2024 squad and best 17

Eric

Staff
Things we need to know:
  • Why can't the Couchman's get a go in first grade? We know the answer by why does Flanno believe, "ThEY aRe Not rEadY YEt"?
  • Why have all these journeyman forwards like Sele, Eisenhuth, RFM, Leilua been signed but so far by far our best forwards, Su'A and JDB have not been extended?
  • What is the truth about Lomax? Was it really because he wanted to play centre? So why not play him at centre? He's very obviously the best centre we have.
  • Why is the only competition for Kyle Flanagan for 5/8 Jesse Marschke who was plucked out of the NSW Cup in his mid 20s?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Why can't the Couchman's get a go in first grade? We know the answer by why does Flanno believe, "ThEY aRe Not rEadY YEt"?
T. Couchman 208 (88pcm)
R. Couchman 176 (83pcm)

You sure they aint ready coach? Those are SUPER NUMBERS, specially the PCMs. Toby has been exceptional all season, played 70mins at prop two/three games back. The man has a huge engine as well as work ethic and ability, with Ryan just behind him in all assets.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
This is my fantasy Dragons engine room in three years time. Plus a marquee prop import as mentor.
Loko Jr
Jake Halangahu,
Finau Latu
Corey Ackers
Daniel Meafou
Toby Couchman
Ryan Couchman
Hamish Stewart

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Just reading the DT and they say,
The best 300 footballers in the NRL are in Brisbane this weekend for Magic Round.
So Dragons don't have anyone in the top 300? I disagree. JDB, Su'A and Lomax are in the top 300.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

ST. GEORGE-ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Predicted finish: 11th​

Chance of finishing top eight: 27.5%​

Chance of finishing top four: 1.8%​

Chance of winning minor premiership: 0%​

Remaining games: Broncos (A), bye, Panthers (H), Storm (A), Bulldogs (H), Titans (H), Sharks (H), Eels (A), Raiders (H)​

The Dragons are on the edge of the eight in a season that some had them tipped to claim the wooden spoon. They’ve improved markedly in 2024 under the guidance of new coach Shane Flanagan earning an 8-8 record to sit on equal points with the Cowboys (8th) and Knights (9th). They’ve won three of their past five games including a hard fought 22-10 Round 13 win over the Panthers. Their run home sees them face four current Top 8 sides (Panthers, Storm, Bulldogs, Sharks) with five of their final eight games to be played at home putting them in the frame to make the finals for the first time since 2018.

According to Fox Sport. 10~12th is what I think as well.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg

Remaining games: Broncos (A), bye, Panthers (H), Storm (A), Bulldogs (H), Titans (H), Sharks (H), Eels (A), Raiders (H)​

The Dragons are on the edge of the eight in a season that some had them tipped to claim the wooden spoon. They’ve improved markedly in 2024 under the guidance of new coach Shane Flanagan earning an 8-8 record to sit on equal points with the Cowboys (8th) and Knights (9th). They’ve won three of their past five games including a hard fought 22-10 Round 13 win over the Panthers. Their run home sees them face four current Top 8 sides (Panthers, Storm, Bulldogs, Sharks) with five of their final eight games to be played at home putting them in the frame to make the finals for the first time since 2018.

11th? 12th to 16th must really suck!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

I picked 12th at the beginning of the season so I'm feeling pretty good that is achievable now