Top 30 for 2023

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Have since counted those players..28 not 30, so two spots to fill. Do we scratch Amone and Ramsay. So four to fill. Coric, Muhleisen, Toby Couchman, Lobb for mine. Coric is now in his third pre season as a development player so should be given a crack in Firsts this year or we may lose him. He is not all that tall but built like a brick sh*thouse. Thighs like tree stumps.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
So the Tele has printed our Top 30 (nothing on our useless site).. wince time as the same players that stunk up last season, Moga, Francis Molo, Josh Kerr, Fuiamuano are in it. Not one of our promising juniors.. not one, not even Connor Muhleisen or Josh Coric. Wasnt Jonathan Reuben let go?
When is FO going to announce our full list of Development Players??
I think Reuben was let go. According to Fox sports:
  1. Aaron Woods (2023),
  2. Ben Hunt (2025),
  3. Ben Murdoch-Masila (2024),
  4. Billy Burns (2023),
  5. Blake Lawrie (2023),
  6. Cody Ramsey (2024),
  7. Francis Molo (2024),
  8. Jack de Belin (2023, PO 2024),
  9. Jack Bird (2024, MO 2025),
  10. Jacob Liddle (2023),
  11. Jaiyden Hunt (2024),
  12. Jayden Sullivan (2025),
  13. Jaydn Su’A (2024),
  14. Josh Kerr (2023),
  15. Mathew Feagai (2024),
  16. Max Feagai (2024),
  17. Michael Molo (2023, MO 2024),
  18. Mikaele Ravalawa (2023, MO 2024),
  19. Moses Mbye (2023),
  20. Moses Suli (2024),
  21. Nick Lui-Toso (2023),
  22. Talatau Amone (2024),
  23. Tautau Moga (2023),
  24. Tyrell Fuimaono (2023),
  25. Tyrell Sloan (2024),
  26. Zac Lomax (2026),
  27. Zane Musgrove (2024)
Development players (6 allowed)
  • Connor Muhleisen (2023),
  • Jackson Chereb (2024),
  • Josh Coric (2024),
  • Sione Finau (2023)
Also #22 will probably be stood down.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think Reuben was let go. According to Fox sports:
  1. Aaron Woods (2023),
  2. Ben Hunt (2025),
  3. Ben Murdoch-Masila (2024),
  4. Billy Burns (2023),
  5. Blake Lawrie (2023),
  6. Cody Ramsey (2024),
  7. Francis Molo (2024),
  8. Jack de Belin (2023, PO 2024),
  9. Jack Bird (2024, MO 2025),
  10. Jacob Liddle (2023),
  11. Jaiyden Hunt (2024),
  12. Jayden Sullivan (2025),
  13. Jaydn Su’A (2024),
  14. Josh Kerr (2023),
  15. Mathew Feagai (2024),
  16. Max Feagai (2024),
  17. Michael Molo (2023, MO 2024),
  18. Mikaele Ravalawa (2023, MO 2024),
  19. Moses Mbye (2023),
  20. Moses Suli (2024),
  21. Nick Lui-Toso (2023),
  22. Talatau Amone (2024),
  23. Tautau Moga (2023),
  24. Tyrell Fuimaono (2023),
  25. Tyrell Sloan (2024),
  26. Zac Lomax (2026),
  27. Zane Musgrove (2024)
Development players (6 allowed)
  • Connor Muhleisen (2023),
  • Jackson Chereb (2024),
  • Josh Coric (2024),
  • Sione Finau (2023)
Also #22 will probably be stood down.
22 is stood down won't be playing this season

Eric

Staff
According to DT. Interesting Amone is still listed. I guess his hearing will be next week and then he'll be stood down.

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Positional battle: Fullback​

Analysis: Tyrell Sloan wanted out of the Dragons twice in the last 12 months but his differences with coach Anthony Griffin have been settled, for now, despite falling out of favour and behind Cody Ramsey and Moses Mbye in the fullback stakes. Ramsey’s pre-season has been hampered by illness (ulcerative colitis), leaving Sloan in the box seat to get the No. 1 jumper for St George Illawarra’s season opener against the Titans. A confident Sloan, knowing he has the backing of his coach, is sure to provide some much needed spark with his speed and skill to a Dragons’ attack that only averaged 19 points per game in 2022.

Best 17

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mikaele Ravalawa
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mat Feagai
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Zane Musgrove
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Tyrell Fuimaono
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Moses Mbye
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Josh Kerr
  17. Francis Molo

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Best 17

1. Tyrell Sloan (Really need him firing this year.)
  2. Mikaele Ravalawa (need more speed on at least one wing. So one of he or Feagai has to make way for Lobb.)
  3. Moses Suli (Good player but really slow for a centre.)
  4. Zac Lomax (Of course)
  5. Mat Feagai (as for #2)
  6. Talatau Amone (hope he is available. Last year he started badly but was getting better as the season progressed.)
  7. Ben Hunt (of course)
  8. Zane Musgrove (Hope he has something to offer. )
  9. Jacob Liddle (as above.)
  10. Blake Lawrie (of course.)
  11. Tyrell Fuimaono (interesting choice.)
  12. Jaydn Su’A (of course)
  13. Jack de Belin (of course)
  14. Moses Mbye (good utility player on the bench.)
  15. Aaron Woods (hope he's better than last year)
  16. Josh Kerr (no way!)
  17. Francis Molo (I guess that's fair.
No Jack Bird in new. Swap him for Kerr.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
According to DT. Interesting Amone is still listed. I guess his hearing will be next week and then he'll be stood down.

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Positional battle: Fullback​

Analysis: Tyrell Sloan wanted out of the Dragons twice in the last 12 months but his differences with coach Anthony Griffin have been settled, for now, despite falling out of favour and behind Cody Ramsey and Moses Mbye in the fullback stakes. Ramsey’s pre-season has been hampered by illness (ulcerative colitis), leaving Sloan in the box seat to get the No. 1 jumper for St George Illawarra’s season opener against the Titans. A confident Sloan, knowing he has the backing of his coach, is sure to provide some much needed spark with his speed and skill to a Dragons’ attack that only averaged 19 points per game in 2022.

Best 17

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mikaele Ravalawa
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mat Feagai
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Zane Musgrove
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Tyrell Fuimaono
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin
  14. Moses Mbye
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Josh Kerr
  17. Francis Molo
It doesn't matter, what will happen on his 1st appearance he will be asked for his plea guilty/not guilty, or seek a further date whilst the evidence against him is reviewed by his defence counsel. Due to the serious nature of the offences the matter will then be referred to the District court, then a trial date will be set, anyone's guess when this year that will be. Then the trial he won't be playing this year.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
It doesn't matter, what will happen on his 1st appearance he will be asked for his plea guilty/not guilty, or seek a further date whilst the evidence against him is reviewed by his defence counsel. Due to the serious nature of the offences the matter will then be referred to the District court, then a trial date will be set, anyone's guess when this year that will be. Then the trial he won't be playing this year.
Too bad. I think he might have done very well this year. I just hope Griffin gives Sully a chance at 5/8 before Mbye.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
So do I but we both know better
I'm not so sure. He has copped so much flak over favouring mediocre veterans over highly rated young players last year, I think it might have gotten through his super-thick skull not to do that this year.

Eric

Staff
I understand and agree with what you are saying but don't understand why it's taking so long. The guy from the Broncos who it seems may have done not much more than grope some girl was stood down almost immediately. So I get the feeling Junior might be digging in to fight the charges and any potential stand-down. If he knows he is innocent, that is precisely what he should do, IMO.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I understand and agree with what you are saying but don't understand why it's taking so long. The guy from the Broncos who it seems may have done not much more than grope some girl was stood down almost immediately. So I get the feeling Junior might be digging in to fight the charges and any potential stand-down. If he knows he is innocent, that is precisely what he should do, IMO.
In recent years especially because of covid people have been waiting up to 2 yrs to go to trial. This is still the case now. The old adage is " the wheels of justice turn slowly ", is quite adapt.

Eric

Staff
In recent years especially because of covid people have been waiting up to 2 yrs to go to trial. This is still the case now. The old adage is " the wheels of justice turn slowly ", is quite adapt.
But why is taking the club and/or NRL so long to make a decision on being stood down? I understand that unless he pleads guilty, this is going to be going on for a while. I wonder whether he is swearing his innocence and threatening legal action. That's pure speculation but something going on behind the scenes.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
But why is taking the club and/or NRL so long to make a decision on being stood down? I understand that unless he pleads guilty, this is going to be going on for a while. I wonder whether he is swearing his innocence and threatening legal action. That's pure speculation but something going on behind the scenes.
I hope he is available. Won't be as big of a loss as JDB was but still better to have him onboard. I was really hoping for a breakout year from him this year. He was mostly good in the last few rounds of last year.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Probably wishful thinking. De Belin was charged due to the political/cultural situation in USA with the whole "Me too" movement. In Australia we can ignore that kind of thing but it's unfashionable to. The police even had to outright lie to get charges brought against de Belin. In this case, they don't care about some tradie unless the evidence is pretty rock solid.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
He received bail on a $100,000 surety. In my experience this suggests that the case against him is rock solid. I doubt very much if he will play again in the near future especially if he is found guilty then I would suggest he won't be playing football for some years to come.

Eric

Staff
He received bail on a $100,000 surety. In my experience this suggests that the case against him is rock solid. I doubt very much if he will play again in the near future especially if he is found guilty then I would suggest he won't be playing football for some years to come.
Unfortunately, you are making a lot of sense.