Round 5 vs Dolphins

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Mostly agree. Good playmaking 1/2 is better than a good running half but if the good running half has a good playmaking 5/8, shouldn't be a problem.

I'm probably wrong but it really seems to me, Griffin told Amone to go away from his natural running game and become a playmaker to suit Hunt.
I think you have that spot on. A conspiracy between two bananalanders. imo Amone has the ability to be both a good running and play making 5/8 but over time when he matures. Yet can we afford to wait that long and keep losing games, confidence and the ability to attract top tier players. We need a good young organizer now. Other clubs are bringing thru their young play makers.
Perhaps we can all agree both Hunt and Amone could be better playmakers and the forwards could consistently be giving them more space to be good playmakers. The entire team and coach is to blame for the performances over the last 2 years and 5 rounds.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The entire team and coach is to blame for the performances over the last 2 years and 5 rounds.
Yes but we cant just paper over the cracks of this and pretend it did not happen then make things worse by doing nothing about it. We can not afford to follow mediocrity with more mediocrity.

Eric

Staff
Perhaps we can all agree both Hunt and Amone could be better playmakers and the forwards could consistently be giving them more space to be good playmakers. The entire team and coach is to blame for the performances over the last 2 years and 5 rounds.
Yes but we cant just paper over the cracks of this and pretend it did not happen then make things worse by doing nothing about it. We can not afford to follow mediocrity with more mediocrity.
+ Hunt is on the big money. With that, it comes with extra responsibility.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If I have said it once I have said it a thousand times it wouldn't matter if we had the Kangaroo backline in our team until you have an engine room working on more than 2 or 3 cylinders your wasting your money and time.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
If I have said it once I have said it a thousand times it wouldn't matter if we had the Kangaroo backline in our team until you have an engine room working on more than 2 or 3 cylinders your wasting your money and time.
It's just a question of whether the halves and outside backs should be doing more. I don't know what the answer is personally. I can only say the while team should be better.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It's just a question of whether the halves and outside backs should be doing more. I don't know what the answer is personally. I can only say the while team should be better.
In the 2 games that we have managed to win if you watch the replays and look at the stat's we completed our sets above 80% and ran for more metres especially in the engine room. RL is not a difficult game if you are consistently making the advantage line thus giving your playmakers time to get to your attacking structures or alternatively being able to play eyes up football and 2nd phase play then you are a good chance of winning that game. The acronym that I used in coaching to myself was KISS. (Keep it simple stupid).

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
In the 2 games that we have managed to win if you watch the replays and look at the stat's we completed our sets above 80% and ran for more metres especially in the engine room. RL is not a difficult game if you are consistently making the advantage line thus giving your playmakers time to get to your attacking structures or alternatively being able to play eyes up football and 2nd phase play then you are a good chance of winning that game. The acronym that I used in coaching to myself was KISS. (Keep it simple stupid).
I don't have coaching experience but I do have technical experience in a field. I figured out very early that if I need to study to get it to work, there is no way I should expect people with much less training to make it work. Seems like the same principle.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I don't have coaching experience but I do have technical experience in a field. I figured out very early that if I need to study to get it to work, there is no way I should expect people with much less training to make it work. Seems like the same principle.
Difference is that you need those less trained people to train up to enable your game plans and structures to actually work.