Round 5 vs Dolphins

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Amones play making is improving.

Sloan can make something out of nothing. They are special players. Had a magic last five with that blistering run and a try saver almost on the siren. His defense is improving and was safe under the hi ball too.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So we have beaten the Titans and an understrength Dolphins. I mentioned in another post before the season started that I expected to be on 12 pts by round 12 so we are on target for that result and to be out of contention for semi finals football again this season. The stat's for yesterday showed that 4 forwards ran for the 100m led by Lawrie on 154m, in saying that about Lawrie he is a coaches dream for finding that toiler, that workhorse in your engine room but he is not the forward who is going to win you a crunch match like say Hass. MM had his best game for us, Molo was good . Suli was very good, obviously a bit embarrassed about the leaked interview ran for 198m and Hunt well he ran the ball and was outstanding . There is something not quite right with Lomax, to me it's something personal he just seems outside the inner circle, and not comfortable in his new position. Rav was back to the Rav of old. I liked what I saw of young Couchman he is a keeper moving into the future. JDB sparked a lot of the edge 2nd phase plays, he looked very fit to me, we have missed him. We had all the ball in the 2nd half and with that breeze behind us we were never going to lose that game. We had 56% of the ball completed at 86% and obviously ran for 430m more than they did. We only missed 21 tackles this week compared to 39 against the Sharks. Next week Titans again who are coming off the bye and I'll be in the stands.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Rav was back to the Rav of old
Only one poor defense read, smashed someone when he came inside. I dont mind him leaving his wing if he nails his man. Was strong taking up the ball, good under the bomb too.
Good to see Hunt doing what he does best other than kick a ball, run to the defense.
I noticed that about Lomax too. He was given ball in space twice in last 40 and did not seem to know what to do with it. Probably in shock.
Like Liddle starting with Mbye coming on late. Three major tacklers were Liddle, JDB and Couchman. The youngster is copying Jack and hitting his man low.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
These differ from my Fox stats. Please drop me a link to your stats.
They are on the NRL website. On front page at bottom you will see a football (draw) click on that it opens the round then click on match centre then at top scroll across to player stats then click on dragons and a roll across to what stat's you desire

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Not from want of trying. Note how he sniffs around the dummy half and the ball carrier.
If I was his coach I'd be showing his try over and over and over and tell him that's what you need to do look for the offloads in the centre of the ruck against a tiring opposition forward pack. He was carrying a cork to his thigh but still excellerated through the gap and was confident enough to take on one of the fastest players in the comp. Confidence will be increased by that try.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
What a step and swerve then his blinding speed to the line. It was copybook fullback play. All the past great custodians would have praised that.
If you watch Edwards, Tedesco, to name 2 they are always sniffing or a better description would be supporting the ball carrier through the ruck area. I am yet to see Sloan make consistent runs off a quick play the ball from dummy half like those mentioned which does turn the tide of the set. I would certainly be coaching him to follow Liddles darts from dummy half from about the 20th minute mark of a game when the forwards are tired and awaiting to be replaced. He still has a long way to go but has the ability to do so.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
3. Suli
2. Lawrie
1. JDB
You and GCRV are really hard markers when it comes to Hunt in my opinion and not based on the on field performance. He was a stand out on Saturday and to not score a point from either of you leaves me a bit bemused. He scored a try had a try assist, ran 14 times for 124m made 6 tackle busts 1 line break 1 line break assists made 15 tackles missed only 1 made 10 kicks for 326m. Surely with stat's like that deserves at least 1 point. Compare those stat's with Reynolds and Hunts are better this weekend. Just my humble opinion

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
You and GCRV are really hard markers when it comes to Hunt in my opinion and not based on the on field performance. He was a stand out on Saturday and to not score a point from either of you leaves me a bit bemused. He scored a try had a try assist, ran 14 times for 124m made 6 tackle busts 1 line break 1 line break assists made 15 tackles missed only 1 made 10 kicks for 326m. Surely with stat's like that deserves at least 1 point. Compare those stat's with Reynolds and Hunts are better this weekend. Just my humble opinion
See the Shonkies game and the much vaunted Nicho Hynes? He picked up from where he left off in the first part of the game. Then the Warriors forwards decided to stand up and be counted. And then it went in the opposite direction. Shaun Johnson dominated and the much vaunted Nicho Hynes was rubbish.

Eric

Staff
You've sold me:)
See the Shonkies game and the much vaunted Nicho Hynes? He picked up from where he left off in the first part of the game. Then the Warriors forwards decided to stand up and be counted. And then it went in the opposite direction. Shaun Johnson dominated and the much vaunted Nicho Hynes was rubbish.
Damn, that's also true. Perhaps 3 points might be overly generous but not even one is overly harsh. To that end:
  1. JDB
  2. Hunt
  3. Suli

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
And that's the key the forwards being able to match your forwards and target the play maker of the opposition. It doesn't matter if you have Cleary, Reynolds, Hynes if they are not protected and given the time to get to their attacking structures then that team can be beaten. I personally feel so sorry sometimes for Hunt because of the hopeless pack he has been playing behind for the last 3 seasons.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
And that's the key the forwards being able to match your forwards and target the play maker of the opposition. It doesn't matter if you have Cleary, Reynolds, Hynes if they are not protected and given the time to get to their attacking structures then that team can be beaten. I personally feel so sorry sometimes for Hunt because of the hopeless pack he has been playing behind for the last 3 seasons.
Halves getting all the accolades when the forwards are giving them so much time to run the ball, kick, pass or whatever is one of my pet hates.