Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
A few possibilities to replace Amone in 2025.
HALVES HEADED FOR THE OPEN MARKET

UNDER 30

• Ezra Mam (20)
  • Toby Sexton (22)
  • Tom Dearden (22)
  • Daejarn Asi (23)
  • Jarome Luai (26)
  • Kodi Nikorima (29)
  • Anthony Milford (29)
  1. Mam
  2. Dearden
  3. Luai
  4. No thanks for the rest

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
  1. Mam
  2. Dearden
  3. Luai
  4. No thanks for the rest
  1. Luai
  2. Dearden
  3. Mam
Luai is 26 and has won 3 premierships and an Origin series or two. If the hype around the young players we have coming through is true, in a couple of years it will be a young team. Someone like Luai would be exactly what we need.

Last edited:

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
His contract is going to be torn up. So I guess that means he'll be free to sign anywhere once the NRL re-registers him which will only be considered after completing 300 hours of community service. So in theory, he could be free to play early next season.
Anyway I for one was ok with him but not a explosive and quick 5/8 , hope he has learnt his lesson and finds his way ......

Eric

Staff
Anyway I for one was ok with him but not a explosive and quick 5/8 , hope he has learnt his lesson and finds his way ......
In my opinion:
  1. He hit first grade like a whirlwind in his first few games.
  2. From 2022 he was being forced by Hook to try and become a playmaker in order to compliment Hunt who he had no confidence in as a playmaker. Amone is never going to be a playmaker. He's a through and through ball runner. Just Hook doing everything he could for Ben Hunt.
  3. The team was better with Sullivan at 5/8 in the early part of last season.
  4. Amone's defence is not up to first grade standard even though it got better after Hook was hooked.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
A huge amount of promise. His slow progress I put down to poor junior coaching. Griffin did not help this by changing the way he wanted to play.
Shane Flanagan has not said much over this episode but appears he is with the club in retaining him. I think the NRL has acted too harshly, a 12 month suspension yes, but has gone too far rubbing him out by tearing up his contract and leaving him in limbo. Has he matured or found some remorse as he has not contested the dereg, copped it on the chin.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
A huge amount of promise. His slow progress I put down to poor junior coaching. Griffin did not help this by changing the way he wanted to play.
Shane Flanagan has not said much over this episode but appears he is with the club in retaining him. I think the NRL has acted too harshly, a 12 month suspension yes, but has gone too far rubbing him out by tearing up his contract and leaving him in limbo. Has he matured or found some remorse as he has not contested the dereg, copped it on the chin.
Would have liked to see what Flanno could do with him. Maybe have him play prop in order to make room for Kyle:mad:.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
As long as he comes back better for the Dragons rather than another club.
I wonder if AFB is still bitter about being sacked. One the one hand, you can't have wife or GF beaters on the books but on the other hand, would the Roosters or Melbourne have sacked him? I doubt it. They'd have gone to the NRL with some kind of "rehabilitation plan" and kept him on the books with some kind of "paying in advance" contract. Or organised for some kind of very easy and high paying job for him to do for a year before he could take up a new contract with the Roosters or Melbourne.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Not sure if anyone cares but this seems to put to bed any possibility Amone will be back. Was disappointing anyway. Though would have liked to see what a better coach would do with him.
I for one was never a big fan of him ....... I always thought he was not fast or explosive enough , bit like Flanno jr now .......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I for one was never a big fan of him ....... I always thought he was not fast or explosive enough , bit like Flanno jr now .......
Exactly! Though Flanno jnr tries hard to tackle. Just lacks the strength to do it well. Amone should have been able to tackle much better.