Top 30 for 2023

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Lomax and Amone had a bust up at training. Zac took exception for a hit Amone put on him. I hope Amone starts doing the same to opposition players during games!
Good luck with that. I just hope he makes an effort on a consistent basis.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
It's the off season. Doesn't hurt to dream.
(y)
Now the Dragons bringing good, young forwards into first grade is "a dream". :cautious:
I didn't mean to be negative just realistic. If both become top first grade players next season, it will be almost unheard of. If one of them becomes a good first grader next year, that will be great. As far as I can see, definitely need at least one more good middle and one more good edge forward.

Eric

Staff
Hay guys , just off topic , I would like to wish you all on here a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year ...... Lets hope we start to see signs of improvement from here on .......
A little early but I'd also like to wish everyone a happy Christmas and New Year. Stay safe, don't drink too much. It's going to a big year! Could it be the beginning of the end of the decade long nightmare? Some real talent coming though the grades and a few old heads like JDB, Hunt or seasononed NRL playes like Su'A, Lomax around to lead them.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Hay guys , just off topic , I would like to wish you all on here a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year ...... Lets hope we start to see signs of improvement from here on .......
A little early but I'd also like to wish everyone a happy Christmas and New Year. Stay safe, don't drink too much. It's going to a big year! Could it be the beginning of the end of the decade long nightmare? Some real talent coming though the grades and a few old heads like JDB, Hunt or seasononed NRL playes like Su'A, Lomax around to lead them.
Merry Xmas and happy holidays from me too!

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

‘Best I’ve seen’: Why fiery Dragon Lomax is ready to finally ignite​

St George Illawarra star Zac Lomax was on his best behaviour at training, avoiding getting into scraps with his teammates, during a cross-code opposed session with the NSW Waratahs on Monday.

Senior Dragons players giggled about the training-ground squabble between Lomax and Junior Amone last week, and applauded the young pair for showing such spirit.

Looking for a big next season from Zac. I think after a disastrous first half of last season, he was good in the second half. I love Rava as a player and winger but I think this team really needs some more speed on the flanks. Rava is among the slowest wingers.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

‘Got a bit feisty’: Dragons, Waratahs settle age old debate in fiery League vs Union session​

The Dragons and the Waratahs put the age old debate of which is the superior code to the test in a fiery opposed training session at the NSW Centre of Excellence in Daceyville.

The sight of Dragons lock Jack Bird and Waratahs back-rower Lachie Swinton getting involved in some argy-bargy and bit of push and shove, showed the competitive juices were flowing when the two clubs went head-to-head in a a spirited training run.

However, any Dragons players looking to make the code switch to play second row in rugby union have some work to do on their lineouts, after some comical attempts at times, that were met with roars of laughter from both squads on the sidelines.

Jack Bird looks in better shape than last season. Toward the end of last season, he looked outright fat.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

‘Got a bit feisty’: Dragons, Waratahs settle age old debate in fiery League vs Union session​

The Dragons and the Waratahs put the age old debate of which is the superior code to the test in a fiery opposed training session at the NSW Centre of Excellence in Daceyville.

The sight of Dragons lock Jack Bird and Waratahs back-rower Lachie Swinton getting involved in some argy-bargy and bit of push and shove, showed the competitive juices were flowing when the two clubs went head-to-head in a a spirited training run.

However, any Dragons players looking to make the code switch to play second row in rugby union have some work to do on their lineouts, after some comical attempts at times, that were met with roars of laughter from both squads on the sidelines.

Jack Bird looks in better shape than last season. Toward the end of last season, he looked outright fat.
You are busy this morning! Thanks for sharing those links. Woods says Jack Bird has been training at lock. That doesn't bode well for Woods spot in the 17. Or Bird starting from the bench, coming on to give JDB a rest after 30min and staying on seems like it might be a good option.

Eric

Staff

Fiery Dragon Lomax is ready to finally ignite​

St George Illawarra star Zac Lomax​

was on his best behaviour at training, avoiding getting into scraps with his teammates, during a cross-code opposed session with the NSW Waratahs on Monday. Senior Dragons players giggled about the training-ground squabble between Lomax and Junior Amone last week, and applauded the young pair for showing such spirit.

Lomax tried to shove Amone out of the way at marker as he played the ball, only for Amone to object and stand up for himself before a melee erupted.
If everything goes to plan, Lomax will be making plenty more headlines next season as he looks finally deliver on the top-shelf brand of football Red V fans have only seen in glimpses.

“Zac has been fantastic,” Dragons forward Jack de Belin said. “He’s one of the best athletes I’ve seen, he’s that fit and strong and skilful - he’s got it all.
“The last couple of years, he’s played some fantastic footy, but at the same time he’s copped a lot of flak. He just needs to knuckle down and play good footy, and I expect nothing less from him. He’s a star player and definitely in for a big 2023.”

Dragons can't get out of the news over the last week and for a change, not bad news.

Lomax has been mostly good. Maybe not as good as a lot of us hoped he would be 5 years ago but now he's in his prime, a decent pack giving halves more time and them giving outbacks better service will do wonders for Zac. As good as Rava is, I think a really speedy winger would compliment him as well.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Fiery Dragon Lomax is ready to finally ignite

St George Illawarra star Zac Lomax

was on his best behaviour at training, avoiding getting into scraps with his teammates, during a cross-code opposed session with the NSW Waratahs on Monday. Senior Dragons players giggled about the training-ground squabble between Lomax and Junior Amone last week, and applauded the young pair for showing such spirit.

Lomax tried to shove Amone out of the way at marker as he played the ball, only for Amone to object and stand up for himself before a melee erupted.
If everything goes to plan, Lomax will be making plenty more headlines next season as he looks finally deliver on the top-shelf brand of football Red V fans have only seen in glimpses.

“Zac has been fantastic,” Dragons forward Jack de Belin said. “He’s one of the best athletes I’ve seen, he’s that fit and strong and skilful - he’s got it all.
“The last couple of years, he’s played some fantastic footy, but at the same time he’s copped a lot of flak. He just needs to knuckle down and play good footy, and I expect nothing less from him. He’s a star player and definitely in for a big 2023.”

Dragons can't get out of the news over the last week and for a change, not bad news.

Lomax has been mostly good. Maybe not as good as a lot of us hoped he would be 5 years ago but now he's in his prime, a decent pack giving halves more time and them giving outbacks better service will do wonders for Zac. As good as Rava is, I think a really speedy winger would compliment him as well.
I'm generally the first to cut Dragons players some slack. Unless they are overpaid imports. But to be honest, in the first half a last season, he had some shockers.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS​

SPOTS AVAILABLE: 4
  • Talatau Amone
  • Jack Bird
  • Billy Burns
  • Jack de Belin
  • Mat Feagai
  • Max Feagai
  • Tyrell Fuimaono
  • Ben Hunt
  • Jaiyden Hunt
  • Josh Kerr
  • Blake Lawrie
  • Jacob Liddle
  • Zac Lomax
  • Moses Mbye
  • Tautau Moga
  • Francis Molo
  • Michael Molo
  • Ben Murdoch-Masila
  • Zane Musgrove
  • Cody Ramsey
  • Mikaele Ravalawa
  • Tyrell Sloan
  • Jaydn Su'A
  • Moses Suli
  • Jayden Sullivan
  • Aaron Woods
I guess it's confirmed. The club has signed another 30+ years-old fringe first grade prop from a struggling team. Another genius move!

I wonder what they are going to do about Amone? Give Wallace a top 30 contract as a like for like replacement? Seems the club already has Mbye and Bird who can play in the halves assuming Sullivan and Hunt are first picks. Might be an idea to sign another rookie forward.

Eric

Staff

• Talatau Amone
  • Jack Bird
  • Billy Burns
  • Jack de Belin
  • Mat Feagai
  • Max Feagai
  • Tyrell Fuimaono
  • Ben Hunt
  • Jaiyden Hunt
  • Josh Kerr
  • Blake Lawrie
  • Jacob Liddle
  • Zac Lomax
  • Moses Mbye
  • Tautau Moga
  • Francis Molo
  • Michael Molo
  • Ben Murdoch-Masila
  • Zane Musgrove
  • Cody Ramsey
  • Mikaele Ravalawa
  • Tyrell Sloan
  • Jaydn Su'A
  • Moses Suli
  • Jayden Sullivan
  • Aaron Woods
I guess it's confirmed. The club has signed another 30+ years-old fringe first grade prop from a struggling team. Another genius move!

I wonder what they are going to do about Amone? Give Wallace a top 30 contract as a like for like replacement? Seems the club already has Mbye and Bird who can play in the halves assuming Sullivan and Hunt are first picks. Might be an idea to sign another rookie forward.
What have we done to deserve these idiots?

But good question re Amone's replacement.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

• Talatau Amone
  • Jack Bird
  • Billy Burns
  • Jack de Belin
  • Mat Feagai
  • Max Feagai
  • Tyrell Fuimaono
  • Ben Hunt
  • Jaiyden Hunt
  • Josh Kerr
  • Blake Lawrie
  • Jacob Liddle
  • Zac Lomax
  • Moses Mbye
  • Tautau Moga
  • Francis Molo
  • Michael Molo
  • Ben Murdoch-Masila
  • Zane Musgrove
  • Cody Ramsey
  • Mikaele Ravalawa
  • Tyrell Sloan
  • Jaydn Su'A
  • Moses Suli
  • Jayden Sullivan
  • Aaron Woods

It will be Herring becasue the club has Ben Murdoch-Masila now.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
In round 2, I think this will be be the team.
  1. Sloan
  2. Lobb
  3. Matt Feagai
  4. Lomax
  5. Ravalawa
  6. Sullivan
  7. Hunt
  8. Lawrie
  9. Liddle
  10. JDB
  11. Sua
  12. Burns
  13. Bird
14. Mbye
15. F. Molo
16. M. Molo
17. Woods

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Sloan
  2. Lobb
  3. Matt Feagai
  4. Lomax
  5. Ravalawa
  6. Sullivan
  7. Hunt
  8. Lawrie
  9. Liddle
  10. JDB
  11. Sua
  12. Burns
  13. Bird
14. Mbye
15. F. Molo
16. M. Molo
17. Woods
#9 and #12 are problems. Bit premature to put Lobb in. He doesn't have a top 30 contract at present.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Sloan
  2. Lobb
  3. Matt Feagai
  4. Lomax
  5. Ravalawa
  6. Sullivan
  7. Hunt
  8. Lawrie
  9. Liddle
  10. JDB
  11. Sua
  12. Burns
  13. Bird
14. Mbye
15. F. Molo
16. M. Molo
17. Woods
You would have to imagine one of the Couchman's or Dylan Egan has been penciled in to play in the second row. Otherwise why wouldn't the club be looking for someone like Bateman. I don't mean him but a high quality second rower from somewhere. Sims would have been a better option than Burns.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
You would have to imagine one of the Couchman's or Dylan Egan has been penciled in to play in the second row. Otherwise why wouldn't the club be looking for someone like Bateman. I don't mean him but a high quality second rower from somewhere. Sims would have been a better option than Burns.
I would have even preferred Josh McGuire to hang around for another year rather than Burns. Or even one Jack Gosiewski🕺 seems like a better option than Burns. Unless Burns has improved out of sight in the off season, which is possible because he's still young though unlikely, there is simply no way he could be a first choice starting second rower!

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Burns the man with no emotion , score a try no emotion , drop a ball no emotion , win a game no emotion , lose a game no emotion ....... IMO he will go alright still young and emotionless ......