordinary. Defensively avg 30 tackles missed 3.67 so on par. Nothing though that I would consider as a match breaker just a solid player. Depending on the money he was after would weigh upon me whether to resign him. I'll be looking for a improvement if either of those young ex Manly props get a start later this season and see if we are going forward
That's how I feel about him. A good, solid player but hardly a game breaker. It would come down to how much money he wants.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Guys how can anyone shine and show how good they are , when the coach plays a boring style of football with no defence or attack , and always on the back foot ......

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Guys how can anyone shine and show how good they are , when the coach plays a boring style of football with no defence or attack , and always on the back foot ......
Agree I said in another forum that I'd be interested to see how the team goes with a new coach, one or both of those young props we got from Manly later in the season. Griffin is just holding on to his job playing high completion rates with no real attacking structures because the pack is going backwards. In the last 2 floggings combined we have run for 1000m less than the opposition and that you cannot do at this or any level of football.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
They look built more for speed than being bash artists, so I have them on the edge to create some havoc.. No idea of their physical stats as out useless website has nothing listed in their profiles.

If Jack is back he has to play in the position he made his own, before Griffin came here.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
because the pack is going backwards
Doesn't drongo Griffin look at forward stats before determining who starts in Firsts and who does not.
Griffin is just holding on to his job playing high completion rates with no real attacking structures
To be brutally honest we have not had a good attacking structure since he came here, even before when Hunt never reached any decent level of play making. If you watch, much of our attack comes from smart individual plays, rarely do we see any full flowing back line movements. I long to see those again by my RedV.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Doesn't drongo Griffin look at forward stats before determining who starts in Firsts and who does not.

To be brutally honest we have not had a good attacking structure since he came here, even before when Hunt never reached any decent level of play making. If you watch, much of our attack comes from smart individual plays, rarely do we see any full flowing back line movements. I long to see those again from my RedV.
We haven't got the backline for sweeping moves unfortunately it's mostly individuals making a break in saying that if we can get the engine room working with more than 2 cylinders perhaps Sloan will be able to insert himself somewhere in the backline

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

Ben Murdoch-Masila​

How does this dud keep making the side? He averages 59m per game! Musgrove who has been dropped to Ressies averages over 100m, tackles and breaks the line more, while M Molo would have him for breakfast. Dead set I think Griffin is trying to fast track his demise. Having to reapply for the position is his final humiliation.. we hope. Excuse the bulky text.​

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
One of our Manly prop imports is making his debut, Fifita is on the Ressies bench. Have preferred his mate. Tuitamake (sp) debuted as he has not said publicly he never wanted to come here.