Top 30 for 2023

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Too bad. I think he might have done very well this year. I just hope Griffin gives Sully a chance at 5/8 before Mbye.
He received bail on a $100,000 surety. In my experience this suggests that the case against him is rock solid. I doubt very much if he will play again in the near future especially if he is found guilty then I would suggest he won't be playing football for some years to come.
It seems pretty certain Amone isn't going to be playing anytime soon. Like everyone else, I'm in favour of giving Sullivan first crack at 5/8 but I still think he's a natural halfback. If he doesn't go well at #6, of course the coach will go with Mbye but how about this for any idea?
  1. Sloan
  2. Ravalawa / Feagai
  3. Feagai
  4. Suli
  5. Lobb
  6. Lomax
  7. Hunt
Why not? Lomax has the passing game and running game. Strong defender and I would guess can become a decent kicker very quickly, if he isn't already. It would fix the defence, address to some extent the lack of speed in the backline with Sloan, Lobb and Lomax at 5/8.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
It seems pretty certain Amone isn't going to be playing anytime soon. Like everyone else, I'm in favour of giving Sullivan first crack at 5/8 but I still think he's a natural halfback. If he doesn't go well at #6, of course the coach will go with Mbye but how about this for any idea?
  1. Sloan
  2. Ravalawa / Feagai
  3. Feagai
  4. Suli
  5. Lobb
  6. Lomax
  7. Hunt
Why not? Lomax has the passing game and running game. Strong defender and I would guess can become a decent kicker very quickly, if he isn't already. It would fix the defence, address to some extent the lack of speed in the backline with Sloan, Lobb and Lomax at 5/8.
Definitely an idea if Sullivan doesn't make it at 5/8.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
What everyone may be forgetting is that Amone would have been 5/8 and the training would have been around him in that position. There would have been a shadow 5/8 I suggest that wasn't Sullivan. So if Sullivan is given a crack at 5/8 our team will be disjointed. Looking at the track record of this coach I would expect Mbye to be given the 5/8 spot. Time will tell

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
What everyone may be forgetting is that Amone would have been 5/8 and the training would have been around him in that position. There would have been a shadow 5/8 I suggest that wasn't Sullivan. So if Sullivan is given a crack at 5/8 our team will be disjointed. Looking at the track record of this coach I would expect Mbye to be given the 5/8 spot. Time will tell
That's true. I think 5/8 is Mbye's best position anyway. Maybe he is a better option period. But then why wasn't Sullivan let go when he requested a release?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Coach has got 2.5 months to get the new combination working. I think the period until the Xmas-New Year break is mostly used for fitness and the skills, combinations mostly start now.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
He received bail on a $100,000 surety. In my experience this suggests that the case against him is rock solid. I doubt very much if he will play again in the near future especially if he is found guilty then I would suggest he won't be playing football for some years to come.
These young blokes not just him , have to think before they act on anything ..... Unless it's a matter of being attacked by someone and you have to fight back , think about what the consequences are , if you chase someone around the joint with a hammer with the intention of harming them ..... No one seems to care , no morals , no respect, and nothing surprises me anymore ......

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Sullivan has to be 5/8 no brainer, we ain't winning anything this year or next so give him and all the young guys a good go to settle in ..... But Hook will only be worried about himself and won't take chances , unless he has been ordered to start using them ...... time will tell ......

Eric

Staff
These young blokes not just him , have to think before they act on anything ..... Unless it's a matter of being attacked by someone and you have to fight back , think about what the consequences are , if you chase someone around the joint with a hammer with the intention of harming them ..... No one seems to care , no morals , no respect, and nothing surprises me anymore ......
Lets just wait for the full story. For all we know, the tradie purposely ran over his dog or something like that.
Sullivan has to be 5/8 no brainer, we ain't winning anything this year or next so give him and all the young guys a good go to settle in ..... But Hook will only be worried about himself and won't take chances , unless he has been ordered to start using them ...... time will tell ......
I thought he had finally gotten the message with his habitual recruitment of aging journeymen at the expense of young players. And if the young players aren't at the club, he has to go to the market and recruit them. But then a few weeks ago he signed a soon to be 32 year-old journeyman prop the 2nd last placed Warriors no longer wanted....... so I don't know what to think anymore.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Lets just wait for the full story. For all we know, the tradie purposely ran over his dog or something like that.

I thought he had finally gotten the message with his habitual recruitment of aging journeymen at the expense of young players. And if the young players aren't at the club, he has to go to the market and recruit them. But then a few weeks ago he signed a soon to be 32 year-old journeyman prop the 2nd last placed Warriors no longer wanted....... so I don't know what to think anymore.
I want Hook gone yesterday but to be fair, he is only part of a recruitment and retention committee.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Totally agree. My understanding is he has no lawful defences for his actions. He is in trouble.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
There is no full story here the charge preferred means that he has no lawful defence. Example if you are out on the town and some idiot makes a derogatory remark at you then hits you. You are entitled to defend yourself until the force has been overcome. It doesn't allow you to knock him down then whilst he is on the ground kick him and break his ribs. You would expect to be charged. It doesn't allow you to arm yourself with any weapon and chase the other person and as a result of your actions cause him AOBH which is a lesser assault charge. If I was coach I'd be telling him mate we will support you through this process but if you are found guilty then that would be the grounds to tear up your contract. This then sends a clear message to everyone no matter what position you hold in the team or club.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Maybe that's why we are ordinary.
Isn't that the case at every club? Regardless, for a veteran like Hunt and a very talented but not so young anymore Sullivan, I think 2.5 months should be ample time to make the combination as could as it can be.

Eric

Staff
There is no full story here the charge preferred means that he has no lawful defence. Example if you are out on the town and some idiot makes a derogatory remark at you then hits you. You are entitled to defend yourself until the force has been overcome. It doesn't allow you to knock him down then whilst he is on the ground kick him and break his ribs. You would expect to be charged. It doesn't allow you to arm yourself with any weapon and chase the other person and as a result of your actions cause him AOBH which is a lesser assault charge. If I was coach I'd be telling him mate we will support you through this process but if you are found guilty then that would be the grounds to tear up your contract. This then sends a clear message to everyone no matter what position you hold in the team or club.
I understand he was almost certainly in the wrong. It just seems to me, whether it's legally applicable or not, there is a possibility it was somehow provoked. I don't know whether it was or wasn't. Correct me if I'm wrong but if my dog is on the road and I witness someone go out of his or her way to run over the dog even though he or she could have easily avoided it, legally I don't have a leg to stand on but it's understandable I lash out.

But again, I have no idea what happened. Just seems so strange one would get out a hammer and chase someone because he parked legally but in a way you didn't like. Only a pure psycho would do that which doesn't match his on field or as far as anyone knows, off field behavior until now.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Just seems so strange one would get out a hammer and chase someone because he parked legally but in a way you didn't like. Only a pure psycho would do that which doesn't match his on field or as far as anyone knows, off field behavior until now.
Hello? Money, or lack there of talks. Jo Dragon was awesome but the current lot....... lying, cheating schemers.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Hello? Money, or lack there of talks. Jo Dragon was awesome but the current lot....... lying, cheating schemers.
With JDB, the lying detective was trying to make a name for himself. In this case, seems there isn't much to it. Junior lost his mind even if he was provoked. Though that lying detective in the JDB case was barely punished. I think he was assigned to desk duty for a month or two and supposedly got a baking. He should have at least been fired if not arrested himself.

Anyway, the top 30. Everything with Junior playing or not is going to become clear soon enough. 95% he won't be playing.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
According to Zero Tackle the following is no longer on a development deal. Was he released, promoted to the top 30 or was it a missed tackle by Zero Tackle?

Haele Finau​

Club: St George Illawarra Dragons​

Position: Hooker

From the Melbourne Storm system but has made the move to Wollongong with his talented brother Sione, who is an outside back. Haele has great vision and loves to back himself with his speed out of dummy half. Arrived on a train-and-trial deal but has really impressed.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I understand he was almost certainly in the wrong. It just seems to me, whether it's legally applicable or not, there is a possibility it was somehow provoked. I don't know whether it was or wasn't. Correct me if I'm wrong but if my dog is on the road and I witness someone go out of his or her way to run over the dog even though he or she could have easily avoided it, legally I don't have a leg to stand on but it's understandable I lash out.

But again, I have no idea what happened. Just seems so strange one would get out a hammer and chase someone because he parked legally but in a way you didn't like. Only a pure psycho would do that which doesn't match his on field or as far as anyone knows, off field behavior until now.
What most law abiding citizens don't know is that under NSW Criminal Code provocation is not a defence that can be relied upon for any assault related offences.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
According to Zero Tackle the following is no longer on a development deal. Was he released, promoted to the top 30 or was it a missed tackle by Zero Tackle?

Haele Finau​

Club: St George Illawarra Dragons​

Position: Hooker

From the Melbourne Storm system but has made the move to Wollongong with his talented brother Sione, who is an outside back. Haele has great vision and loves to back himself with his speed out of dummy half. Arrived on a train-and-trial deal but has really impressed.
Promoted due to Sullivan now being considered a 5/8, not a backup hooker?