Top 30 for 2023

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
He has been playing QLD Cup for the Tweed Heads Seagulls played 7 games in a couple of seasons for the Titans. He is a utility back so can play anywhere in the backline. Funnily enough his coach at Tweed is now our assistant coach, just saying
So now we have two Mbye's? Or is it 3 Jack Birds? Because 1 or 2 of them have done us so much good......

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Just have a look at the gains for 2023:
  • Jacob Liddle (Wests Tigers, 2023): Wooden spooners didn't want him and he wasn't in their regular first grade team last year.
  • Nick Lui-Toso (2023): QLD Cup journeyman.
  • Michael Molo (2024): He was of course signed last year but as above.
  • Ben Murdoch-Masila (New Zealand Warriors, 2024): 31 year-old journeyman the second last placed team no longer wanted.
  • Zane Musgrove (Wests Tigers, 2024): Another the wooden spooners didn't want.
  • Paul Turner (Gold Coast Titans, 2024): Who?
So we can thank our General Manager for the mess we are in. His name is Ben Haran this is what he had to say in 2021
The Dragons have a rich history of bringing players through to first grade. With our junior representative teams returning to the districts, there still remains a focus for me as far as how our NRLW, Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup operate and develop players."

Haran credited new Dragons head coach Anthony Griffin ahead of the club's 2021 campaign.

"2021 is going to be a big year at the Dragons due to the changes we have undertaken. There's a lot of things to be excited about as a club as a whole," Haran said.

"Anthony Griffin was a great appointment for us as a club; his experience and understanding of what it takes to bring young players through is undeniable.

So this blokes responsibilities includes Key parts of that for me include recruitment and retention, coaching and athletic performance structures, player well-being and obviously junior development of which I'm very passionate about.

So fast forward 2 seasons and what has he achieved? Especially in the area of junior development.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Just chundered on my corn flakes. How is this bloke worth 700K. How did he get an extension and in which universe is he a play maker. If a chook without a head is a playmaker then so is he. We have picked up Maori half/5/8 Paul Turner for two seasons. Anyone heard of him?
I saw the report but remember the contract negotiations last year when it was well publicised he was re-signing for 500~550k. Even that is serious overs based on his form from last year.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I saw the report but remember the contract negotiations last year when it was well publicised he was re-signing for 500~550k. Even that is serious overs based on his form from last year.
We pay overs for players that can deliver us a premiership. 😏

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Depending on whether or not Ramsey and Amone are still in the top 30 this year, they still have between 2~4 spots to fill. After the latest big addition, one Paul Turner from Gold Coast.
Still? This FO move at the speed of a snail. McCullogh must now be on the board.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Just have a look at the gains for 2023:
  • Jacob Liddle (Wests Tigers, 2023): Wooden spooners didn't want him and he wasn't in their regular first grade team last year.
  • Nick Lui-Toso (2023): QLD Cup journeyman.
  • Michael Molo (2024): He was of course signed last year but as above.
  • Ben Murdoch-Masila (New Zealand Warriors, 2024): 31 year-old journeyman the second last placed team no longer wanted.
  • Zane Musgrove (Wests Tigers, 2024): Another the wooden spooners didn't want.
  • Paul Turner (Gold Coast Titans, 2024): Who?
I have already said I rate M Molo over his brother. As for the other pair I think we may have under estimated them. Liddle added spark to a dummy half role made static by Macca while Musgrove's impact and involvement showed me he is certainly first grade material. One game does not make a summer, but if these two show consistency we can expect a better go forward this season.. that translates to more points.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I have already said I rate M Molo over his brother. As for the other pair I think we may have under estimated them. Liddle added spark to a dummy half role made static by Macca while Musgrove's impact and involvement showed me he is certainly first grade material. One game does not make a summer, but if these two show consistency we can expect a better go forward this season.. that translates to more points.
Liddle wasn't able to be a regular in the wooden spoon team which had problems in No. 9 so had to go to the market.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Liddle wasn't able to be a regular in the wooden spoon team which had problems in No. 9 so had to go to the market.
Stats indicate Liddle was the second worst hooker last year. Only better than McCullough. So Liddle is an improvement on last year.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Not sure. Frank is more talented but so lazy.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons top 30 squad​

Spots Available: 2

• Alec Tuitavake
  • Ben Hunt
  • Ben Murdoch-Masila
  • Blake Lawrie
  • Cody Ramsey
  • Corey Allan*
  • Dan Russell
  • Francis Molo
  • Hame Sele*
  • Jack de Belin
  • Jack Bird
  • Jacob Liddle
  • Jaydn Su'A
  • Kyle Flanagan*
  • Mat Feagai
  • Max Feagai
  • Michael Molo
  • Mikaele Ravalawa
  • Moses Suli
  • Paul Turner
  • Ryan Couchman
  • Sione Finau
  • Talatau Amone
  • Toby Couchman
  • Tom Eisenhuth
  • Tyrell Sloan
  • Viliami Fifita
    Zac Lomax

Supplementary players: Connor Muhleisen, Corey Ackers, Dylan Egan, Jackson Shereb, Josh Coric, Hamish Stewart
Supplementary is Development, yes? Note all forwards. Where the bloody hell are our back equivalents.