2024 squad and best 17

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I think Griffin had him playing how Griffin wanted but not as good as he could be. I saw the PNG game he played in. The offload was back.
Yep. Amone as well. Tried to turn him into a ball player to suit Hunt. Something seriously wrong with the Griffin-Hunt thing. He had Hunt playing well and 3 or 4 blokes being forced to not play their natural and best games to suit Hunt.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Swipe Up Look Here GIF by UFC

Yep. Amone as well. Tried to turn him into a ball player to suit Hunt. Something seriously wrong with the Griffin-Hunt thing. He had Hunt playing well and 3 or 4 blokes being forced to not play their natural and best games to suit Hunt.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I don't have any clue about Christian Tuipulotu but I know someone seriously needs to give Flanno a smack around the ear then tell him the only 5/8 we have is his 25 year-old journeyman son who has been moved on from the 3 clubs he has played for.
If Kyle picks up where he left off, it's really going to be a crisis. A crisis of Flanno's making. Unless he has some left-field idea for 5/8 which works out. Like Lomax or Turner.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I don't have any clue about Christian Tuipulotu but I know someone seriously needs to give Flanno a smack around the ear then tell him the only 5/8 we have is his 25 year-old journeyman son who has been moved on from the 3 clubs he has played for.
That is going to be the litmus test that will decide our attacking competitiveness this season. I have studied his statistics and I fear that he may not be up to it. Time will tell. The only plus is the bond a father coaching a son can achieve, which can elevate his performance. I bloody hope so for all tragic's sake and mental well-being this season.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Now they are reporting it on fox
That will seriously do me if it's true. I just imagine it. Everyone knows Zac is a better centre than Bird and Suli combined. And Bird shouldn't even be considered unless there is an injury in the backline mid-game.
Not good, it was going to be a long season as it was. It's going to be longer now

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Now they are reporting it on fox
That will seriously do me if it's true. I just imagine it. Everyone knows Zac is a better centre than Bird and Suli combined. And Bird shouldn't even be considered unless there is an injury in the backline mid-game.
What has Flanno been smoking??? Zac is going to be a winger to make way for Bird in the centres or going to be dropped? No, no, no, no, NO! It can't be.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
What has Flanno been smoking??? Zac is going to be a winger to make way for Bird in the centres or going to be dropped? No, no, no, no, NO! It can't be.
It's a head-scratcher. Have Zac and Flanno fallen out? What explains this? Better to put Bird on the wing if one of them has to be on the wing.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Flanagan, overseeing the Dragons in his first year as head coach after being an assistant at Manly, was heard yelling at his players after a couple of minutes: “Get in and f--king tackle, it’s not touch”.
Is that Ramsey in the pic with RFM? He does look like he needs a full season to get some bulk back. Looks outright skinny!
Cody Ramsey and Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
This is my personal perspective of our 2024 season. New coach is a plus bring new ideas, new fitness/ training techniques, brings new attacking and defensive structures and identifies individuals who require upskilling within the squad. Brings hope, a new mental mindset, especially to those senior players who have become accustomed to a poor club and squad culture and most importantly losing.

Now the negative the new coach has failed to recruit the necessary players to make us a competitive top 8 team and that's reality. It is akin to having a new mechanic working on your old car engine he can retune, tinker with it, the engine to perform better but he can't miraculously transpose it into a 2024 model. Not without the right parts. We don't have the right parts.

So what lies ahead this season? My personal views is that we will become a 80 min footy team instead of a 65 min footy team. Defensively we have to improve on allowing the opposition to score on avg 28 points a game. If we can achieve a 25% improvement in that static alone then that should mean we won't get the wooden spoon, and perhaps just perhaps we can finish between 12th and 16th. There will be no semi finals football again this season.

I have consistently said since joining this forum that 2025 would see us improve enough to make the bottom of the 8, that is still achievable. For all us life long tragic's we will have to be more patient. A new coach and backroom personnel is a start but not a golden egg. We desperately need a new engine room.

I'm tipping us to finish 15th. Now I'm going to cry into my more expensive 🍻 thanks to our current federal government gooses, sadly to say.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
This is my personal perspective of our 2024 season. New coach is a plus bring new ideas, new fitness/ training techniques, brings new attacking and defensive structures and identifies individuals who require upskilling within the squad. Brings hope, a new mental mindset, especially to those senior players who have become accustomed to a poor club and squad culture and most importantly losing.

Now the negative the new coach has failed to recruit the necessary players to make us a competitive top 8 team and that's reality. It is akin to having a new mechanic working on your old car engine he can retune, tinker with it, the engine to perform better but he can't miraculously transpose it into a 2024 model. Not without the right parts. We don't have the right parts.

So what lies ahead this season? My personal views is that we will become a 80 min footy team instead of a 65 min footy team. Defensively we have to improve on allowing the opposition to score on avg 28 points a game. If we can achieve a 25% improvement in that static alone then that should mean we won't get the wooden spoon, and perhaps just perhaps we can finish between 12th and 16th. There will be no semi finals football again this season.

I have consistently said since joining this forum that 2025 would see us improve enough to make the bottom of the 8, that is still achievable. For all us life long tragic's we will have to be more patient. A new coach and backroom personnel is a start but not a golden egg. We desperately need a new engine room.

I'm tipping us to finish 15th. Now I'm going to cry into my more expensive 🍻 thanks to our current federal government gooses, sadly to say.
Get the defence right and attack only needs to pick up where it left off. But how is the attack going to do that if our best attacking weapon in the backs is put onto the wing?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Get the defence right and attack only needs to pick up where it left off. But how is the attack going to do that if our best attacking weapon in the backs is put onto the wing?
Just my view here I understand the coach is tinkering with the backline but I have to personally question why he would say " we need to get the ball more in Zac's hands", then move him to the wing to swap him with Sloan, arguably another strike player. To me lomax 5/8, Sloan fb, Sloan running off lomax in attack with lomax ability to offload the ball, but that's just me

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Just my view here I understand the coach is tinkering with the backline but I have to personally question why he would say " we need to get the ball more in Zac's hands", then move him to the wing to swap him with Sloan, arguably another strike player. To me lomax 5/8, Sloan fb, Sloan running off lomax in attack with lomax ability to offload the ball, but that's just me
That's a good point. He did say that. Is he looking at the idea I brought up over a year ago? Zac to 5/8?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Now you mention it, I remember that too. Doesn't make any sense. Don't let it ever be said Jo Dragon's memory isn't sharp even when he's drunk.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
X2 ....... Said this a looooooong time ago ........

Last edited: