Top 30 for 2023

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Now Flegg is over, we can officially start planning for next year. This isn't in any order.
  1. JDB
  2. Woods (can't ship him off anywhere else because no other club wants him)
  3. Frank Molo
  4. Michael Molo
  5. Su'a
  6. Ben Hunt
  7. J. Hunt
  8. Coric
  9. Bird
  10. Amone
  11. Matt Feagai
  12. Max Feagai
  13. Ramsey
  14. Sloan
  15. Sullivan
  16. Burgess (as for Woods)
  17. Couchman (potential star)
  18. Hooper (this guy looks like he's going places in a hurry!)
  19. Suli
  20. Ravalawa
  21. Mbye (as for Burgess and Woods)
  22. Lawrie
  23. Aaron Johnson (not very skillful but big and runs hard)
  24. Treigh Stewart (he might well sneak under the guard of Sloan and Ramsey!)
  25. Leonard Skelton (big, skillful centre)
  26. *******
  27. *******
  28. *******
  29. *******
  30. *******
Who else? Lobb and Shereb probably won't make it. Callum Gromek is a possibility but needs to put on 10kgs.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
  1. JDB
  3. Frank Molo
  4. Michael Molo
  5. Su'a
  6. Ben Hunt
  7. J. Hunt
  8. Coric
  9. Bird
  10. Amone
  11. Matt Feagai
  12. Max Feagai
  13. Ramsey
  14. Sloan
  15. Sullivan
  19. Suli
  20. Ravalawa
  22. Lawrie
  26. Josh Kerr (same as Mbye, Woods, Burgess. I guess he might be able to get a long term deal in the ESL. I hope so.)
  27. Liddle
  28. The guy from the Warriors
  29. *******
  30. *******

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Now Flegg is over, we can officially start planning for next year. This isn't in any order.
  1. JDB
  3. Frank Molo
  4. Michael Molo
  5. Su'a
  6. Ben Hunt
  7. J. Hunt
  8. Coric
  9. Bird
  10. Amone
  11. Matt Feagai
  12. Max Feagai
  13. Ramsey
  14. Sloan
  15. Sullivan
  19. Suli
  20. Ravalawa
  22. Lawrie
  26. *******--Zach Herring
  27. *******- Jacob Liddle
  28. *******- Billy Burns
  29. *******--Shalom O'fou
  30. ******* Connor Muhleisen?
Who else? Lobb and Shereb probably won't make it. Callum Gromek is a possibility but needs to put on 10kgs.
Good analysis. I am adding Zac Herring, promote him from his current DC. Need to add Billy Burns as he has been extended. I'd have extended Jackson Ford over him. Also Jacob Liddle as he is all but a Dragon next season. Stuck on #30. Muhleisen perhaps.
I am giving Braxton Wallace, Alex Lobb, Hayden Budd, Declan Purcell, Aaron Johnson a DC.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Good analysis. I am adding Zac Herring, promote him from his current DC. Need to add Billy Burns as he has been extended. I'd have extended Jackson Ford over him. Also Jacob Liddle as he is all but a Dragon next season. Stuck on #30.
I am giving Braxton Wallace, Alex Lobb, Hayden Budd, Declan Purcell, Aaron Johnson a DC.
Pretty good. I was actually more impressed with the other winger, Gromek than Lobb. What a massive disappointment Shereb was. Was it just a really bad game? There have been big wraps on him for a while.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Good analysis. I am adding Zac Herring, promote him from his current DC. Need to add Billy Burns as he has been extended. I'd have extended Jackson Ford over him. Also Jacob Liddle as he is all but a Dragon next season. Stuck on #30.
Not O'Ofuo. Unfortunately he isn't the player we hoped for. He's playing in Group 7 next year.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
What a massive disappointment Shereb was.
Not writing him off just yet. Has potential. Needs the correct guidance.

Why hasnt NSWRL website bothered to list Flegg season stats. This comp is treated so poorly. Wonder kids want to play in it. No comparison to the well financed, managed and fully sponsored former Under 20s comp. ARL Commission needs to take a good look at this badly neglected tournament.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Josh Kerr
I heard he had been let go. Why are we backing mediocrity. Can understand keeping Burns as his season was bothered by injuries. He says he was a Dragons fan growing up and is priviledged to now be playing with us.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I heard he had been let go. Why are we backing mediocrity. Can understand keeping Burns as he was bothered by injuries. He says he was a Dragons fan growing up and is priviledged to now be playing with us.
I'm sure the club would let him go if anyone else wanted him but he is still contracted for next year.

Eric

Staff
  1. JDB
  3. Frank Molo
  4. Michael Molo
  5. Su'a
  6. Ben Hunt
  7. J. Hunt
  8. Coric
  9. Bird
  10. Amone
  11. Matt Feagai
  12. Max Feagai
  13. Ramsey
  14. Sloan
  15. Sullivan
  19. Suli
  20. Ravalawa
  22. Lawrie
  26. Josh Kerr (same as Mbye, Woods, Burgess. I guess he might be able to get a long term deal in the ESL. I hope so.)
  27. Liddle
  28. The guy from the Warriors
  29. *******
  30. *******
I'm just as interested in who the starting backline will be. Given it wasn't the backs who struggled and the average age of the backs compared to the forwards, the backline should be pretty much set. Fullback is the big one. Sloan, Ramsey or Stewart?

I'm a fan of the Feagai's, Suli, Ravalawa but along with Lomax, that backline is just too slow to compete with the best teams. If Ramsey is on a wing and Sloan or Stewart at fullback, I guess that will speed things up a bit but is Ramsey a better winger than then Feagai's or Rava? And even Ramsey isn't very fast for a winger.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I'm just as interested in who the starting backline will be. Given it wasn't the backs who struggled and the average age of the backs compared to the forwards, the backline should be pretty much set. Fullback is the big one. Sloan, Ramsey or Stewart?

I'm a fan of the Feagai's, Suli, Ravalawa but along with Lomax, that backline is just too slow to compete with the best teams. If Ramsey is on a wing and Sloan or Stewart at fullback, I guess that will speed things up a bit but is Ramsey a better winger than then Feagai's or Rava? And even Ramsey isn't very fast for a winger.
I understand it's a little too radical for Griffin but why couldn't Rava get a chance in the forwards? He's big enough. Tackles well enough. Runs hard enough. He probably wouldn't last 80min in the forwards but should be fine for 40 or 50. Having Lawrie play a long time in the middle for a front rower gives the Dragons an advantage on the bench if the coach is smart enough to use it.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I understand it's a little too radical for Griffin but why couldn't Rava get a chance in the forwards? He's big enough. Tackles well enough. Runs hard enough. He probably wouldn't last 80min in the forwards but should be fine for 40 or 50. Having Lawrie play a long time in the middle for a front rower gives the Dragons an advantage on the bench if the coach is smart enough to use it.
Why not give it a try? He's really too slow to be a really good winger these days.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
If one looks at the official website, one will see Moga and Rueben, confirmed departures, in the backs with Bird also listen in the backs. Mbye also listed in the backs but I guess the coach will use his star recruit in the backs from time to time. Where else is he going to use him? Apart from the NSW Cup.

So it seems there will be at least 3 spots opening in the backline. Who will it be? Treigh Stewart I'd say is a certainty. And I think the two Flegg centres, Skelton and Johnson might be the other 2. Who else would it be? Ben Johnson that is. Not the interchange prop who was also very impressive, Aaron Johnson.

Eric

Staff
I think it's too early to have really any idea who the top 30 will be next year but with a bit of speculation/wishful thinking, how about this for the best 17.
  1. Sloan
  2. Ramsey
  3. Suli
  4. Lomax
  5. Feagai
  6. Amone
  7. Sullivan
  8. Lawrie
  9. Hunt (c)
  10. Spencer Leniu
  11. Su'A
  12. Angus Crighton
  13. JDB
14. Bird
15. Liddle
16. Woods
17. Couchman

18. Mbye

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I think it's too early to have really any idea who the top 30 will be next year but with a bit of speculation/wishful thinking, how about this for the best 17.
  1. Sloan
  2. Ramsey
  3. Suli
  4. Lomax
  5. Feagai
  6. Amone
  7. Sullivan
  8. Lawrie
  9. Hunt (c)
  10. Spencer Leniu
  11. Su'A
  12. Angus Crighton
  13. JDB
14. Bird
15. Liddle
16. Woods
17. Couchman

18. Mbye
I like it. No Ravalawa?

Eric

Staff
I like it. No Ravalawa?
Forgot about him. What to do with Ravalawa? I'm a big fan but feel maybe he isn't fast enough to be a winger. Interchange forward in place of Woods. I know swapping a winger for a prop seems strange but Rava is big enough to be a prop.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Sloan
  2. Ramsey
  3. Suli
  4. Lomax
  5. Feagai
  6. Amone
  7. Sullivan
  8. Lawrie
  9. Hunt (c)
  10. Spencer Leniu
  11. Su'A
  12. Angus Crighton
  13. JDB
14. Bird
15. Liddle
16. Woods
17. Couchman

18. Mbye
I'd go with Mbye in the 17 in place of Liddle.