2024 squad and best 17

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
We have enough backrowers Sua, Couchman x 2, BMM, Russell, Eisenhuth, Sele and JDB. That's 8. Prop wise Lawrie, Molo x 2. Praying the 2 young ex Many forwards come good, Tuitavake or Fifita. Gut feeling tells me JDB will again be used as a prop unfortunately.
Earlier post from a reliable source suggests Fifita will be in the 17.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
We have enough backrowers Sua, Couchman x 2, BMM, Russell, Eisenhuth, Sele and JDB. That's 8. Prop wise Lawrie, Molo x 2. Praying the 2 young ex Many forwards come good, Tuitavake or Fifita. Gut feeling tells me JDB will again be used as a prop unfortunately.
I see where you are coming from but:
*BMM - NSW Cup
* Russell - NSW Cup
* Eiasenhuth - NSW Cup
* Sele - Prop
* JDB - Lock or prop

So it's only Su'a and Couchmans. Last season Couchmans mostly played in the middle. Now RFM.

So middle rotation is: JDB, Lawrie, Fifita, Molo x 2. Maybe Couchmans x 2 and Tuitavake.

Unless Couchmans have breakout years and JDB winds back the clock, this pack isn't going to scare too much but hopefully can hold its own.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
*BMM - NSW Cup
* Russell - NSW Cup
* Eisenhuth - NSW Cup
* Sele - Prop
* JDB - Lock or prop

So it's only Su'a and Couchmans. Last season Couchmans mostly played in the middle. Now RFM.

So middle rotation is: JDB, Lawrie, Fifita, Molo x 2. Maybe Couchmans x 2 and Tuitavake.

Unless Couchmans have breakout years and JDB winds back the clock, this pack isn't going to scare too much but hopefully can hold its own.
It doesn't happen often but occasionally I work up the courage to disagree with jodragon40 jodragon40. Just joking. I usually agree 100% but not in this case. I agree with you about BMM, Russell, Eisenhuth. RFM like the Couchmans can play in the middle or an edge but it seems RMM is better on an edge and Couchmans better in the middle.

And RFM wasn't let go by the Grubs due to bad form but due to a personality clash with the coach. Added to the fact the Grubs are probably paying a very large % of his salary for the next 2 years, I'm pretty happy with this signing. Just my views.

BTW instead of using asterisks * you can use unordered list. Like:
  • BMM
  • Russell
  • Eisenhuth

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
*BMM - NSW Cup
* Russell - NSW Cup
* Eiasenhuth - NSW Cup
* Sele - Prop
* JDB - Lock or prop

See I'm talking old school positions. You have the front rowers and the backrowers. Non of this edge/middle rotation talk, it's nonsensical to me when I put words to paper.

Our current prop rotation looks like being, Lawrie/Molo/ Molo/JDB. Unless the coach decides on 2 alternatives Sele/Tuitavake.

In my humble opinion based on recent statistics not 1 of those players would make the run on team in any other team as a prop. When was the last time you read " Dragons pack targeted in recruitment drive by team A, B or C". ? 2011/2012 if my memory serves me right.

If that is the actual case there lies in why we are 2nd favourites to take home the spoon this season.

I pray I'm wrong, time will tell.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
See I'm talking old school positions. You have the front rowers and the backrowers. Non of this edge/middle rotation talk, it's nonsensical to me when I put words to paper.

Our current prop rotation looks like being, Lawrie/Molo/ Molo/JDB. Unless the coach decides on 2 alternatives Sele/Tuitavake.

In my humble opinion based on recent statistics not 1 of those players would make the run on team in any other team as a prop. When was the last time you read " Dragons pack targeted in recruitment drive by team A, B or C". ? 2011/2012 if my memory serves me right.

If that is the actual case there lies in why we are 2nd favourites to take home the spoon this season.

I pray I'm wrong, time will tell.
Just a Mug Fan Just a Mug Fan is saying Fifita will be in the 17. So I think the prop rotation will be Lawrie, F. Molo, Sele, Fifita.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Maybe when Bennett was coach but even then, a lot of that pack was getting near retirement.
Remember Bull Bailey, Ryles, Brent Kite, Creagh, Young and some very handy forwards not quite that good? And just before that or around that time Lance (RIP), Stevens, Craig Smith, Browny himself!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Remember Bull Bailey, Ryles, Brent Kite, Creagh, Young and some very handy forwards not quite that good? And just before that or around that time Lance (RIP), Stevens, Craig Smith, Browny himself!
Now those were the days, all managed to play for the state team. Exactly what I have been saying. Don't forget the hard men Beau Scott, Neville Costigan, Jeremy Smith. Every pack needs an enforcer. We haven't had an enforcer for the last 3 yrs minimum. Somebody, and it won't be Lawrie, Sele or Molo needs to stand up and make a name for themselves as our enforcer. Perhaps Tuitavake or Fifita?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Now those were the days, all managed to play for the state team. Exactly what I have been saying. Don't forget the hard men Beau Scott, Neville Costigan, Jeremy Smith. Every pack needs an enforcer. We haven't had an enforcer for the last 3 yrs minimum. Somebody, and it won't be Lawrie, Sele or Molo needs to stand up and make a name for themselves as our enforcer. Perhaps Tuitavake or Fifita?
JDB is as hard as granite.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
There is a possibility of snatching another winger from Manly, stay tuned
I don't have any clue about Christian Tuipulotu but I know someone seriously needs to give Flanno a smack around the ear then tell him the only 5/8 we have is his 25 year-old journeyman son who has been moved on from the 3 clubs he has played for.