Eric

Staff
Let go of him for Musgrove and Muroch-Masila ...... Unbelievable!
Seems Murdoch-Masila was a direct swap for Ford. If he goes and out and stinks it up next week and Ford has another blinder, Griffin should be thrown out of the building, head first! We only get fringe first-grade journeymen while out juniors Griffin has no time, if not excel, do well at other clubs.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Seems Murdoch-Masila was a direct swap for Ford. If he goes and out and stinks it up next week and Ford has another blinder, Griffin should be thrown out of the building, head first! We only get fringe first-grade journeymen while out juniors Griffin has no time, if not excel, do well at other clubs.
In my experience young players need two essential factors to help them make it into 1sts. They have to believe that they have the confidence of the coach and they believe that they can continue to develop their skills under that coach and receive the necessary guidance. I would say that young Ford became dissolutioned with our present coach.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
In my experience young players need two essential factors to help them make it into 1sts. They have to believe that they have the confidence of the coach and they believe that they can continue to develop their skills under that coach and receive the necessary guidance. I would say that young Ford became dissolutioned with our present coach.
But Hook didn't want Ford around, not vice-versa. No indication Ford wanted to leave as far as I'm aware.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
But Hook didn't want Ford around, not vice-versa. No indication Ford wanted to leave as far as I'm aware.
That's what I said the coach did not obviously want a keep him. All this talk in 2020 bringing the coach to the club because of his ability to identify, retain and develop young stars into 1st grade. He has failed miserably and should have been shown the door.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
That's what I said the coach did not obviously want a keep him. All this talk in 2020 bringing the coach to the club because of his ability to identify, retain and develop young stars into 1st grade. He has failed miserably and should have been shown the door.
Absolutely! What he said he was going to do and what he was apparently brought in to do, the opposite has occurred.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Absolutely! What he said he was going to do and what he was apparently brought in to do, the opposite has occurred.
Did he say that? I don't doubt it but it just seems so weird that he has seemingly done the opposite. I remember reading on here recently someone said if Griffin didn't rate the current juniors, so be it. Maybe he was right. But if so, he should have identified the young players at other clubs stuck behind established first graders and recruited them, not journeymen no other club wanted around 30 years old.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Did he say that? I don't doubt it but it just seems so weird that he has seemingly done the opposite. I remember reading on here recently someone said if Griffin didn't rate the current juniors, so be it. Maybe he was right. But if so, he should have identified the young players at other clubs stuck behind established first graders and recruited them, not journeymen no other club wanted around 30 years old.
Before discussing this further, can I suggest a new or existing thread? This was supposed to be for tipping.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
This is what Ben Haran our GM said
Haran credited new Dragons head coach Anthony Griffin ahead of the club's 2021 campaign.

"2021 is going to be a big year at the Dragons due to the changes we have undertaken. There's a lot of things to be excited about as a club as a whole," Haran said.

"Anthony Griffin was a great appointment for us as a club; his experience and understanding of what it takes to bring young players through is undeniable.

It's now 2023

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
This is what Ben Haran our GM said
Haran credited new Dragons head coach Anthony Griffin ahead of the club's 2021 campaign.

"2021 is going to be a big year at the Dragons due to the changes we have undertaken. There's a lot of things to be excited about as a club as a whole," Haran said.

"Anthony Griffin was a great appointment for us as a club; his experience and understanding of what it takes to bring young players through is undeniable.

It's now 2023
Those comments look like a sick joke now🤮.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The new round sneaks up so fast.
Round 2 tips:
  1. Penrith Panthers vs South Sydney Rabbitohs: Penrith
  2. Parramatta Eels vs Cronulla Sharks: Parramatta
  3. Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys: North QLD
  4. Sydney Roosters vs Warriors: Roosters
  5. Dolphins vs Canberra Raiders: Dolphins
  6. Melbourne Storm vs Canterbury Bulldogs: Melbourne
  7. Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights: Wests Tigers
  8. St George Illawarra Dragons vs Gold Coast Titans: St George Illawarra by 2

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
  5. Dolphins vs Canberra Raiders: Canberra
  7. Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights: Newcastle
  8. St George Illawarra Dragons vs Gold Coast Titans: St George Illawarra by 8

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
  3. Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys: Brisbane
  5. Dolphins vs Canberra Raiders: Canberra
  7. Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights: Newcastle
  8. St George Illawarra Dragons vs Gold Coast Titans: Gold Coast by 16

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Penrith Panthers vs South Sydney Rabbitohs: Souths (big call here but that's why I'm winning at present)
  3. Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys: Broncos (NQ are the opposite to Melbourne. They often start the year poorly.)
  7. Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights: Wests Tigers
  8. St George Illawarra Dragons vs Gold Coast Titans: Gold Coast by 8
    (can the Dragons bash them into submission? Without JDB one could argue they have a tougher pack than the Dragons. Their wingers aren't really big compared to ours but the extra speed more than makes up for it in my opinion. Combined their centres are probably bigger than ours. At least very close to it. Sami is really big and Schoupp is built like tank. But having said all that, they are missing their best playmaker which is obviously a huge out.)

Eric

Staff
Knowing the tipping abilities of some members, if I don't pick up a point this week, I might have to start going for upsets. Tipping upsets will probably mean picking the Dragons every week:mad:🥴

7. Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights: Tigers
  8. St George Illawarra Dragons vs Gold Coast Titans: Gold Coast by 10

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg