2024 squad and best 17

Eric

Staff
X2 ....... Said this a looooooong time ago ........
x3. The more I think about Zac at 5/8, the more I like it. Would also tighten the defense around the middle drastically. Go from a 5/8 turnstile to a gun defender.
Zac also has no fear taking the ball right to the line and then passing. His toughness is underrated. I wonder if this goes ahead (Zac to 5/8), Flanno would consider making him captain.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Zac also has no fear taking the ball right to the line and then passing. His toughness is underrated. I wonder if this goes ahead (Zac to 5/8), Flanno would consider making him captain.
Zac excelling at 5/8 and being made captain is the kind of thing that could turn this club around very quickly.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Agree but nothing major will happen until the Sook of a captain leaves ........
Unless he's going to take a huge pay cut, I think we have get used to the idea Hunt is staying for this year and next. It's ok. Strip him of captaincy and tell him he needs to concentrate on his own game.

This is all highly speculative. If Zac plays 5/8 and if he is a good 5/8.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Unless he's going to take a huge pay cut, I think we have get used to the idea Hunt is staying for this year and next. It's ok. Strip him of captaincy and tell him he needs to concentrate on his own game.

This is all highly speculative. If Zac plays 5/8 and if he is a good 5/8.
Flanno and everyone else needs to stop crawling up his backside ......... And as you say strip him of the captaincy ....... This should have been done when he wanted out ........

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Interview with Flanno in the DT.
  • Hunt and Kyle are going to be halves. He says Kyle is an organiser and that will take pressure off Hunt so he can do what he does best.
  • Egan is firming to start in the second row with Su'a after being a standout in the hit out with Manly.
  • This wasn't said but there was a picture of Sloan. He looks to have really bulked up.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Interview with Flanno in the DT.
  • Hunt and Kyle are going to be halves. He says Kyle is an organiser and that will take pressure off Hunt so he can do what he does best.
  • Egan is firming to start in the second row with Su'a after being a standout in the hit out with Manly.
  • This wasn't said but there was a picture of Sloan. He looks to have really bulked up.
Well if young Flanno is going to be the organizer ! Then Hunt should give Kyle half his money ......... Hunt is an ok player when he is around good players , but he is not a number 7 for the money he is on and has been on ........

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Well if young Flanno is going to be the organizer ! Then Hunt should give Kyle half his money ......... Hunt is an ok player when he is around good players , but he is not a number 7 for the money he is on and has been on ........
I guess the theory is sound. Have Kyle call the plays and have Hunt pop up wherever he sees a chance. As well as kick. Kicking is something Hunt does well.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I guess the theory is sound. Have Kyle call the plays and have Hunt pop up wherever he sees a chance. As well as kick. Kicking is something Hunt does well.
Well there we go it is now coming to a head that a Rookie player is now in charge of steering the team around and Sook was never a ball playing 7 , just a runner that can kick at times ....... Time will tell .......

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I think Flanno jnr should count himself lucky ro be on a minimum wage. No other clubs wanted him. For sure Hunt has been overpaid for long time. But then again, the kind of money even semi-decent 5/8s make nowdays is ridiculous.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think Flanno jnr should count himself lucky ro be on a minimum wage. No other clubs wanted him. For sure Hunt has been overpaid for long time. But then again, the kind of money even semi-decent 5/8s make nowdays is ridiculous.
Mate I am definitely over Hunt as you can see , the sooner he is gone the better even if young Kyle steps up to the plate or not ...... We ain't winning anything anytime soon , so I'll go as far as saying Hunt to 9 with Liddle , talk about Lomax to 5/8 and let Kyle at 7 and see what happens ....... Have said before the whinging and Sooking about wanting to leave will continue from Hunt when things go pear shape in games ........

Eric

Staff
Mate I am definitely over Hunt as you can see , the sooner he is gone the better even if young Kyle steps up to the plate or not ...... We ain't winning anything anytime soon , so I'll go as far as saying Hunt to 9 with Liddle , talk about Lomax to 5/8 and let Kyle at 7 and see what happens ....... Have said before the whinging and Sooking about wanting to leave will continue from Hunt when things go pear shape in games ........
Personally I was one of Hunt's strongest supporters in the years of McGregor when he was getting called out a lot.
But I thought last year was the perfect time to cut him loose. His best days are behind him. Who knows what Sullivan is going to do. Maybe he'll become a zero. But as you said, we aren't winning anything with Hunt so why not give it a try? That's the way I saw it.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Personally I was one of Hunt's strongest supporters in the years of McGregor when he was getting called out a lot.
But I thought last year was the perfect time to cut him loose. His best days are behind him. Who knows what Sullivan is going to do. Maybe he'll become a zero. But as you said, we aren't winning anything with Hunt so why not give it a try? That's the way I saw it.
Not defending Hunt. I couldn't stand the way he carried on last year. But TBH, I think his halves partner is the bigger concern this season.

st george tragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
At least a good attitude like this will be a start to rebuilding our club. We'll done boys.
DRAGON FANS A GOOD NEWS STORY WE WONT HEAR FROM THE MEDIA ABOUT OUR BOYS

We had the absolute pleasure of hosting the St George Illawarra Dragons Rugby League Team for 3 nights this week
They were nothing short of outstanding. They were incredibly respectful and friendly and a credit to their Management and Club.
Seriously the units were left so clean you wouldn't not know they were staying there.
If the off field performance is any indication of there on field performance they are going to have a bumper season
GO THE MIGHTY RED V

THIS IS FROM THE MANGER OF THE HOTEL IN TERRIGAL

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Latest predicted round 1 team in the DT:

Dragons’ predicted team

1. Zac Lomax
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Jack Bird
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Kyle Flanagan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Dylan Egan
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack de Belin

Interchange
  14. Connor Muhleisen
  15. Michael Molo
  16. Hame Sele
  17. Ben Murdoch-Masila

If you thought the backs were too slow last season, you aint seen nothin yet!

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
According to Fox Sport, Dragons are still getting a lot of backing for the spoon. Strange after last weekends game.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS​

First-choice: 1 Tyrell Sloan ($400k), 6 Kyle Flanagan ($375k), 7 Ben Hunt ($1m), 9 Jacob Liddle ($250k). Total: $2.03m
Depth: 1 Mathew Feagai ($400k), 6 Jack Bird ($500k), 7 Jesse Marschke ($120k), 9 Connor Muhleisen ($80k) Total: $1.1m

Dragons have an unbelievably cheap spine. According to this even after they upgraded Hunt's contract which I believe is actually about 800k for the next 2 years.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg

DRAGONS​

First-choice: 1 Tyrell Sloan ($400k), 6 Kyle Flanagan ($375k), 7 Ben Hunt ($1m), 9 Jacob Liddle ($250k). Total: $2.03m
Depth: 1 Mathew Feagai ($400k), 6 Jack Bird ($500k), 7 Jesse Marschke ($120k), 9 Connor Muhleisen ($80k) Total: $1.1m

Dragons have an unbelievably cheap spine. According to this even after they upgraded Hunt's contract which I believe is actually about 800k for the next 2 years.
We do have a cheap spine, but all those figures are just guess work amd not accurate.
Hunt is on a lot more than 800k next 2 years.