2024 Round 1 Team

Eric

Staff
Just putting my old hat on again Don't be surprised to see a different backline next season. I'll throw this out there, barring injuries and just reading between the lines and obviously if we are successful in our targeted signings.

1. Lomax
2. Sloan/Finau
3. Suli
4. Alamoti (Dogs)
5. Rav
6. Amone
7. Hunt (cpt)
8. Lawrie
9. Liddle
10. Sele
11. Sua
12. Bird
13. Debelin
14. Thompson (Dogs)
15. Molo
16. Feigai/Tamale
17. T Couchman

My mate tells me Sullivan is gone and we won't have to stump up any of his salary meaning we should have a bit over $1m to spend in 24.
More and more talk on Lomax at fullback. Have you given up on Sloan at fullback?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
What I hope for:
  1. Sloan (after a baking and warning from Flanno that if he doesn't get more involved consistently and doesn't tackle much better, he might as well pack his bags.)
  2. Rava
  3. Lomax (vc)
  4. Tamale
  5. Finau
  6. Amone
  7. Herring or King-Togia
  8. Lawrie
  9. Liddle
  10. Couchman
  11. Su'a
  12. Suli
  13. JDB (c)

14. Couchman
  15. Coric
  16. Bird (I know this will upset some but I think as an interchange utility, he has value in the 17)
  17. M. Molo (hard worker. Isn't a game breaker but doesn't let anyone down.)

18. Tsougranis or Egan who will probably both be on development contracts.
Are those 2 mid season signings from Manly not good enough for first grade?

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Are those 2 mid season signings from Manly not good enough for first grade?
More depth signings? Flanno would know about their games. If they were depth signings he probably would have informed at least one he isn't wanted.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Souffs reserve grader Hame Sele is a start but I wonder if the club is going to sign anyone else? Other clubs seem to be busy preparing for next year, just not the Dragons.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Round 1 2024​

1. Sloan
  2. Finau
  3. Tamale
  4. Lomax
  5. Rava (if Flanno can get it through his thick skull to stay on his wing in defence.)
  6. Amone
  7. Hunt (He's staying. Seems certain now.)
  8. Lawrie
  9. Liddle
  10. Couchman
  11. Su'a
  12. ______________________?
  13. JDB

14. Couchman
  15. Bird
  16. Coric
  17. Molo (not sure which Molo)

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Round 1 2024​

1. Sloan
  2. Finau
  3. Tamale
  4. Lomax
  5. Rava (if Flanno can get it through his thick skull to stay on his wing in defence.)
  6. Amone
  7. Hunt (He's staying. Seems certain now.)
  8. Lawrie
  9. Liddle
  10. Couchman
  11. Su'a
  12. ______________________?
  13. JDB

14. Couchman
  15. Bird
  16. Coric
  17. Molo (not sure which Molo)
No Suli? Would be great if he could be turned into that missing No.12. And Sele will start in front of Coric for sure.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
It's better to concentrate on who the top 30 will be. I'm going to have a go even though I'm sure there are some who I'll miss.
  1. Luke Thompson (Seems we are the only ones interested in his services so surely it'll happen.)
  2. Toby Couchman
  3. Ryan Couchman
  4. Savelio Tamale
  5. Josh Coric
  6. Hame Sele
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Blake Lawrie
  9. Cody Ramsey
  10. Francis Molo
  11. Jack de Belin
  12. Sione Finau
  13. Jack Bird
  14. Connor Muhleisen or Declan Purcell
  15. Jacob Liddle
  16. Jaydn Su’A
  17. Matt Feagai (wouldn't surprise me if one or both Feagai's are tapped on the shoulder before round 1 next year)
  18. Max Feagai
  19. Michael Molo
  20. Mikaele Ravalawa
  21. Moses Suli
  22. Talatau Amone
  23. Tyrell Sloan
  24. Zac Lomax
  25. Viliami Fifita
  26. Dylan Egan or Nicholas Tsougranis (with the one who doesn't make it on a development contract.)
Already it's shaping us as a much stronger squad.
Adding Alec Tuitavake, Dan Russell and the other Pommie prop Ryan Sutton. Flanagan also wants two outside backs. Someone mentioned Paul Alamoti.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Adding Alec Tuitavake, Dan Russell and the other Pommie prop Ryan Sutton. Flanagan also wants two outside backs. Someone mentioned Paul Alamoti.
Why Ryan Sutton? Pretty average, isn't he? And it seems almost 100% that Ben Hunt is staying now. I wish we had another option but the reported 750k is really, really cheap for a decent halfback these days.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
You have spoiled my breakfast. I am still hearing conflicting reports about him staying after this season, also hearing silence from potential buyers. Fact is we are the only club that wants him.
Sorry. I didn't want him to hang around either but look at the bright side, 750k a decent halfback is a steal! Must have a lot of money to upgrade promising young players or go to the market.

As far as Thompson goes, the entire Dogs squad is defending very, very badly. But apparently the Dogs are paying him 800k a year at present. I'd say he's worth 600k max.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Sorry. I didn't want him to hang around either but look at the bright side, 750k a decent halfback is a steal! Must have a lot of money to upgrade promising young players or go to the market.

As far as Thompson goes, the entire Dogs squad is defending very, very badly. But apparently the Dogs are paying him 800k a year at present. I'd say he's worth 600k max.
You have spoiled my breakfast. I am still hearing conflicting reports about him staying after this season, also hearing silence from potential buyers. Fact is we are the only club that wants him.
I'm disappointed the club obviously doesn't rate Zach Herring. But maybe 2 years to get Lyhkan King-Togia ready for first grade will work out.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

If Thompson has never played for England, I'll also go with 600K.
I'm disappointed the club obviously doesn't rate Zach Herring. But maybe 2 years to get Lyhkan King-Togia ready for first grade will work out.
As I see it they rate Amone more. Two years to develop King -Togia 5/8, Nick Quinn 1/2. I dont think Junior will give us more than he is now and will be gone within two years, if he escapes jail time that is.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
If Thompson has never played for England, I'll also go with 600K.

As I see it they rate Amone more. Two years to develop King -Togia 5/8, Nick Quinn 1/2. I dont think Junior will give us more than he is now and will be gone within two years, if he escapes jail time that is.
I think they have at least for now ended the King -Togia 5/8 experiment. I could be wrong.

Eric

Staff
Just starting. The kid is still at school, Endeavour Sports High.. probably yr 12. Will play Ressies next season I expect. What we have to try to avoid with King-Togia and his ESH school mate , Loko Jr is homesickness and them wanting to return to family in Qld.
Being in the system and in the area for a number of years, they'll be fine. If they are really good and not getting paid enough, they might pull the "homesick" card.

Benny Hunt advises them on it:cautious:.