Round 5 vs Dolphins

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
some really silly penalties, ill discipline, disorganised in attack. There really isn't that game breaker in our team. Very restricted game plan
So we put 38 points on a form side yet we produced the same disjointed performance. Dolphins musta been abysmal then.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
That's good, middle or on the edge. What other forwards were good in your view.
This is one replay I will enjoy as we forced a lead, built on it and then held it. No late implosion.
Jack De Belin, of course. Also Lawrie. Liddle was good but was off for most of the second half.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Tyrell Sloan (Good in the second half. In fact, excellent in the second half. Needs to get more involved even when the forwards are struggling.)
  2. Mathew Feagai (not good or bad but if he went looking for work more like Penrith wingers, he'd be really good.)
  3. Moses Suli (his best game for the Dragons.)
  4. Zac Lomax (Bounced back from his poor game last week.)
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa (good)
  6. Talatau Amone (I just don't know who is better out of him and Sully.)
  7. Ben Hunt (I like that he isn't trying to do everything himself.)
  8. Francis Molo (quiet)
  9. Moses Mbye (Does Liddle need a rest? I don't know why we need Mbye. Liddle hooker, Bird interchange utility for me.)
  10. Blake Lawrie (excellent)
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila (quiet)
  12. Jaydn Su’A (good until he was forced off.)
  13. Jack Bird (One of his better games.)
  14. Jacob Liddle (I thought he was really good when on.)
  15. Toby Couchman (If Su'a is out, surely he'll be starting in the backrow next week.)
  16. Josh Kerr (typical Kerr game. Not good or bad.)
  17. Jack de Belin (excellent tacking, his passing game offers the team a new dimension in attack, makes metres every time he decides to run.)

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Woke painfully early (insomnia my life long curse) so decided to watch the replay and there is none??? Only 5mins clip. gggrrr.
Blake Lawrie (excellent)
His best last two seasons. Scored another try, becoming a habit now for big Block. My Fox stats (cant decipher NRL player stats https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2023/round-5/dragons-v-dolphins) had him as our only forward to run more than 100m.. another 130m. even JDB missed it.
Jaydn Su’A (good until he was forced off.)
Injured?
Jack de Belin (excellent tacking, his passing game offers the team a new dimension in attack, makes metres every time he decides to run.)

We have missed this badly from our best player. Jack is almost always round the legs so how is he on report for a tackle?
Toby Couchman
Stats show he only had five runs for 49m, yet you said he was impressive. So why are our players with the most impact getting fewer minutes?

So who was our best spine player?

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Talatau Amone (I just don't know who is better out of him and Sully.)
He still has to face court, must be praying on his mind. After he is exonerated we will see the best of Junior wherever he plays. Obviously not as involved last nite but he did pull off a few good plays, namely that grubber for Lomax to score. I think he has better vision than Sully.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
He still has to face court, must be praying on his mind. After he is exonerated we will see the best of Junior wherever he plays. Obviously not as involved last nite but he did pull off a few good plays, namely that grubber for Lomax to score. I think he has better vision than Sully.
At this point, there is nothing between the two.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
We have missed this badly from our best player. Jack is almost always round the legs so how is he on report for a tackle?

Stats show he only had five runs for 49m, yet you said he was impressive. So why are our most impacting players getting so few minutes?

So who was our best spine player?
It was a contentious call. He hit someone, to stop forward momentum, of a player who was already being held. Seemed he hit around the waist and slid down on replay.
Did he only run for 49m? He took the ball to the line and passed often but I still would have thought he's have run further than that.
In the first half, Amone and Sloan were hardly sighted. In the second, Sloan exploded. Made a few clean breaks if my memory serves. Liddle and Hunt were good in the first half. Mbye was on in hooker for most of the second half.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Bullshit ref. Where is the consistency. S'ua put on report for a shoulder charge in first half yet earlier Lawrie hit with a similar one and their culprit was only penalized.

Dragons seemed to click into gear once JDB came on. busy, second -phase, guys hungry for the ball. Good to see.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Just had another Rava special with Bostock almost scoring. Now the big drongo is on report and FO wetting themselves to extend him.

Our outside backs barely had any clean ball, as per usual. No complaints about our defense, specially last 10 of the first half when they threatened our line. Are Bird and Masila-Murdoch ever replaced, seems they play full mins every week.