State of Origin 2024

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
That is where he should have played when he joined us. But figure he'd have knocked it back as hookers were paid under what halves were, even back then.
Flanno should be looking fora halfback fro next year now!!! Hunt = Liddle hooker combo until 2026 when Kyan Hjaltason takes over as the main hooker with a utility able to give him a rest for around 15min a game.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Possession shows how poorly Blues executed their plays. Had 52%/48% overall, an even bigger 54%/46% second stanza. This picking the same side to make amends is horseshit. If they play badly in the important first game they are dumped. No if or buts. Blues need their best on the paddock as only chance to have a fair contingent when it comes to picking a Kangaroo side. Am sick of having Canies dominate our national side year after year, decade after decade.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Possession shows how poorly Blues executed their plays. Had 52%/48% overall, an even bigger 54%/46% second stanza. This picking the same side to make amends is horseshit. If they play badly in the important first game they are dumped. No if or buts. Blues need their best on the paddock as only chance to have a fair contingent when it comes to picking a Kangaroo side. Am sick of having Canies dominate our national side year after year, decade after decade.
I don't think you can look too much into team stats. Playing with 12 men for 73min. But those individual stats for Jake Turbo are pathetic. McInnes and Hynes were also poor.

Back 5, apart from Sualihi were very good. Also Payne Haas, Angus Crighton and Liam Martin. Robson was also ok but if they are going to stick with Hynes, more creativity at hooker is a must. That means Korasau.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Playing with 12 men for 73min.
Yep but with all that extra ball we shudda done better. Played more defensively, keep them pinned in their end zone with set restarts in our favor. The extended h/l showed we continually gave them the middle with plenty of missed tackles.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Who was the centre inside Zac. Went missing in action leaving Zac with too much to do for at least two of their early tries that got em away, ditto the edgie , Martin?

Last edited:

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg

ORIGIN I PLAYERS PER CLUB​

6 Cowboys
5 Roosters
4 Panthers, Broncos
3 Sea Eagles, Dragons
2 Storm, Dolphins, Bulldogs, Sharks
1 Eels, Raiders, Titans
0 Wests Tigers, Warriors, Knights

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
NSW team is much better for game 2. JDB is better than Trbojevic but Murray is way better than McInnes, Moses better than Hynes and I think Mitchell is overrated as a fullback but is a very good centre.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I'm going to agree with Flanno just this once. It's good for the club and for future recruitment to have 3 players involved rather than just Hunt.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

Origin 2​

NSW by 16
First try: Latrell Mitchell
MoM: Mitch Moses

I've always thought Mitch Moses was a run halfback. If he was in a gun team like Penriths he'd be up there in the conversation with Cleary as the best. I think he's a way better halfback than Ben Hunt.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Origin 2​

NSW by 16
First try: Latrell Mitchell
MoM: Mitch Moses

I've always thought Mitch Moses was a run halfback. If he was in a gun team like Penriths he'd be up there in the conversation with Cleary as the best. I think he's a way better halfback than Ben Hunt.
NSW by 10
First try: Zachery Lomax
MoM: Zachery Lomax

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
What a half! But I can hardly believe Flanno let Lomax go. And it was Flanno. He went all out to keep Hunt but basically told Lomax, "yeah whatever. See ya."

Eric

Staff
What a half! But I can hardly believe Flanno let Lomax go. And it was Flanno. He went all out to keep Hunt but basically told Lomax, "yeah whatever. See ya."
x2 I've been a big Zac fan for a while. I was blaming his poor form early last year on Griffin nd the way he turned it around after Griffin was kicked out shows I was right.