The St George Nostalgia Thread

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Is that what you said when you were in England:oops: or after you moved here?
Both but as you are well aware football ⚽️ is this in England and football rugby league is what it is called here. You don't , well I never said I'm going to rugby league on a Saturday morning here in Australia

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Both but as you are well aware football ⚽️ is this in England and football rugby league is what it is called here. You don't , well I never said I'm going to rugby league on a Saturday morning here in Australia
They call that shambles of a game popular outside of NSW and QLD, 'football'(y). But what would I know🤣.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I was just looking through another thread and wondered what happened to this one. I had heard of him but had no idea about him.

Francis Henry Facer (8 August 1919 – 16 January 1978) was an Australian rugby league footballer who played in the 1940s and 1950s at North Sydney and St George. After he retired from playing, he became a noted sports administrator at St George from 1956 until 1978. There he was instrumental in finding and bringing to the club many future stars and played a pivotal role in building a club structure that supported a sustained record of success.

St. George Dragons

Dragons stalwart, 'Snowy' Justice had enticed Facer to join the St George Dragons in 1947 and he played four seasons with the Saints between 1947 and 1950.His only representative appearance was in 1945, when he played for City against Country NSW. Facer retired a year after winning the 1949 Premiership with St George Dragons but it was in club administration that he became famous.

Facer died at the Gloucester House at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Camperdown on 16 January 1978. It was a sad day for the St George club with many people turning up for his funeral at Woronora Crematorium, Sutherland on the 18 January 1978. His wake was held at St George Leagues Club, where press reports of the time stated that over 2000 attended.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Brian Johnson needs to take kicks on the full:mad:
Every fullback does. I wince when I see them allow the ball to bounce as the league ball has a funny habit of not bouncing where you think it will.
Jonno was named the Fullback of the Year for 1980. So he must've improved his bomb taking.

Eric

Staff
Every fullback does. I wince when I see them allow the ball to bounce as the league ball has a funny habit of not bouncing where you think it will.
Jonno was named the Fullback of the Year for 1980. So he must've improved his bomb taking.
So far I haven't seen him drop any bombs but he let the ball bounce from dropouts and kicks in general play several times.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Here is a treat fellars. Jodragon and yours truly were talking about Baths Babes on another thread. Well here they are winning us a grand final after the the first one finished in a draw. The replay tho was our day to savor. One of our best GF wins since our golden era given our lack of experience with our average age just 22/23. Enjoy.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Here is a treat fellars. Jodragon and yours truly were talking about Baths Babes on another thread. Well here they are winning us a grand final after the the first one finished in a draw. The replay tho was our day to savor. One of our best GF wins since our golden era given our lack of experience with our average age just 22/23. Enjoy.
Did you see me?