Round 5 vs Dolphins

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Mixed feelings. Glad Dragons won but if a new team with well known injury problems won, putting them well ahead on the competition ladder, surely they would've pulled the trigger on the coach. As is, I guess he has a few more weeks now.

Eric

Staff
1. Sloan
2. Lawrie
3. Hunt

Why is Suli getting so much love? All he did was run hard against an already exausted defence. Rava also did that but more effectively.
Good question. Rava was menacing. Poor Jack Bostock will have nightmares.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
You and GCRV are really hard markers when it comes to Hunt in my opinion and not based on the on field performance.
You on the other hand idolise Hunt. Add me to that list. Hunt lifted his game but JBD, Block, Suli were better and contributed more to the win as they were also strong in defense. 15 tackles for a half is chicken feed, one try assist, should be at least two per game. He continues to look an amateur with structure and how many hospital passes a game does he and his mate Bird throw.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
You on the other hand idolise Hunt. Add me to that list. Hunt lifted his game but JBD, Block, Suli were better and contributed more to the win as they were also strong in defense. 15 tackles for a half is chicken feed, one try assist, should be at least three each game. He continues to look an amateur with structure and how many hospital passes a game does he and his mate Bird throw.
He's a really good running halfback. Average when it comes to playmaking.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
He's a really good running halfback.
That and kicking is his forte. Still his taking on the line stats this season are moderate at best with 11 halves ahead of him. Cleary for instance has double the number of line engagements of Hunt from the same 4 games.
Average when it comes to playmaking.
I know I keep rattling on about this but play making should have been the prime requisite when we were looking for a half in 2018. We did not then and now need an average play maker. One upside for Ben is his improvement in effective defense over past seasons. Fact is he is missing less tackles this season.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
That and kicking is his forte. Still his taking on the line stats this season are moderate at best with 11 halves ahead of him. Cleary for instance has double the number of line engagements of Hunt from the same 4 games.

I know I keep rattling on about this but play making should have been the prime requisite when we were looking for a half in 2018. We did not then and now need an average play maker. One upside for Ben is his improvement in effective defense over past seasons. Fact is he is missing less tackles this season.
Mostly agree. Good playmaking 1/2 is better than a good running half but if the good running half has a good playmaking 5/8, shouldn't be a problem.

I'm probably wrong but it really seems to me, Griffin told Amone to go away from his natural running game and become a playmaker to suit Hunt.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Mostly agree. Good playmaking 1/2 is better than a good running half but if the good running half has a good playmaking 5/8, shouldn't be a problem.

I'm probably wrong but it really seems to me, Griffin told Amone to go away from his natural running game and become a playmaker to suit Hunt.
I think you have that spot on. A conspiracy between two bananalanders. imo Amone has the ability to be both a good running and play making 5/8 but over time when he matures. Yet can we afford to wait that long and keep losing games, confidence and the ability to attract top tier players. We need a good young organizer now. Other clubs are bringing thru their young play makers.

Last edited: