The Australian Kangaroos.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Jack de Belin (Deserves it but won't get picked. Meniga's brother is in jail for rape and murder. Pretty sure Meninga himself was accused of sexual assault
So if he is picked it will be seen that Mal is being sympathetic to a fellow accused of similar offence?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
And can't tackle. And goes for the big plays which this year have led to mistakes/turnovers far more often than not. Doesn't guide the team around like the best halfbacks.
Have noticed his missed tackle stats. Like I say perhaps the problem is he and Keary play much the same.. Didn't Keary miss much of last season. That may tell a story as to why he is not backing up his first year.

Eric

Staff
So if he is picked it will be seen that Mal is being sympathetic to a fellow accused of similar offence?
I think more like a continued effort by Meninga to sweep his past and that of his family under the carpet. It may also be a directive from the NRL. Can you explain why Sims was picked in the starting team but JDB couldn't even get into the extended reserves given the form both have displayed for the Dragons this year?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I think more like a continued effort by Meninga to sweep his past and that of his family under the carpet. It may also be a directive from the NRL. Can you explain why Sims was picked in the starting team but JDB couldn't even get into the extended reserves given the form both have displayed for the Dragons this year?
Because Fittler is all about picking his mates and de Belin isn't one.

Fittler was on TV almost crying when the news was released that Sims wasn't going to be offered a new deal late last year.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Have noticed his missed tackle stats. Like I say perhaps the problem is he and Keary play much the same.. Didn't Keary miss much of last season. That may tell a story as to why he is not backing up his first year.
You are right Keary was out a lot of last year. Most of the year. I agree they are similar players, but Keary is much better. Though he has also been poor this year.

But we are talking about the Sydney Rorters here. I hope they continue to pick both in the halves.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
It may also be a directive from the NRL.
Jack was exonerated or is it aquitted after being stood down for two seasons even tho he was still innocent until proven guilty.
Gotta admire the way he has bounced back to be now playing, possibly the best footy of his career yet he cant get a look in for Origin which means no chance for a Kangaroo jumper. This is so bloody unfair.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
If only.

Had a blinder on Wed at the back. Teddie can play wing. Hasn't JAC gone off the boil. Seems to be plenty of good wingers not being considered for rep honors.
I'm not 100% sure but I think since Barrett rode off into the sunset, JAC has bounced back in a major way.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Patrick Carrigan
Big wraps on him. Player of the series. I knew little of him up till now. He was on the brink for SOO selection in 2020 so has been around a while. He is 106kg.. perhaps a mite too small for a prop but a big back rower.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The problem is, as far as I know, is that he is so lazy. Won't roll his sleeves up and get into the game. Just chooses his moments and does great things but then isn't sighted for 20min.
See what you mean looking at his stats. Lacking consistency in running metres, line breaks, off loads from game to game. Needs to lift his defense too. His coach should have been giving him a rocket when he gets slack.

Last edited: